Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 09:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sriram, if you are planning to go from Coimbatore I suggest you start around 5.30 from Coimbatore you should be able to reach the Sethumadai check post around 6.30 / 6.45 when the gate opens, being among the first few vehicles would give you better opportunities of sighting wildlife as you go up to Top Slip. Once you reach Top Slip you can either opt for the Parambikulam safari, which take about 3 hours or the Top Slip Safari (takes about an hour or so).

Post Safari you can come back to Sethumadai have your breakfast at Anamalai, and proceed towards Valparai, while on the way you can finish Monkey's falls, Loams view, Balaji Temple etc. Check in at the place where you are staying have lunch and then during the evening you can finish Nirar Dam, Nalla Mudi Pooncholai & Siddhi Vinayak Temple.

The next day you can do Sholayar Dam, Athirapally falls, Vaazchal Falls and come back to Valparai for night halt. Third day after some leisurely breakfast you can drive back to Coimbatore.

Let me know in case you need any help.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:53   #47
BHPian

Thanks Srikanth. That helps - I'll be coming from Chennai by Cheran and will then pick up a cab from there. So might not be able to make it so early to the safari. Are there specific timings for this safari - esp the Topslip one? Might not opt for Parambikulam as there'll be 3 kids and there's no way we can have them seated for 3hrs!!
Old 26th May 2010, 14:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to take the safari at topslip, you need to take the one before 8 AM because thats when the camp elephants go out for work. The kids would enjoy seeing the elephants being fed etc. Alternatively what you could do is go to Valparai straight from Coimbatore and do Top Slip / Parambikulam on your return to Coimbatore the 3rd day, I assume you would catch a night train back from Coimbatore, so you could do an evening safari and reach Coimbatore comfortably.
Old 12th November 2010, 08:07   #49
BHPian

I just went thru your travelogue on valparai trip. Quite an interesting, informative one. Thanks a lot for such a wonderful travelogue.

Please advise: We, a group of 3 men(can grow to 5), are planning for a trip to parambikulam, topslip and valparai. Planning it in a Scorpio (Lot of options left, like a Baleno, an i20, a Figo or a Swift VDi). Need advice on the vehicle to be chosen for the trip, accommodation etc. Where all can we take our own vehicle and should we get the vehicle passes earlier itself ?

Can I have an idea of the tariffs and the contact numbers ?

The farm house @ Sethumadai / Topslip
The cottages @ parambikulam
Monica Garden Bungalow @ Valparai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks