Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 00:08   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Where is the guy sleeping on top of which GJ bus?
oops i think that pic was not uploaded..lemme see if ican do it now
Old 30th May 2010, 00:45   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
BTW i wanted to know the fastest Del-Mum Dash here , The only person i know who's done it fastest is HVK with little over 18 hours.
No not Mum-Del but Bhuj-Delhi which is 1250kms in 14 hours. Check out details at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1903509
Old 30th May 2010, 00:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Good show mate. Yups I was in Marina. BTW take it easy on your way back there is no rush, just enjoy the drive.
Old 30th May 2010, 09:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
No not Mum-Del but Bhuj-Delhi which is 1250kms in 14 hours. Check out details at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1903509
went through the thread. Was it your crdi or someone else's?? For all i know is that you drive a gv. Sorry if i missed on something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Good show mate. Yups I was in Marina. BTW take it easy on your way back there is no rush, just enjoy the drive.
thank you sir. Im going to drive slow on the way back as i did realise that dl-mh was not an easy feat.

Hope to catch up with you soon
Old 30th May 2010, 17:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Today while moving from Kandivali to Mahim ( our next base camp ) i spotted this well maintained qualis with the LTD stcker..how cool is that.

I was with my parents and brother and the car was fully loaded with bags. I managed to overtake him and show off my LCLC and immediately heard him honking to acknowlege. Since i was not in a position to stop so we exchanged pleasantaries and moved on.

My Brother was like what is that and i told him this is what we do when we spot a BHPian.

Here are a couple of pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry351.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry352.jpg  

Old 30th May 2010, 18:11   #66
Senior - BHPian

^^
I think that is v12's stunning 10 yrs old Qualis.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:31   #67
kkg
BHPian

Great, the thing you couldn't do in Delhi in last few months, you do it within few days in Mumbai i e spotting a BHPians car. Good going. Have a safe drive back home.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of honking and flashing as recognition signs, last month while driving to Shimla I overtook a Tavera with 2 people in the backseat trying to take GPS readings. Must be from some GPS company trying to update, I thought. The moment I over took him I saw him flashing and honking. The the honking stopped but he kept flashing, I slowed down and thinking happily that maybe one of them might be a bhpian. But what happens is he overtakes me with a grin and keeps on his way. Now I am pissed so I honk and flash him till he gave way again. I know it sounds stupid but then..
Old 31st May 2010, 01:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

You should have stopped him and conducted a vigilant(e) inquiry.
Old 31st May 2010, 19:41   #70
BHPian

Cool Man you spotted a BHPIAN in Mumbai, its very difficult to find one in Delhi. Whenever I go out I wish that someone will spot my LCLC sticker and send BHPian signals.
Old 31st May 2010, 20:05   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
went through the thread. Was it your crdi or someone else's?? For all i know is that you drive a gv. Sorry if i missed on something.
That was in my son's i20
Old 1st June 2010, 10:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
^^
I think that is v12's stunning 10 yrs old Qualis.
yup v12 did confirm that. Alloys would have made it look even better
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Great, the thing you couldn't do in Delhi in last few months, you do it within few days in Mumbai i e spotting a BHPians car. Good going. Have a safe drive back home.
lol..how true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Speaking of honking and flashing as recognition signs, last month while driving to Shimla I overtook a Tavera with 2 people in the backseat trying to take GPS readings. Must be from some GPS company trying to update, I thought. The moment I over took him I saw him flashing and honking. The the honking stopped but he kept flashing, I slowed down and thinking happily that maybe one of them might be a bhpian. But what happens is he overtakes me with a grin and keeps on his way. Now I am pissed so I honk and flash him till he gave way again. I know it sounds stupid but then..
i can understand that. Even i had a couple of instances like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You should have stopped him and conducted a vigilant(e) inquiry.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Cool Man you spotted a BHPIAN in Mumbai, its very difficult to find one in Delhi. Whenever I go out I wish that someone will spot my LCLC sticker and send BHPian signals.
yup thats true. Even ive not spotted more than 4-5 bhpians indelhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
That was in my son's i20
oh ok. Thanks.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Lemme just quickly go through the awesome non-stop journey we had from Delhi to Mumbai.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]28th May[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]7:45 am – After having a quick breakfast and a 15 min nap after being awake for about 20 hours I was ready for one more ordeal of what I know now of 26 hours non stop journey on my small little 800 cc machine. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]So the dream journey begins with me feeling droopy and even bro did not have a good night sleep due to the excitement , anyways spoiling our mood initially was the traffic ion gurgaon and the slow moving traffic due to unknown reason till about 50 kms of the jaipur Hwy. Bro had a little stomach pain and wanted to have a iced team from the now 24 hours Mc D’s , also thought of clicking few pics with Mr Mc D ( lol I don’t know what he’s called otherwise ).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]For the music piece we were carrying 2 SanDisk Sansa players ( one 8gb and one of 4gb ) with no radio channels attempted throughout the trip..anyways it was great music , great hwy and a nice air conditioning ( kudos to maruti for that ).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]10:30 am - Started feeling hungry again and we had only travelled about 100kms but decided to stop by at a hwy restaurant ( and I intentionally stopped near the Michelin factory ) . The taste of the food was exactly opposite of the otherwise swanky looking restaurant. Anyways we had a yucky masala dosa and uttapam and moved on after getting clicked with the Michelin man.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by harishnayak : 1st June 2010 at 10:52. Reason: some errors
Old 1st June 2010, 18:19   #74
BHPian

Awesome trip Harish...Had done the same stretch earlier this year. Checked out the snaps and relived some of the moments again..Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 18:39   #75
BHPian

hey can u give the break up timings of the journey? how much time did it take for the major stretches....delhi -udaipur, udaipur-ahmedabad , ahmedabad - mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks