Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 15:55   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Where all you see man?

Seems like AP is working over time on your photos!
Old 15th June 2010, 17:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where all you see man? its a juice bottle.
which juice ? it might be a juice bottle, but what AP probably wants to know is what is inside that bottle ?

I agree, AP has very keep eye for details, he tend to read well between the images or within an image (similar to reading between the lines)
Old 15th June 2010, 17:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-mjonbridge2.jpg

Quote:
Where all you see man? its a juice bottle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

Seems like AP is working over time on your photos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
which juice ? it might be a juice bottle, but what AP probably wants to know is what is inside that bottle ?
@star,
you got it.

waha bottle hai ki nahi?
hai na!!!!
phir usme kya hai wohi to puchch raha tha!!!:

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 15th June 2010 at 17:47.
Old 15th June 2010, 18:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@star,
you got it.

waha bottle hai ki nahi?
hai na!!!!
phir usme kya hai wohi to puchch raha tha!!!:
Ha, I mentioned it a Juice bottle, BECAUSE it had juice in it. Anyway, lets move around Venice and explore more. I need to catch the evening train and move to Milan by end of the day!!!

Walking and doing window shopping, I finally reached San Marco. It has many tourist attractions.

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarco1.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarco2.jpg

Beautiful Paintings on Entrance

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcoentrance1.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcoentrance2.jpg

The beautiful paintings infact tempted me to get inside and have a look. Wondered how beautiful it would be inside with such arts.

This was just diagonal to the San Marco Cathedral.

Watch the Clock dials again.
Name:  SanMarcoopp.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  126.0 KB

Some people who came outside the Cathedral started to pour Basmati rice (Yes, thats what was written on it!) and draw this HEART and some names inside. Seems like a peculiar wish or rituals. like our Kolam / Rangoli.

Rice (He)art
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcosomewish.jpg
Main are the cathedral & camp bell tower. It is said we get a beautiful view the whole Venice from the top of this tower.

Cam Bell Tower
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-campbelltower1.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-campbelltowerpano.jpg

But since it was crowded with long queue, I gave it a pass.
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcoqueue.jpg

I don't want to just keep standing in a queue, rather I would love to roam around and explore more of Venice.

Here are our heros waiting for the bakra. Hehehe, sorry for that. This is basically the Luxury boat called Gondala, that is very famous in Venice.

Gondala Service
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-gondalaserviceport.jpg

After a small walk, I could see the real purpose of this Gondala Service.

Couples traveling back from heaven in Gondala!. Ya, Marriages are made in heaven...
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-img_1598.jpg
Old 15th June 2010, 18:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures for the day.

Couple of views from behind the Cathedral.

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcobehind1.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcobehind2.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcobehind3.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-sanmarcobehind4.jpg

Arcs.

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-mazepillars.jpg

View of the main land from SanMarco

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-gondalaviews.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-panofromsanmarco.jpg

So, whose Taller!!!

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-whosetaller.jpg

Some innovative thinking for attracting tourists

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-innovation1.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-innovation2.jpg

Food with the Music

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-musicrest.jpg

Statue - Horse!
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-statuehorse.jpg

Photo Time!
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-mjsanmarco.jpg

Photo Time
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-mjsanmarco2.jpg

Luggage taxi
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-luggagetaxi.jpg

Blue-ish Bridge
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-bluebridge.jpg
Old 15th June 2010, 19:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pics there mahesh, venice reminded me of the song, "Do lafzon ki hai".

Keep them coming.

Abhi
Old 15th June 2010, 20:22   #22
BHPian

Nice pictures there, mj. So you're back with a bang, eh! Waiting for the rest of the log (& pics of course).
PS: Loved the Arcs picture.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey MJ, nice pics Loved the ones at the St Marks Square, I had stayed about 150 meters from it at the Best Western Albergo San Marco. Beautiful place, would love to go again sometime.
Did you also go to Lido and Murano?

Last edited by sammyboy : 15th June 2010 at 20:43.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Wonderful pics there mahesh, venice reminded me of the song, "Do lafzon ki hai".

Keep them coming.

Abhi
Thanks Abhi. But I could not get that Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Nice pictures there, mj. So you're back with a bang, eh! Waiting for the rest of the log (& pics of course).
PS: Loved the Arcs picture.
Thanks and yes. The Arc visual was really attracting when I was moving around. So, got it. Good that it has come out nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey MJ, nice pics Loved the ones at the St Marks Square, I had stayed about 150 meters from it at the Best Western Albergo San Marco. Beautiful place, would love to go again sometime.
Did you also go to Lido and Murano?
No, I did not move around any islands. Was only on the main land and walking. I love to go to Murano and watch those glass articles being melted and made. Let me see, if I can in some other visits.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Some interesting buildings from Venice.

These were captured when I was aimlessly roaming around. I happen to reach the other side of Venice which is very lonely, no crowds, no tourists. And it was also a pleasant experience to be in such places.

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-buildings1.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-buildings2.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-buildings3.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-buildings4.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-buildings5.jpg

I wanted to take a picture of me standing next to this place in above picture. But ubnfortunately there was no one passing by whom I can reqeust for help. So, now, just the wall without MJ :(

Intersting view of the gateway!
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-buildings6.jpg

Speical windows with those special flower pot
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-buildings7.jpg

I was taking rest in one of the lonely park in a bench. And I see this in front. Got interested and got it in my lens.

Doesn't it look so cute?

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-flowersonwindow.jpg

Street side restaurants
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-gelateriarest.jpg

Sofitel Hotel
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-hotelsofitelside.jpg

Sofitel Hotel
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-hotelsofitel.jpg

Museum with Anchor as security...
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-museovenice.jpg

Again Restaurants
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-pensionerestaurant.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-savoiahotel.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-streetrestaurants3.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-views1.jpg

One thing I noticed here is, even though the buildings are damaged, paints are peeled off etc, it looks something special for us, atleast for me it did. Do you notice it too?
Old 17th June 2010, 10:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

As you all know, Venice is very famous for their glass work. They showcase beautiful works on glass. I heard that one can view the making of it if we go to the near by island called Murano. I did not had any intention to have a look. Probably next time.

But the whole of Venice shop is filled with these wonderful glass arts. Some of them which got my attention are posted here.

Dogs and note those Pigs positions :o)
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-dogstoys.jpg

Valentines Special - Red Rose
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glassflowers.jpg

Cute Sparrows
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glasssparrow.jpg

Decorative items
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glassworks1.jpg

Ships, Birds et al
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glassworks2.jpg

Paints and Brush
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glassworks3.jpg

Parrot & Pinnk mermaid
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glassworks4.jpg

Musiks!!
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glassworks5.jpg

My vote goes to this.
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-glassworks.jpg

A sample video from youtube to show how they make the arts from glass. Amazing it is. Isn't it?

And ofcourse the credit goes to the person who uploaded this to Youtube.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more interesting stuffs on sales.

Colorful Gifts
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-colorful.jpg

Masks, masks and masks
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-masks1.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-masks2.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-masks3.jpg
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-masks4.jpg

Puppets!
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-dolls.jpg

Giant Ice cream?
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-icecream1.jpg

No, its a Garbage Bin
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-icecream2.jpg

Yummy sweets
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-yummy.jpg

Shoes
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-shoes.jpg

Shirts
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-shirts.jpg
Old 18th June 2010, 11:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

After roaming around the crowded streets of Venice, I moved to the lonely parts of the Venice. Its so silent, clean and green.

Less crowded streets

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-lesscrowds.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-lonelystreets2.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-lonelystreets.jpg

I happen to cross a park while walking and the view of it the moment I enter was really awesome. The lines of trees on both side with the little gap in-between to let the sunshine get into the park, lovely.

Scenic beauty

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-viewpark.jpg

At the end of the park I see this Statue

Flying Kanagi!!!
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-kannagiquest.jpg

Looked like the Kannagi statue on Marina beach in Chennai.

When I came from the other side of the Park, it was back to water. I see couple of guys doing fishing here. This guy was lucky to catch a fish so fast.

Fish-o(ye)-Fish

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-fishing.jpg

I was wondering about the no traffic signals streets of Venice and I notice this.

No-Entry Please
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-noentry.jpg

Yes, a No Entry for the boats on the boat "streets".

Next to that I also see a statue done like a person drowned in the sea. Possibly denotes some memories or event. Not sure.

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-statuedrowned.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-statuedrowned2.jpg

Took some couple of shots from the land. The view of the mainland from here was nice.

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-viewfromsanmarco.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-viewfromsanmarco2.jpg

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-viewfromsanmarco3.jpg

Colorfule seats
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-chairs.jpg

Flowers in full boom

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-flowers.jpg

Had a lonely moment enjoying the beach water before I make a move to station.

Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-aloneonbeach.jpg

Luxury ships.
Bangalore to Grenoble, Via Milano & Venizia - Le Moucherotte conquered...-luxships.jpg
Old 18th June 2010, 12:41   #29
MX6
Senior - BHPian

It's a visual treat you have unfolded here MJ. Especially with the kind of photos and your eye for detail, this is a very enchanting thread.
Old 18th June 2010, 13:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
It's a visual treat you have unfolded here MJ. Especially with the kind of photos and your eye for detail, this is a very enchanting thread.
Thank you. Trying to finish this fast, but something or other comes on the way... Hopefully this weekend i should put a THE END to this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks