Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 15:34   #16
MCR
BHPian

Wow. Fantastic Travelogue Ravi. The photos are just amazing.
Now I am tempted to Take my Punto on the same route. Will start planning. Even My Punto's bottom scrapped at Tumkur BP. Earlier I would stop by the side and bend to have a look at the plate acting as the engine guard. But now I know the plate is real strong and donot really worry much.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

very nice detailed report ravi. Linea looks very nice. especially one in which has temple as background. How was handling at 180

Quote:
After lunching, we headed for Jopasu Car Care, Erandwana, for purchasing Jopasu car duster. I met Mr Anand Panchabhai, Director, Jopasu Systems Pvt Ltd. When I entered his chamber, he was browsing Team-BHP forum! ......
Not only Auto companies, accessories guys are also keeping an eye on team bhp
Old 10th March 2010, 16:40   #18
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot for the compliments, MCR & recshenoy. Even when I touched 180 kmph speed, I felt totally calm, composed and comfortable.

Old 12th March 2010, 20:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yo Man,

Way to Go !!! Excellent review and Excellent choice of vehicle. It feels like i too am back from the trip with you.

One Questions - how did you manage the blinding headlights from oncoming vehicles. Did that not affect your driving? Do you have any anti glare screen / coating on your Linea windshield ?

- Bharath
Old 13th March 2010, 11:13   #20
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot, scopriobharath, for compliments. I am touched by your words!

I am used to dazzling headlights [high beam] of oncoming vehicles. However, I use low beam usually. If it becomes unbearable, then I switch to high beam so that the driver of oncoming vehicle, especially, the buses, will relent and dip their headlamp. I found most of the truck drivers complying to low beam. But, the bus drivers usually drive with high beam headlamps.

No. I do not have any anti-glare screen/coating treatment done on my Fiat Linea's windshield.

Old 13th March 2010, 13:00   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic trip and travelogue there. Nice pics as well.

Linea is too beautiful to overlook as usual.

What was the overall mileage for the trip. Pls do post a bit of trip stats
Old 13th March 2010, 13:23   #22
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot, nkrishnap.

FE of Bangalore-Goa-Mahabaleshwar-Mumbai-Pune, including driving in ghat sections and bumper-to-bumper Mumbai city driving, was 11.3 kmpl.

FE of Pune to Bangalore [875 km],including torturous Haveri-Chitradurga stretch, was 12.4 kmpl with trip time of 12 hours 38 minutes with an average speed of 69 kmph.

Total distance travelled from home to home: 2887 km in 8 days

The FE, distance, trip time and average speed details are as per my Fiat Linea's MID.

Old 15th March 2010, 12:29   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One Questions - how did you manage the blinding headlights from oncoming vehicles. Did that not affect your driving? Do you have any anti glare screen / coating on your Linea windshield ?
Do not look at the blinding headlights of the oncoming traffic like a deer. You will have an idea of the line of the opposite vehicle when you see it - move slightly to the left if required. Your eyes should be on the left hand edge of the road, and straight ahead - and not on the other vehicle.

If the opposing vehicle does not dip, do not be a nice guy - hit the high beam.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

i totally agree with smartcat. initially i had problem with upcoming vehicles. i used to look at their light and say" damn, that guy is coming bright high beam"

Later realized, i should look at road rather than at vehicle! Also, changed the stock bulbs to 90/130. So if person in front doesn’t budge, i switch to high (130W) and make him go low
Old 15th March 2010, 16:55   #25
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Do not look at the blinding headlights of the oncoming traffic like a deer. You will have an idea of the line of the opposite vehicle when you see it - move slightly to the left if required. Your eyes should be on the left hand edge of the road, and straight ahead - and not on the other vehicle.

If the opposing vehicle does not dip, do not be a nice guy - hit the high beam.
I had a friend who had his one inimitable style of handling this.
Once on the pune katraj (old ghat road) there was a qualis or something like that coming with high beam. Our guy uses the dipper like mad. The other vehicle doesn't turn down to low beam. In a fit of anger, our chap turns off his headlights completely.
I screamed. The other vehicle came immediately to low beam.
My friend looks triumphant. That was the last time I sat in his car.
MX6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2010, 20:56   #26
BHPian

ravi.... u took the linea upto 140 & beyond....hats off to u....the expressway does tempt first timers
Old 15th March 2010, 21:04   #27
J.Ravi

You said it, ambivalent_98. I did touch 180 kmph, my record speed in my Fiat Linea.

Old 15th March 2010, 21:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
You said it, ambivalent_98. I did touch 180 kmph, my record speed in my Fiat Linea.
+1 to that sir. even i did 180 kmph in my linea and still there were no signs of wobbling.
Old 16th March 2010, 06:48   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
+1 to that sir. even i did 180 kmph in my linea and still there were no signs of wobbling.
180 . I don't even dream of those speeds

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2010 at 06:50.
Old 16th March 2010, 08:20   #30
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
Thanks, S.I.N.G.H, for kind words. BTW, I like your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
180 . I don't even dream of those speeds
It was almost deserted, straight, plain, multiple laned and excellent stretch of Mumbai - Pune Expressway. I was as calm, composed and comfortable as my Fiat Linea. I get such opportunity very rarely.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th March 2010 at 08:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks