Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 12:48   #46
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I got a query here. Who is Rashmi? Why is her name slab (what else can I call something cut out from a marble slab) having gear tooth profile on top?
Old 19th May 2010, 13:43   #47
BHPian

This 'choo chaa' mystery and star driver story have dominated this nicely shaping up story to such an extent that we forgot to comment on those beautiful views of rocky waterfalls and Bhedaghat. Liked those shots a lot, specially that all - boulder one.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Appearances are deceptive. Hyderabad traffic is so unregulated that one can't manage to keep their vehicle gleaming new. A vehicle as big as Scorpio can easily become targets even of mob frenzy in a place like Old Hyderabad. So just because the driver looks young one can't pass comments. Guess he's passionate about driving and it shows in his face!

You got rid of him? That's a shocker! Anyway I'm going to print his photo and paste it on my car's rear with the words "He's not driving, but I can do an encore". That will frighten away the helmet-less, zig-zagging morons from my tail.
And yes, 300 kms of twists and turns overnight is not an easy task. I knew he's possessed!

If his father's fired the driver, I'm sad.

But thanks to unoczar and friends, the driver got to see India and was featured in a travelogue in T-BHP as well!
nice positive thinking MX6, my dad's in politics and that scorpio does get battered every now and then.. in old city.
and on a positive note... he's not fired, i just spoke to dad, he says..

raat ke 2-3 baje tak koi driver nahi milta... mai usse nahi nikal sakta
jee theek hai, magar usse bolo ki gaadi theek se chalaye
ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Man, this is a very intriguing travelogue. I'm totally hooked to it. Please post up fast.
right boss.. i'm trying to do that ASAP.

Quote:
I got a query here. Who is Rashmi? Why is her name slab (what else can I call something cut out from a marble slab) having gear tooth profile on top?
OK, Rashmi is my wife's previous name, so she clicked that snap. We even stayed at hotel Rashmi in agra very close to taj mahal. that pic also coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
This 'choo chaa' mystery and star driver story have dominated this nicely shaping up story to such an extent that we forgot to comment on those beautiful views of rocky waterfalls and Bhedaghat. Liked those shots a lot, specially that all - boulder one.

even i was going to say that,- thank you sir.

@everyone- please keep in mind that i'm trying to show how varied India is in summers. One place you'll see gleaming hot sun, people sweating, other place you have this big river with smoky waterfall! and .. another couple of variations which are coming up .. later.

Last edited by unoczar : 19th May 2010 at 14:04. Reason: addition
Old 19th May 2010, 14:07   #49
MX6
Senior - BHPian

What about the gear tooth profile? You've not answered that one!
Old 19th May 2010, 14:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
OK, Rashmi is my wife's previous name, so she clicked that snap.
I know its getting personal with this question, how can your wife name change ? the surname can change ... Did you change the original name after marriage ? If personal please ignore dont reply

Quote:
I looked for me as a wave from the ocean...
Old 19th May 2010, 15:18   #51
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
I know its getting personal with this question, how can your wife name change ? the surname can change ... Did you change the original name after marriage ? If personal please ignore dont reply

Hope I can take the liberty in answering this query.
This I don't think is personal. It's as a matter of fact a religious requirement.
Incidentally, many communities amongst hindus as well had a mandatory name change for women post wedding. But that's lost down the ages. You may call it Women's lib. It's my name and I'm not changing it is the mantra.

Wave from teh ocean? Wow. You are still a romantic at heart. As for me, I'm a mechanical engineer all around!

@unoczar. What's the name of your father's driver?
Old 19th May 2010, 16:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
@unoczar. Bhai, your father's driver got another reserved job, may be useful during recession. Remember, What MX6 said above, 'he's (your driver) possessed!'

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 19th May 2010 at 16:46.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
This I don't think is personal. It's as a matter of fact a religious requirement.
Incidentally, many communities amongst hindus as well had a mandatory name change for women post wedding. But that's lost down the ages. You may call it Women's lib. It's my name and I'm not changing it is the mantra.
I swear I didn’t knew this ...

@ unoczar - is this your case... ?
Old 19th May 2010, 17:47   #54
BHPian

your subtle humour sense is the gripping factor behind your logs..keep it up !

BTW, i feel so bad for the scorpio. The driver should not be allowed to drive anything else other than a bullock cart !
Old 19th May 2010, 17:56   #55
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post

BTW, i feel so bad for the scorpio. The driver should not be allowed to drive anything else other than a bullock cart !
Unoczar. I'm completely smitten by that driver. If possible let him ride a bullock cart and then please post photos of the bullocks.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
We dint get it done.. it was just sitting there, done by the craftsmen there.

Quote:

We both have changed our religions and then got married. I reverted long back, she just did before marriage ~3 years ago.

Quote:

Wave from teh ocean? Wow. You are still a romantic at heart. As for me, I'm a mechanical engineer all around!

Mr. Mohammed Mazhar

Quote:
I swear I didn’t knew this ...

@ unoczar - is this your case... ?
nah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post

hehe.. thank you sir.

Quote:
Unoczar. I'm completely smitten by that driver. If possible let him ride a bullock cart and then please post photos of the bullocks.

bullocks, nah... horse yes! he rode a TANGA near taj mahal... i have pic of the horse as well!!
Old 19th May 2010, 21:15   #57
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We both have changed our religions and then got married. I reverted long back, she just did before marriage ~3 years ago.

Mr. Mohammed Mazhar
bullocks, nah... horse yes! he rode a TANGA near taj mahal... i have pic of the horse as well!!
Shows that Love is beyond everything!

Nice to know that you called the driver Mr. Shows your calibre!

Mr. Mazhar on a tanga! Please post the pic of the horse. Please post the pic of Mr. Mazhar on the tanga as well. This is going to be an awesome log!
Ladies and gendlemen! Mr. Mazhar is actually Unoczar's version of JAGGA!
Old 19th May 2010, 21:46   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Mohammed Mazhar
Well, unoczar, Mr. Md. Mazhar is such an intriguing entity, I decided to give him and his ilk some more publicity here. Your contributions on the other thread will also be eagerly awaited.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It takes a lot of skill to express frustration with humour. Satire and self directed sarcasm are part of a dying art.
I see that in you with that statement of yours "When a hyderabadi says koi fikr nahin start chewing your nails".
Seems like we have another smart cat here!
Having met the man (on a TBHP drive meet to Gandipet), I can vouch for all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Welcome back to Hyderabad khaleed Bhai.

This is what I got on Google! Maybe this caused the battery to go PHATAAK! (I am also not an expert, Just guessing!)

BTW, all of us are eager to read about the choo-chaa part!
Battery blowing - I saw that ages ago with the black hard rubber case variety. I guess even the new ones can blow if the vents are blocked. As pointed out it is time the alternator, rectifier and other parts of the charging circuit are checked and repaired. Eagerly waiting for the choo chaa part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Man, this is a very intriguing travelogue. I'm totally hooked to it. Please post up fast.
+1 to the above.

Nice pics of the river and ghats. Your catching the snake and bird shows that you have a keen eye and are very observant.

Man, I admire your guts - getting the car 2 hours before a 7000 km journey. Please check HVKs threads and the AP to AP travelogue, of course not forgetting the preparations for a long drive thread. Preparations typically would start about 2 weeks before the date of journey. Please do remember to follow the checklists when you do venture out on in your swift.

Now to eagerly await the next instalment of what promises to be a rocking travelogue.

Cheers,
Old 19th May 2010, 21:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

This probably the best thread I have come across after a long time. Unoczar, your hatke writing style has left us all wanting for more. Please do post the remaining travelouge soon.

OT: Your driver is a celebrity now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks