Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

max that's a whole lotta driving man and trust me the OHC still manages to get a 2nd look for its stance.

BTW here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_5732.jpg , you sure the tires rotation was correct ?
Old 28th June 2010, 17:17   #17
BHPian

Hey Maxbhp

Absolutely helluva journey da.... I just wish I had the convenience and the opportunity to do something similar. Unfortunately, domestic handcuffs dont allow people like me to do somehting like this.

Keep going man, also put up some write ups, that then completes the whole adventure.

Subs
Old 28th June 2010, 18:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow - A Solo drive and that too such a long one. Its good to see country long dashes these days. 2500 is steep !!

Very nice pics - what cam ?
Old 28th June 2010, 19:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
max that's a whole lotta driving man and trust me the OHC still manages to get a 2nd look for its stance.

BTW here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-img_5732.jpg , you sure the tires rotation was correct ?
OHC is one amazing car to drive for speeds below 120 . I will check it up. Didnt notice that. I had asked for a workshop to rotate the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subs View Post
Hey Maxbhp

Absolutely helluva journey da.... I just wish I had the convenience and the opportunity to do something similar. Unfortunately, domestic handcuffs dont allow people like me to do somehting like this.

Keep going man, also put up some write ups, that then completes the whole adventure.

Subs
It was really good driving along the national highways. I will definitely do a write up some time very soon.Now am running to finish my work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Wow - A Solo drive and that too such a long one. Its good to see country long dashes these days. 2500 is steep !!

Very nice pics - what cam ?
Canon S3IS

I will narrate a lesson I learnt while driving hard.

When I was nearly 200kms from Gurgaon , I met up with a Blue skoda in front of me. The guy was probably doing 100 , I was doing around 110 so it was a gradual slow overtaking. I never meant to overtake the guy , I was just maintaining my speed. The guy suddenly shifted down and with a brup and slurp , it went ahead and then I could see him dodging cars , so I thought I should not let down my japanese soul and so I too went down by two gears and RPM from 3200 went all the way till 6000+ and that sound from the engine was sounding so amazing I just couldnt help myself but going faster. In around 3 minutes I was right at the tail of this Skoda. Now am doing around ~ 160 . We both dodged two trucks and came on to a straight stretch , the Skoda was going good and I was finding it tough to pass it . After around 800 mts , we had to approach a sharp curve and hence we had to come down to around 80 , Right at the exit I dropped to 2nd vroom 3rd vroom 4th vroom 5th RPM was climbing above 5000 and the Skoda was clearly out of my way. I really enjoyed this. There are some things I learnt from this.

1.City above 120 ~ 130 is suicide attempt.
2.Skoda is so much more stable at higher speeds. I donnow whether he has done any suspension mods but direction changes at triple digit speed seemed so much more planted.
3.I was stupid to do this stunt as any wrong move by either of us could have costed me my life and for him his no claim bonus.So after this stunt , I never really did any vroom vroom.

I have to admit one thing , The car is something after 4000+ RPM . I just love my car.
Old 28th June 2010, 19:52   #20
cLJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post

1.City above 120 ~ 130 is suicide attempt.
2.Skoda is so much more stable at higher speeds. I donnow whether he has done any suspension mods but direction changes at triple digit speed seemed so much more planted.
3.I was stupid to do this stunt as any wrong move by either of us could have costed me my life and for him his no claim bonus.So after this stunt , I never really did any vroom vroom.

I have to admit one thing , The car is something after 4000+ RPM . I just love my car.
This is one of the thing I hate while driving. I too speed, but not for catching-up with somebody or to show that we are also capable. It is good that you realised the limit.

Safety never wait for anyone.

CLJ
Old 28th June 2010, 19:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
This is one of the thing I hate while driving. I too speed, but not for catching-up with somebody or to show that we are also capable. It is good that you realised the limit.

Safety never wait for anyone.

CLJ
I always realise my limite after being stupid .
Old 28th June 2010, 20:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
you sure the tires rotation was correct ?
Nice eye for detail Riju. I think its incorrect as you mentioned.

@ maxbhp

I guess this is not the shortest route, is it ?
Keep the rest of it coming.

BTW what are you planning to do with the OHC ?
Reg change to KA ?

Last edited by yzfrj : 28th June 2010 at 20:39.
Old 28th June 2010, 21:11   #23
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You realised after chasing him. Sadly, since he won, I don't think he'd have realised.
But good that you had an adrenaline rush and ended it in a safe way!
Old 28th June 2010, 21:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I guess this is not the shortest route, is it ?
Keep the rest of it coming.
Its not the shortest route but I had to touch Mumbai and Bangalore so I had no option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
BTW what are you planning to do with the OHC ?
Reg change to KA ?
See the pic below.
Attached Thumbnails
Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-start.jpg  

Old 28th June 2010, 21:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
You realised after chasing him. Sadly, since he won, I don't think he'd have realised.
But good that you had an adrenaline rush and ended it in a safe way!
It was a 1.9 Tdi Skoda and not 1.8T. In terms of acceleration City was far superior .
Old 28th June 2010, 21:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
See the pic below.
MS paint rocks.

I seriously thought of doing the same for my KL bike here in Chennai.
But common sense prevailed.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi maxbhp, do let us know the following details

Where all did you stay during your journey,
Did you do both night and day driving, if yes how many hours rest did you take?
Where did you have your food etc?
What was the total duration for the stretch.
Was all the way safe or was there any place you felt panicky / unsafe for scare of thieves / naxalites etc?
What was the total amount of all toll charges put together.
Old 29th June 2010, 08:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi maxbhp, do let us know the following details

Where all did you stay during your journey,
Did you do both night and day driving, if yes how many hours rest did you take?
Where did you have your food etc?
What was the total duration for the stretch.
Was all the way safe or was there any place you felt panicky / unsafe for scare of thieves / naxalites etc?
What was the total amount of all toll charges put together.
I had started at around 1 in the afternoon from Delhi .I reached Udaipur by around 3 though I did take lot of breaks for photography and eating . The name of the hotel was Savera. Its very near to city bus stand. The room tariff was 700 Rs. From Udaipur I started for Mumbai the next day. This hotel is not safe for family.

In Mumbai I stayed at my company arranged Hotel called Rosewood . Its near Tardeo . Its around 3K I guess but I would never suggest this hotel to anyone . Its close to Pedder road and railwaystation . Apart from that this hotel sucks . Rooms are really really small.

From Mumbai I started for Bangalore again in the afternoon 1:30 , I reached Belgaum by around 8 . I decided to stop here coz of what I have heard about the roads that lie ahead of Belgaum. I forgot the name of the Hotel but its in the city where a cluster of hotels are there and the room for a night came around 400. I would never advise a family to stay there.

In the morning I started for bangalore and my god was my friend right about the condition of the road. Due to maintainence work there are couply of diversions that could divert your life from this mother earth for good. Especially around 100 kms after Belgaum road conditions are bad for nearly 50~60 Kms and after that things are again fine. Roads are more interesting to drive coz there are nice turns and bends along the way.

The only thing I hated about the roads where speed breakers and my god ! what breakers. Let me tell you about one. There is this road going very smooth with nice high speed curve ending in a straight stretch of around 2~3 km and then you see another turn approaching and then suddenly before you ever realise there is a 30 cm high speed breaker with no warning or marking . There are nearly 2-3 of such ones and I have no idea why they have put the breakers there.It not only breaks the speed but it also breaks the vehicle and our poor back. The first time I had to brake so hard that the car has skidded for nearly 20 mts . My poor dear tyre. Anyway apart from this road is great. I reached bangalore somewhere around noon and I stayed at Hotel ajanta as I had to be near MG Road. Room tariff is 1800 per night.Its good for its proximity to MG road / Brigade road.

From Bangalore I had started in the morning at 7 and I reached Thrissur by around 2 in the afternoon.

Toll

Delhi - Mumbai - around 1100.
The most expensive toll is 85 and the cheapest one is 16.

Mumbai - Bangalore - around 500
The most expensive toll is 84 and the cheapest one is 24

Bangalore - Thrissur
The most expensive toll is 48 and the cheapest one is 20

What the toll tickets taught me was 'AIDS IS FATAL AND SAFE 5EX IS THE KEY ' . So I decided next time I loose key of my car , I know what to do.

I stretched myself every two hours of drive . I used to get out of car and just stretch myself.

I had food at anyplace I felt was safe and where there were other cars parked too. I dont remember them as such.

By the way CCD is one amazing thing on high way. Its a perfect place to take short breaks with a coffee.

I cannot comment anything on the safety of the road as far as robbery is concerned . If you are a family please plan all the journey from morning to evening . Road from Mumbai to Bangalore had very less hotels on the way compared to Delhi - Mumbai.
Old 29th June 2010, 09:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What the toll tickets taught me was 'AIDS IS FATAL AND SAFE 5EX IS THE KEY ' . So I decided next time I loose key of my car , I know what to do.

What you see above are me and my wife. You stole my word.
during the trip to Mumbai in March, this was what we too had learnt this lesson and we were actually laughing all the way

BTW, good that you had a great trip, such trips provide many good memories especially after few years.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:43   #30
BHPian

Man maxbhp so glad to see you back in tbhp!!was missing your posts for quite some time!!

Your travelogue is amazing man!!i can see you still enjoy chasing cars at high speeds-i remember you telling me you chasing an elantra crdi with your good old siena!!

Did you drive all the way alone or with someone for company

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks