Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 01:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms

It was two years living in NCR with my dear City and it really had given me a great time. Now since my “study” time is over , it was time to get relocated and this time it was to Bangalore. Even since I had started owning this car , it was a pure bliss to be with. Never did it complain for the way I had taken care of her. Nor did she cry when I was riding her hard. All along she faithful enough listening to my request and patiently fulfilling my thirst in every way it could. This more or less became a part of my life. I used to get up in the morning and on my way to the class I would go next to my car, spend some time looking at it. That was how I spend every day of my two years being with her and when it was time to part her,I just couldn’t do it. So I decided I to take her to Bengaluru knowing the fact that I am going to have a tough time with the RTO out there to drive it there and that was the reason for this grand trip. The trip I am never going to forget in my life time.
The whole Journey was amazing to say the least. I don’t want to write and bore you all. I will be short and sweet.
Total Distance covered : 3060
Time take :
Delhi - Udaipur 12 hrs
Udaipur - Mumbai 10 hrs
Mumbai - Belgaum 8hrs 30 minutes
Belgaum - Bangalore 6 hrs
Bangalore - Thrissur 7 hrs
Avg. Speed : 71 kmph

Avg.mileage : 14kmpl
Top speed : 170kmph
Most amazing stretch – Ahmedabad – Vadodara
Simply rocking ! Straight stretch – I didn’t try my top speed coz I didn’t wanna risk any engine trouble in between the journey as the temperature outside was really really hot.
I will let the picture do the rest of the narration.
Attached Thumbnails
Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6147.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6148.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-start.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-first-break.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-japanese-express-vs-rajastani-express.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-first-break-.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-breath-taking-scenery-part-i.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-breath-taking-scenery-part-ii.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5779.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5776.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6119.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6117.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6123.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6126.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6128.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6133.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6134.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-breath-taking-scenery-part-iii.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-breath-taking-scenery-part-iv.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-break-udaipur.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-machine.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6130.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6131.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6137.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6139.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6140.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-man-machine.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6143.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-route-map.jpg  

Last edited by maxbhp : 27th June 2010 at 01:21.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:40   #2
MX6
Senior - BHPian

If drive time wasn't a constraint, you could have tried the NH17 from Panvel till Thrissur. Are there more photos coming up?
Old 27th June 2010, 11:58   #3
BHPian

North to south, amazing. What all places you visited in Kerala?
Old 27th June 2010, 12:05   #4
BHPian

Great travelogue Maxbhp and most important thing is that you completed it safely.
It was a very wise decision for controlling your temptation and now overspeeding on the straight stretch. Good one and keep the photos coming. Nice photography too.
Are you from Thrissur, if so where?
Old 27th June 2010, 12:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

A real "leveler" of a drive after "stresser" of a study!
Do post more pics! The vehicle did hold on very well!
Old 27th June 2010, 12:35   #6
v&v
Senior - BHPian

nice start maxbhp. Good photos too. I am planning a similar trip to kerala in October.
Hooked up to your log.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey its a good thread. Do include the details of the hotels/food you stayed in and the amount you spent during this trip. It will be helpful to others who are planning to go in this stretch.
Old 27th June 2010, 13:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

More photos.....

The best moment of the whole trip was when I was listeneing to Bruce Sprinsteens's song further up on the road while travelling across Rajastan at around 6 . It was just amazing.

"Where the road is dark and the seed is sowed*
Where the gun is cocked and the bullet's cold
Where the miles are marked in blood and gold
I'll meet you further on up the road

Got on my dead man's suit and my smilin' skull ring**

My lucky graveyard boots and a song to sing**
I got a song to sing to keep me out of the cold
And I'll meet you further on up the road......"

I am uploading a few more photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-010520103018.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-010520103019.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5715.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5732.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5753.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5756.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5743.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5745.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5751.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5759.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5764.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5773.jpg  

Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_5780.jpg  

Old 27th June 2010, 18:39   #9
BHPian

Hey Maxbhp! Good travelogue. recognize the McD at Kolhapur, Jain temple outside Hubli, the Restaurant just before Chitradurga with the tele-tower and the windmills of chitradurga. (I may have some wrong). Brings back memories. Will be driving to Delhi soon and will need to pick your brains a little regarding routes past Mumbai upto Delhi. Looking forward to reading a more detailed account of your drive.

Manmohan.
Old 27th June 2010, 21:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

And I forgot to add my favorite photo

My favorite pic - All toll tickets lined up for a click. By the way you can see how worn out I was looking at the end of first day's drive . Thanks to the opposite traffic coming with headlights shooting at my poor eyes. Traffic from Gurgaon for the first 100 kms was bad. Lack of fly overs meant frequent traffic jams if a lorry has to take a U-Turn. Very poor start to the dream run of GQ.
Attached Thumbnails
Longest road trip of my life for present/past/future- Delhi - Kerala - 3060kms-img_6152.jpg  

Last edited by maxbhp : 27th June 2010 at 21:23.
Old 27th June 2010, 21:31   #11
BHPian

Maxbhp,

Great journey with a great machine. You were the only driver?

PS: You forgot to hide your car's registration no. in img_5773.jpg.
Old 27th June 2010, 21:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Maxbhp,

Great journey with a great machine. You were the only driver?

PS: You forgot to hide your car's registration no. in img_5773.jpg.
Yes , very personal about the car. Shucks ! the secret is out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmohanmaan View Post
Hey Maxbhp! Good travelogue. recognize the McD at Kolhapur, Jain temple outside Hubli, the Restaurant just before Chitradurga with the tele-tower and the windmills of chitradurga. (I may have some wrong). Brings back memories. Will be driving to Delhi soon and will need to pick your brains a little regarding routes past Mumbai upto Delhi. Looking forward to reading a more detailed account of your drive.

Manmohan.
No problem dude , You are gonna enjoy certain stretches and some are bad.

Last edited by bblost : 28th June 2010 at 15:42. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 27th June 2010, 22:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Awesome achievement. The average speed of 71kmph was an eye opener. I used to think 50kmps was what you could sanely do on Indian highways, what with all the distractions
Old 27th June 2010, 22:19   #14

That is a really looong drive you had. It is good to hear that you didn't give in to the temptations of speeding on clear tracts of the highway especially if you are a lone driver. The drive would have been a bit more comfortable and enjoyable if you did it in the monsoons. Looking forward to a more detailed excerpt on the journey? BTW how much was the total expense on the tolls for the journey?
Old 28th June 2010, 14:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Rao View Post
That is a really looong drive you had. It is good to hear that you didn't give in to the temptations of speeding on clear tracts of the highway especially if you are a lone driver. The drive would have been a bit more comfortable and enjoyable if you did it in the monsoons. Looking forward to a more detailed excerpt on the journey? BTW how much was the total expense on the tolls for the journey?
Near to round 2500 Rs.

Last edited by maxbhp : 28th June 2010 at 15:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks