Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2012, 07:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Around Anchetti

Sure, I'll do so once I'm back, on my way to Ooty now,
I see you have some good information about avalanche, emerald, parson and other western catchment lakes, I've 2 nights, want to do those lakes if possible, can you please pass me the information when you get chance!
Thanks.
Old 16th December 2012, 10:13   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Sure, I'll do so once I'm back, on my way to Ooty now,
I see you have some good information about avalanche, emerald, parson and other western catchment lakes, I've 2 nights, want to do those lakes if possible, can you please pass me the information when you get chance!
Thanks.
You can avalanche and emerald without any permits. You can drive to these places. The route goes via Fernhills
Palace and via Good Shepherd School. For Upper Bhavani, you need permits from the Electricity Board.

Last edited by ampere : 16th December 2012 at 10:15.
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice very nice Ketan! As per your log, I see that you did not take the regular Hunasanahalli-Anchetty road but something different.
From Hunasanahalli to Dabbagulleshwara temple, can you explain the road in detail and also from there to Biligundla.

Is it only a biking territory or a vehicle can go? Were there forest check posts?
It would also be great if you can post a GDB or GPX of the log.
Hi,

I was back from Ooty on Wednesday, but couldn't respond to this until now.
yes, I took a Dubgulli route from Hunasanahalli and not the Anchetti. About 9 kms (if I'm not wrong) from Hunasanahalli, there is an exit to an off-road trail, its just an ok trail not so challenging for bikes, that enters again into village route and a village and then back to the off road terrain all the way to the Cauvery riverbed where we halted for taking a dip and lunch, this is Hollakere Dubbaguleswara Temple. Immediately after the temple we took narrow right trail, this is the real fun to ride/drive, most of the route, I was watching if this can be done by a 4x4, I hope, I have not missed any points, but it seems most of it can be done by 4x4, I will still check with my friends who suggested this and confirm a 4x4 jeep can do this (except some places that I remember, where we entered into the rough terrain at a couple places where there was just enough place for a bike to go, but will check on this point and report it back here).
Do you need the file in gpx format? I can get you that, it should be same as the below link that I posted earlier as well. Sorry, I couldn't get the entire route due to device ran out of batteries but this has the important route info in it.
There seems to be a bit diff on the time on my camera and gps device so tagging of pictures is bit off, but the route should be useful.
http://adventures.garmin.com/by/ketan/anchetty-ride/
Ketan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 21:34   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that bad stretch is after Anchetty on the way to Biligundla . Denkanikottai-Anchetty is a beautiful road. About the road condition today; I dont know.
But I dont expect it to improve, because even then there were hardly vehicles on the road.
Thanks to ampere and mpksuhas for giving me all the required info, I did the Denkanikottai-anchetty-hogenakal route last weekend. Very scenic indeed. Could be more green during rainy season. The bad stretch between anchetty and Biligundla isn't that bad after all.

As ampere mentioned in another post, there are nice picnic spots along the cauvery river. I did find at few of those already littered, so it looks like people are discovering these places. I still managed to find one that was nice.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 12:51   #65
BHPian

Drove the less traveled circuit Bangalore(AECS Layout)-Varatur-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur-Denkanikottai-Anchetty-Natrapalayam-Billgundala-Hogenekkal-Billgundala-Natrapalayam-Anchetty-Thagatti-Hunasanahalli-Kodi Halli-Bekkuppe Cirle-Sangama- Bekkuppe Cirle-Kanakapura-Harohalli-Mahanthalingapura-Jigni-Chandapura-Dommasandra-Varatur-Bangalore(AECS Layout) yesterday. The route map is here: http://goo.gl/maps/20oqv. The plan was to avoid the normal National Highways and to take the less explored routes. Some photos are attached are here which shows the route condition. Nothing much to do in Hoggenakkal as per current water level. The water level was so high that there was no way to see the Waterfalls

Hosur to Denkanikottai route - The road condition is really nice. Excellent SH with beautiful scenery. The traffic was not much, but there were some vehicles from Bangalore to Hogenekkal as it is a Sunday.
Denkanikottai to Anchetty route - Good and scenic road. The ghat section as we approach Anchetty is really nice.
Anchetty to Natrampalayam route- Roads are average with a rough surface. Not much bad patches, no potholes, was able to maintain decent speeds. The scenery is really nice.
Natrapalayam to Billgundala route - The roads are really bad after Natrampalayam. There is a board which says ‘End of Denkanikotta Road Division’, and the road becomes really bad. I hope this board is placed there intentionally. The bad roads continue for exactly 4.5 kms. Once you reach the Forest/ghats section the road surface improves. After that the road is really good and recently laid till Hogenakkal.
Billgundala to Hogenekkal Route - Excellent road conditions. A little narrow. Need to be careful while giving side for other vehicles. Kaveri river flows parallel to this road. The places near the river bed are completely littered by ignorant tourists. We have seen lot of people doing cooking, boozing and doing all other nuisances for those who love nature.
Anchetty to Hunasanahalli route - The roads are ok. Not much bad sections. I was able to maintain 50-60 kmph on most of these sections. Nice scenery around. The roads become really nice as you enter Karnataka near Hunasanahalli. It lasts for about a kilometer. The road work is going on after that. It has a gravel surface which gives a bad ride. The road is like this for around one km till you reach Hunasanahalli town. After crossing the town, the roads are in the same condition and work is going on (for around 2-3 kms). Then the road becomes really good with recently re-laid surface.
Kodi halli to Bekkuppe Cirle to Sangama Route - This route is in good condition and scenic also.
Sangama to Kanakapura to Harohalli to Jigani Route -The Sangama-Kanakapura-Harohalli route is good. There are some bad sections as you approach Kanakapura town. The Kanakapura-Harohalli section is in great condition. It was a really pleasure driving this section. As you turn right from Harohalli town, it’s a mess for 1 km. The roads are not good for first 3-4 kms. Then it improves and becomes really good. It’s really scenic as you approach the state forest section near Bannergatta. The roads once again deteriorates as you reach near Jigani .From there onwards Jigani-Chandapura-Dommasandra-Varatur route is in good condition as usual. I will not recommend Harohalli-Jigni road to anyone as per current condition. It can be used if someone want to reach Jigni/Bommasandra/Electronic City on a Sunday evening when the traffic on Kanapura road becomes heavy. The road is completely deserted and lot of forks in between which may confuse us. So better to avoid this in night and if family is with you. Any other day NICE is the best option.

Hosur to Denkanikottai route - Beautiful roads
Around Anchetti-dsc07293.jpg
Hosur to Denkanikottai route - Lot of bikers from Bangalore towards Hogenakkal
Around Anchetti-dsc07298.jpg

Had breakfast from this small hotel in Denkanikottai. Clean, cheap and ok food
Around Anchetti-dsc07312.jpg

Denkanikottai to Anchetty route - Beautiful roads
Around Anchetti-dsc07317.jpg

Around Anchetti-dsc07318.jpg

Around Anchetti-dsc07324.jpg

Around Anchetti-dsc07325.jpg

Denkanikottai to Anchetty route - Stopped for a break just before Anchetty
Around Anchetti-dsc07346.jpg

Denkanikottai to Anchetty route - The forest section before Anchetty
Around Anchetti-dsc07387.jpg

Denkanikottai to Anchetty route - The forest section before Anchetty
Around Anchetti-dsc07408.jpg

Anchetty to Natrampalayam route – Good roads
Around Anchetti-dsc07410.jpg

Natrapalayam to Billgundala route - Bad section
Around Anchetti-dsc07418.jpg

Natrapalayam to Billgundala route - Bad section
Around Anchetti-dsc07434.jpg

Natrapalayam to Billgundala route - Roads becomes good after 4.5 kms exactly
Around Anchetti-dsc07443.jpg

Natrapalayam to Billgundala route - The surroundings become really green as you approach the Kaveri river
Around Anchetti-dsc07445.jpg

Natrapalayam to Billgundala route – The ghat section before Billgundala
Around Anchetti-dsc07452.jpg

Natrapalayam-Billgundala route. First glimpse of full-flowing Kaveri as seen from ghat section before Billgundala
Around Anchetti-dsc07459.jpg

Natrapalayam-Billgundala route. Beautiful hairpin bend
Around Anchetti-dsc07466.jpg

Billgundala to Hogenekkal Route - Kaveri river flows parallel to this road

Around Anchetti-dsc07496.jpg

Anchetty to Hunasanahalli route – Good roads

Around Anchetti-dsc07504.jpg

Anchetty to Hunasanahalli route – Good roads

Around Anchetti-dsc07515.jpg

Anchetty to Hunasanahalli route – An uprooted tree on the way

Around Anchetti-dsc07523.jpg

Anchetty to Hunasanahalli route – Roads as you enter Karnataka
Around Anchetti-dsc07546.jpg

Anchetty to Hunasanahalli route -Work in progress section
Around Anchetti-dsc07552.jpg

Anchetty to Hunasanahalli route – Hunasanahalli town
Around Anchetti-dsc07553.jpg

Hunasanahalli to Kodi halli route – Excellent roads, recently laid
Around Anchetti-dsc07556.jpg

This is the river Kaveri as seen at Sangama
Around Anchetti-dsc07566.jpg

This is the river Kaveri as seen at Sangama
Around Anchetti-dsc07587.jpg

Harohalli to Jigani Route - Excellent roads
Around Anchetti-dsc07591.jpg

Harohalli to Jigani Route - Excellent roads
Around Anchetti-dsc07592.jpg

Recorded the trip through My Tracks app in my Android phone. The app got crashed in between and so the trip was captured in two files.
File 1: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B25K...it?usp=sharing
File 2: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B25K...it?usp=sharing
I usually prepare a spreadsheet with the major deviations in the route with the help of Google maps. It’s available here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B25K...it?usp=sharing
denver85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 14:37   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Drove the less traveled circuit Bangalore(AECS Layout)-Varatur-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur-Denkanikottai-Anchetty-Natrapalayam-Billgundala-Hogenekkal-Billgundala-Natrapalayam-Anchetty-Thagatti-Hunasanahalli-Kodi Halli-Bekkuppe Cirle-Sangama- Bekkuppe Cirle-Kanakapura-Harohalli-Mahanthalingapura-Jigni-Chandapura-Dommasandra-Varatur-Bangalore(AECS Layout) yesterday.
Wow! You covered all in one shot! We covered it piece by piece. Sunrise on both these stretches are beautiful and worth savouring.

Seeing Cauvery in that flow is a treat! Still I see less greenery ? Did you feel the same? Of course not like western ghats, but I expected more greenery.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 15:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! You covered all in one shot! We covered it piece by piece. Sunrise on both these stretches are beautiful and worth savouring.

Seeing Cauvery in that flow is a treat! Still I see less greenery ? Did you feel the same? Of course not like western ghats, but I expected more greenery.
Yeah true. I also expected better greenery. But it was not. Green only on the forest sections. It felt pretty hot and dry in Anchetty (10 AM) and Hogenakkal (11 AM-12 noon) and the outside temperature was shown around 30-33 C in these places. Hope the nice Bangalore weather has reduced the capacity to bear heat
I hope it will be better after it starts raining in these sections when northeast monsoon begins in September-October.
Old 5th August 2013, 16:33   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
If you have read books by the good old Bangalore hunter tuned conservationist Kenneth Anderson (KA), you will see that forest in and around Anchetti are detailed during his expeditions
The exact thought that came to my mind. Kenneth Anderson's stomping grounds.
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 00:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Drove the less traveled circuit Bangalore(AECS Layout)-Varatur-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur-Denkanikottai-Anchetty-Natrapalayam-Billgundala-Hogenekkal
Just what i am looking for. Thank you. Planning to go there on X Mas day with some of my visiting family. Anybody has more recent updates on the road conditions? Any idea what is the current per head rate on the round boat ride?
Old 25th November 2013, 11:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Just what i am looking for. Thank you. Planning to go there on X Mas day with some of my visiting family. Anybody has more recent updates on the road conditions? Any idea what is the current per head rate on the round boat ride?
I have done this route latest on September 8. The roads were almost the same condition comparing to my above post. Only bad section was the 4.5 kms between Natrapalayam and Billgundala.
During this visit we went to both KA and TN side of the Hogenakkal falls. We took a Coral ride from KA side and it was around 800 rs for 5 people(150 per head+50 tip for our boatman).
denver85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 16:46   #71

Quote:
I have done this route latest on September 8. The roads were almost the same condition comparing to my above post. Only bad section was the 4.5 kms between Natrapalayam and Billgundala.
During this visit we went to both KA and TN side of the Hogenakkal falls. We took a Coral ride from KA side and it was around 800 rs for 5 people(150 per head+50 tip for our boatman).
Depends on how much people bargain.. Remember we were quoted Rs.200 per person initially and then we tried a bargain.
Also, the coral ride was only to TN side falls, did not take us on the other side of the stream.
GaadiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 17:16   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaadiWala View Post
Depends on how much people bargain.. Remember we were quoted Rs.200 per person initially and then we tried a bargain.
Also, the coral ride was only to TN side falls, did not take us on the other side of the stream.
We did not take the Coral ride from TN side. We were on a explore mode on that day, first we reached the TN side and did not stop there as it was crowded. Then we drove through Mettur, Gopinattam(Veerappan's hometown) to reach the other side of the river(http://goo.gl/maps/wGKNz) and then took the Coral ride from there.
Old 25th November 2013, 17:17   #73

Quote:
We did not take the Coral ride from TN side. We were on a explore mode on that day, first we reached the TN side and did not stop there as it was crowded. Then we drove through Mettur, Gopinattam(Veerappan's hometown) to reach the other side of the river(http://goo.gl/maps/wGKNz) and then took the Coral ride from there.
I know. I know..
I was along with you on that trip
GaadiWala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 12:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys, I have been to the Anchetty ride but didn't update here.
It was a wonderful ride, I took Kanakpura > Kodihalli > Hosnahalli > Dabbaguleswara temple > Anchetty forest > Hosur > Bangalore.

I started late in the morning, couldn't be in time at the meeting point (Nice road jn, Kanakapura rd), reached there almost one hour late, got the bike tanked up and started thinking if I follow the route, I can catch these guys. I started a little after 7.30am from Nice road jn, the road wasn't much crowded, crossed Kanakapura and took the Kodihalli direction and followed the route (left towards the bridge) to Hosnahalli, very quiet, not much traffic and it was fun riding those country roads. Reached Hosnahalli and was asking folks about the route to Dabbguleswar route, A hardware shop guy stops me and suggests not to go alone in that direction, I read/heard its forest area and sightings are common, I was a bit demoralized since I haven't been able to catch up with the group. The shop guys gets me tea and 'tindi' the breakfast was really good, I somehow ensured that I pay for my breakfast (he already paid for tea), he also seems to be interested joining our adventure! I was getting a bit uncomfortable, I have almost spent 30-40 minutes, I would have reached somewhere if this guy hasn't stopped me. I could somehow contact my group folks, they called me back when they stopped somewhere, they said they are not too far from Hosnahalli, about 8-9 kms from that place and I can catch up with them before they take an exit to the off-road adventure at that place. This new friend of mine at Hosnahalli, says he will come with me (on his bike) and asking me if I need to get the lunch packed, beer or anything!! I said thanks, I want to start moving as fast as possible, he goes home to get something, asked me to wait, comes back again goes somewhere and finally we started. We could make it to the place where others are waiting for me in about 15 minutes or so. I joined the gang and the new friend continues towards a town ahead. I thanked folks for waiting and we started, from this pt. onward, we don't have tarred road and we are riding off-road for a while, enters a town enters another off the road route again, overall it was kind of ok for Enfield, we didn't feel it was any sort of challenging.
We reached the bank of the river at Dabbaguleswar temple, halted there for few hours, interested folks had a dip in the water, I wish I could and try my free style tricks here, but wasn't carrying clothes and not many were going so decided to stay at the bank and take some pictures.
We started from that point after finishing packed lunch and then moved into the Anchetty forest route, this is something we can call real off-road, it was really good, some of the points/stretches are really challenging, reminded me my ride to Kodachaddri uphills, some of the places where its not easy to stop the bike, it may start skidding backward and it was really getting difficult to balance the traction in that loose gravel and speed, we had to wait a couple of times for others to catch up, later crossed a stream and back to the plains. It was really wonderful experience. I would love to go ride that route again.
I tried to capture it, but not completely, here is the some part of it.
http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/b.../#.UMyfQti6Z2Y
Sorry to revive the very old thread, but again not interested to start the new one for the same topic. We just had a similar trip on 01/11/14. The route and the route conditions are below,

We have done this route in the opposite direction i.e from Anchetti to Hunasinahally thru Dabbaguli. The route we have taken is Hosur - Denkanikotta - Anchetty - Urigam - Kottaiyur - Dabbaguli - Hunasanahalli - Jawalagiri - Thally - Hosur. Total distance was 190kms. The machines are 1) RE Classic 350, 2) Yamaha FZS & 3) TVS Apache. 6persons and started from Hosur by 9 in the morning and reached back to Hosur by 7 in the evening.

1) The route from Hosur to Anchetty is discussed several times here. No nothing special about it. Don't miss the view of Water Falls in the Hair pin bend before Anchetty.
2) After Anchetty go towards Urigam direction and on the TN/KA border taken left for urigam. Ghat section starts from here. Couple of hair pin bends on the entry to the ghat and exit to the ghat aswell. After the Ghat you get Urigam village.
3) After Urigam continue the same route and you get Kottaiyur. Till this village buses fly from Anchetty. After this village the road continues as typical narrow village roads where only a tractor can go at a time. After couple of kms You will get Forest office cum guest house at the entry point of the forest.
4) From here exactly 8 kms to the cauvery river and 16 kms to the dabbguli. After 2 kms you will need to cross a small stream. Bikes can do. From crossing the stream fun starts, Pure 4x4 area, Narrow loose gravel path with lots of hair pin bends. 600MSL at this point and gradually the descent starts. Rain water flow spoiled one side and only you can use 3 ft path and remaining 3 ft spoiled with 1 ft ruts. Most of the distance we covered by walking and even rider alone felt difficult to cross the stretch. After 6 Kms you will end up in Cauvery river and forest camp on the left side. 300 MSL at this point.
5) From here to Dabbaguli is another 8 kms. You will be riding parallel to the river with lots of ups and downs. From 300 MSL to 550 MSL at some points. Path continues same as the last 8 kms. Again Pure 4x4 area, Narrow loose gravel path with lots of hair pin bends. End point is somewhat 350 MSL.
6) Dabbaguleswara Temple is old Shiva temple with some other temples in the same place. A mantapa is available to stay over night and cook if you are prepared. Apart from this a anti poaching forest camp is situated. Then the river bed, fast flow in the middle and very slow movement in the banks. Nice place to have play.
7) Have seen swift, i20, sumo and a indica at the river bed. So we got confident that the other way route can be somewhat pleasant.
8) After spending 45 minutes on the river bed we started towards hunasanahalli. The first few kilo meters are of the great ascent and from 350 MSL to 600 MSL but the roads are somewhat okay when campared to the one we crossed the other side. After some 5 kms you will see a tar road starts. From here till TN/KA border the tar road continues. Then the Forest road starts. Another 5 - 6 kms till you reach the tar road and take right here. Another 15 kms to reach Hunasanahalli junction.
9) At the junction take left towards kodihalli and after 500 mtrs take right to Jawalagiri road. Again you will be going in side the forest. At Gattigunda village take right towards Jawalagiri. 3 kms before TN/KA border is bad and once you hit TN border the roads are good.
10) From Jawalagiri to Thally and Hosur are well laid roads.
11) There was no sighting and heard from the forest camp that the elephants are migrated to the Gulhatty RF and Perandapally RF.

Dabbaguleshwara temple is a nice place to visit and to stay over night at the river bed. No basic amenities available at the place, not even a small shop. So all the required are to be organised with ourself. As per the fishermen, there are crocs present in the river, although there was no incidents reported.

Lets the picture talks...
Attached Thumbnails
Around Anchetti-001.jpg  

Around Anchetti-002.jpg  

Around Anchetti-003.jpg  

Around Anchetti-004.jpg  

Around Anchetti-005.jpg  

Around Anchetti-006.jpg  

Around Anchetti-007.jpg  

Around Anchetti-008.jpg  

Around Anchetti-009.jpg  

Around Anchetti-010.jpg  

Ramp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 13:04   #75
BHPian

2 more pictures from the last continued. Was wondering how the Low GC i20 survived till there and how he will take it back...
Attached Thumbnails
Around Anchetti-011.jpg  

Around Anchetti-012.jpg  

Ramp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks