Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 12:45   #181
BHPian

Hello laluks, it was a very nice travelogue. Thank you for sharing.
Waiting for Wagamon, Gavi part of ir. :(

Last edited by MadRash : 15th October 2010 at 12:52.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:35   #182
Team-BHP Support

Laluks ! What happened? Story telling at an end?
Waiting for the rest.
Old 21st October 2010, 23:41   #183
BHPian

All this time I didn't comment on this thread as I didn't want to get an infraction for one liners. But this wait is too much for the likes of me. Finish the Gavi & Wagamon part quickly, man. Ah! that is three lines, I am saved.
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:19   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hello laluks, it was a very nice travelogue. Thank you for sharing.
Waiting for Wagamon, Gavi part of ir. :(
Thanks MadRash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Laluks ! What happened? Story telling at an end?
Waiting for the rest.
ampere, I'll try and put up some parts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
All this time I didn't comment on this thread as I didn't want to get an infraction for one liners. But this wait is too much for the likes of me. Finish the Gavi & Wagamon part quickly, man. Ah! that is three lines, I am saved.
Nutty, you know how busy I am over the weekends .
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:23   #185
Senior - BHPian

Laluks,

Fantastic travelogue! Would like to visit these areas someday.

Just a few words of caution (please take them in the right spirit - I too have a young daughter, and wanted to reach out after seeing your daughters' pictures):

Sloth bears can get extremely aggressive (usually they run away, but they are very moody, and their behaviour can't be predicted), and can take one's face off with one swipe. I was a bit nervous to read about your trek with the kids. Also, I have heard cases of guides running away when faced by a charging elephant or a gaur. You might want to be think again before doing a trek with kids in a forest with elephants and bear (tigers/leopards will seldom do anything, on the other hand).

People who have stayed in the jungles their whole lives, say that they only are afraid of these 3: elephant, angry bear, and a provoked wild boar (the ones that hang around habitation are mild and used to human presence).

Also, it is a good idea to wear trekking or high ankle boots when trekking (most snake attacks happen on the foot or on the ankle) I noticed that you guys were wearing chappals. Thankfully everything went fine, and you had a lovely time - but you know, it helps to be prepared and to mitigate risk.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:51   #186
Team-BHP Support

Going by the dates, looks like it was indeed your Civic which crossed me somewhere around Hosur-Krishnagiri on the highway. I was in front of you, but seeing someone who wanted to go faster, i moved away from the fast lane, and let you pass. I was behind your car for a while, and even flashed the highbeam a couple of times seeing the LCLC sticker, but didnt overdo it so as not to irritate.

I was on my Ikon, and was driving down to Mundakkayam.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:50   #187
Senior - BHPian

@nilanjanray - points taken. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Going by the dates, looks like it was indeed your Civic which crossed me somewhere around Hosur-Krishnagiri on the highway. I was in front of you, but seeing someone who wanted to go faster, i moved away from the fast lane, and let you pass. I was behind your car for a while, and even flashed the highbeam a couple of times seeing the LCLC sticker, but didnt overdo it so as not to irritate.

I was on my Ikon, and was driving down to Mundakkayam.
It must be then by 00:30 - 01:30 AM on 20.08.2010, since I started around 23:30 on 19.08.2010.

Thanks that you did not overdo with the lighting, I some how feels very different when some one does that too often.

Mundakkayam bus stand we cannot forget. Near to the bus stand there is a restaurant in a shopping complex which gave me real Kerala Parathas and Beef curry, Biriyanis etc... It was so tasty (can consider the longingness to eat Keral food) thatI made a goof up to go back to Mundakkayam again by purposefully taking a different route. Sadly I dont remember the name of the place.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:55   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
It must be then by 00:30 - 01:30 AM on 20.08.2010, since I started around 23:30 on 19.08.2010.

Thanks that you did not overdo with the lighting, I some how feels very different when some one does that too often.
I was referring to early morning on the 15th (Friday), around 3AM. That wasnt you?!
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:08   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I was referring to early morning on the 15th (Friday), around 3AM. That wasnt you?!
Oh! the last friday 15.10.2010 around 03:00 AM. Yes it was me. I was off to Poovar
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:08   #190
Senior - BHPian

Should thank MadRash for giving some life to this thread.I thought Lalu had killed and buried this TL. Your off to Kaas, Goa and Poovar - and you dont have time to continue this thread!! This is just unfair
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:59   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
seeing someone who wanted to go faster, i moved away from the fast lane, and let you pass.
Benny "that" someone just got faster as of this week, next time Lalu will fly past faster I suppose, reason is he's got new footwear.
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:04   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Should thank MadRash for giving some life to this thread.I thought Lalu had killed and buried this TL. Your off to Kaas, Goa and Poovar - and you dont have time to continue this thread!! This is just unfair
Let me travel sir, I'll update the log for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Benny "that" someone just got faster as of this week, next time Lalu will fly past faster I suppose, reason is he's got new footwear.
I am already loving the new shoes for Civvy. Thanks a ton for the patient shoe shopping for me yesterday. Hope I have not shocked the shoe shop with my so innocent requirements.
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:37   #193
Senior - BHPian

What brand & model of tyres did you get for the Civic. Let us see a snap or two of your steed's new rubber.
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:43   #194
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Reading about the new shoes of KS and windowshopping for the same with Khoj and Anilisanil has me smitten now. And the 4th puncture on my current set has got me rankled enough.
I'm on the saving mode. Come december, I should have new rubber. Alloys a little later.
Waiting for photos of your civving around in new shoes and the famous ppgs.
Old 23rd October 2010, 18:04   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I would need atleast a week before I could find some time to continue.
Saar, I've waited more than month now, Vagamon log please. Would like to see what I missed out Tks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks