Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 18:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

Harish my man! Whoa! Nice pictures and travelogue. In one of the pictures you had 80 on the ODO and I thought 'Buss kya mamu, apun koch kya' ? And then there was another at 100 and another a little above 100, aaaha aha, how much did ya do ? Come man you can tell me. Waiting for more! 42 hours is long brah!
Old 14th June 2010, 00:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Harish my man! Whoa! Nice pictures and travelogue. In one of the pictures you had 80 on the ODO and I thought 'Buss kya mamu, apun koch kya' ? And then there was another at 100 and another a little above 100, aaaha aha, how much did ya do ? Come man you can tell me. Waiting for more! 42 hours is long brah!
Thanks Prince!! For most of the trip we did not cross 100 as the car was not handling it too well however the fastest that we clocked on this trip was 120 but not for too long.

43 hours was when we did GA-DL almost non stop but DL-MH was in 26 hours non stop.

More to come soon..
Old 14th June 2010, 00:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

Harish bhai, havent you parked your car in the middle of the road according to some of your pics? Thats scary dont you think. By the way,seems you really enjoyed your trip. Lets meet up some day at the watering hole in Gurgaon
Old 14th June 2010, 00:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Harish bhai, havent you parked your car in the middle of the road according to some of your pics? Thats scary dont you think. By the way,seems you really enjoyed your trip. Lets meet up some day at the watering hole in Gurgaon

Hey Ralli , nice to see you here too. Well all those parkings were pretty safe with the traffic coming from behind kept in mind.

Sure we'll meet up some time
Old 14th June 2010, 02:03   #110
Senior - BHPian

DAY 4 - After a hectic day/afternoon we headed for Mahim ( our 2nd camp ) as it was my Aunt's 25th wedding anniversary and all my maternal uncles/aunts/cousins had come down for the function. One interesting incident on the way was when i spotted this white extremely well maintained Qualis with the LTD sticker on it.

My ride was completely filled with about 4-5 bags , me , my bro mom and dad..lol and guess what i still folllowed this qualis and overtook him to show off my LCLC and this guy did respond by honking. I gave way and he rolled down his windows to say hi.

Any guesses who he was?? well it was our own MOD V12..i came to know this later when i posted it on the TBHP sticker spotting thread.

Here are a couple of pics that i managed
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry351.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry352.jpg  

Old 15th June 2010, 15:08   #111
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The little monk looks very cute! Waiting for more photos!
Old 15th June 2010, 15:46   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harish

Did the thread ceremony happen at Vadala Ram temple hall ?

It seems you keep doing this Delhi-Mumbai-Pune trips, How many times you have done this route ?
Old 16th June 2010, 06:04   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
The little monk looks very cute! Waiting for more photos!
Thanks , That's exactly why i thought i should be posting those 2-3 pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Harish

Did the thread ceremony happen at Vadala Ram temple hall ?

It seems you keep doing this Delhi-Mumbai-Pune trips, How many times you have done this route ?
Yes it did , looks like you've been there before. I've done Delhi - Goa - Delhi twice so far in last 2years , once in my Spark and once on my Alto.
Old 16th June 2010, 06:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

We were very tired after the ceremony and finally reached my cousins place in Mahim.

Just when i thought of taking a quick nap my mom came up with the idea of visiting the Valkeshwar temple where our Swamiji had camped during that time and i was like i don't want to go but finally got convinced and we took my car and my cousins car. This was somewhere near the American embassy with all the diplomat bungalows - i was amazed to see such huge sprawling bungalows in Mumbai which was very unexpected , it's a common sight in Delhi though.

Also got an opportunity to click some pics of Haji Ali on the way.

Now there was this small lake outside the temple and trust me i had never seen so many ducks at one place , there were at least 200 of them and we just went on picture clicking spree with them.

Siddhivinayak temple
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry355.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry356.jpg
Haji Ali
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry359.jpg
Haji Ali
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry360.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry361.jpg
I clicked the church..the beetle came in accidently
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry362.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry363.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0961-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0962-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0964-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0973-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0974-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0977-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0980-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0982-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0983-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0984-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0985-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0986-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0991-medium.jpg
Old 16th June 2010, 09:34   #115
Senior - BHPian

Now came the time for the only time when i got challaned or should i say that the indian way of convincing worked ( read bribing ). On our way back i suddenly saw a cop slowly coming on his mobike and waving me to stop.

I stopped w/o any resistance ( as if i had a choice with 5 people in the car and AC on ) and got down from the car very confidently considering the fact that i had all the documents in place and following all the rules and regulations etc. The moment i got down from the car and asked the cop as to why he stopped me..i got the surprise of my life , he stopped me hearing the sound of my cars FFE. I was like this is pretty much acceptable in Delhi , no one has stopped me so far , i drove down all the way from Delhi covering X number of states etc but to no respite. My brother who was driving my cousins car also stopped and there was a huge crowd on the road and this kind of freaked out the young cop who had stopped me and he asked all of us to go back to the car except me , this was when i realised that he was looking for a bribe ( he had already told me that this is going to result in a Rs 500 fine and showed me the challan book too ).

After a little bit of negotiation and convincing he finally came down to taking Rs 100 and i was a happy man saving Rs 400 but wondering if this penalisation was actually applicable or not.

Mumbaikars - Is FFE banned in Mumbai???
Old 16th June 2010, 11:00   #116
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Bro. I've not heard about the FFE being banned in Mumbai. There are many places where one gets FFE mod done in Mumbai. Guess the cop just saw a delhi reg vehicle and tried his hand at pocketing 100 bucks. But was it really worth him chasing you in a bike just for 100 bucks is debatable. Knowing the propensity of Pandus (as they are called in Mumbai/ Thane and much of Maharashtra) in taking bribes, you should have tried bribing him as less as 5 or 10 bucks and insisted on a salute after he pockets the money.
But off late there's been a lot of rules in Maharashtra, including the draconian law of banning of speaking over blue tooth headsets while driving as well.

Last edited by MX6 : 16th June 2010 at 11:02.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:58   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Bro. I've not heard about the FFE being banned in Mumbai. There are many places where one gets FFE mod done in Mumbai. Guess the cop just saw a delhi reg vehicle and tried his hand at pocketing 100 bucks. But was it really worth him chasing you in a bike just for 100 bucks is debatable. Knowing the propensity of Pandus (as they are called in Mumbai/ Thane and much of Maharashtra) in taking bribes, you should have tried bribing him as less as 5 or 10 bucks and insisted on a salute after he pockets the money.
But off late there's been a lot of rules in Maharashtra, including the draconian law of banning of speaking over blue tooth headsets while driving as well.

Lol 5 or 10 bucks..Does that still happen in Mumbai? That's too less isn't it?

I think my uncle who spoke in Marathi also helped in him bringing down the fine and guess what my Bro who was driving my cousins wagon R took a wrong route suddenly and my sis gave him a call to come back and he immediately took a U-turn on the one way ( which he did not know was a one way ) and bang goes the Pandu Again with Rs 200 as the bribe this time..lol

These were the only 2 fines paid by us on the entire trip within a span of 1 hour in Mum
Old 16th June 2010, 20:29   #118
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Lol 5 or 10 bucks..Does that still happen in Mumbai? That's too less isn't it?

I think my uncle who spoke in Marathi also helped in him bringing down the fine and guess what my Bro who was driving my cousins wagon R took a wrong route suddenly and my sis gave him a call to come back and he immediately took a U-turn on the one way ( which he did not know was a one way ) and bang goes the Pandu Again with Rs 200 as the bribe this time..lol

These were the only 2 fines paid by us on the entire trip within a span of 1 hour in Mum
He was lucky. Entering one-way is a lesser crime in Mumbai than being caught speaking in a mobile while driving. Even mobs might attack if they catch a person talking on the mobile!
And yes, 5 or 10 bucks for offences which are contentious like FFE. You know why the traffic cops in Mumbai are called Pandu? Interesting story behind it.
Read this interesting stuff which will teach about how to handle Pandu.
Quick tips on handling a Mumbai traffic cop (pandu) | this is mumbai city
Old 19th June 2010, 21:23   #119
Senior - BHPian

Next came one of the most awaited structure that i wanted to see and Drive on - The Worli Sealink. This may be a common sight for the Mumbai friends here but i really wanted to drive on it so we took a detour and enjoyed the drive and the view.

I also heard that it was made by Amar Singh , Is that correct?

Total distance 5.5 kms
Toll Rs 50

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1018-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1019-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1020-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1021-medium.jpg
There was a dead body on the Sealink for which these 2 cars suddenly stopped to check. We moved on and reported the same to the toll guy.
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1022-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1023-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1024-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1028-medium.jpg
Old 19th June 2010, 22:27   #120
Senior - BHPian

DAY 4-

It was my Aunt's 25 th wedding anniversary so we had Pooja Paath etc throughout the day ending with a South Indian dinner on their Terrace.

Their terrace/apartment overlooks the Worli Sealink and i did not waste any time in clicking it from different angle and different timings.

After the dinner which ended around 10:30 we planned to go to Leopold cafe for a late night as someone told us that it's open till 2:00 am ( which was not the case - we reached there around 12:30 am :( ). And since we were already out so we decided to go in the opposite direction and headed straight away to JUHU but sadly even JUHU was shutting down due to cops taking over the stalls there and arresting a few goons who were creating trouble so finally tired of 2 disappointments we decided to hit Barista near the four seasons hotel and luckily sneaked in as this guy was putting the shutters down around 2:00 am.

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1180-medium.jpg

Attachment 371019

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1131-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1132-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1133-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry370.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1037-medium.jpg

Name:  DSCN1038 Medium.JPG
Views: 1117
Size:  53.8 KB

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1039-medium.jpg
My car cleaned and fresh to take on the road
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1040-medium.jpg
Porshe Showroom..Felt like stealing one
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry393.jpg

Phew Finally some pasta and coffee
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1201-medium.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks