Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2010, 14:19   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Excellent travelogue addy. The pictures are fantastic. I am taking a German colleague to Kudremukha next weekend. We have planned to stay in silent valley resort or at Upasana homestay. Apart from Hanumagundi falls and the Dam, are there any other places worth visiting? We are planning a visit to Sringeri and Horanadu temples? DO these temples allow foreigners?
There is a place called Gangamoola, which is the birthplace of the Tunga, Bhadra and Nethravathi rivers. But, you may have to walk a bit to reach this place. Other than this there are only trekking trails. I really do not know whether they allow foreigners in the temples. Maybe someone visits these temples regularly could throw some light on it.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:00   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Excellent travelogue addy. The pictures are fantastic. I am taking a German colleague to Kudremukha next weekend. We have planned to stay in silent valley resort or at Upasana homestay. Apart from Hanumagundi falls and the Dam, are there any other places worth visiting? We are planning a visit to Sringeri and Horanadu temples? DO these temples allow foreigners?

@MCR : Sorry for butting in !! Maybe you can call the ( nos given below) the Temple authorities of both Horanadu & Sringeri and check with them :

Horanadu : 08263-274614, 08263-269714
Sringeri : 08265-258265, 08265-250131

Have a nice trip !!
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:28   #123
Senior - BHPian

Re: Experiencing the Monsoon - On the Horse Face and on top of KA - A Trekkalog

I missed the last part of the travelogue. Galikere looks interesting and would be marking for next visit there. That whole Baba Budan/Chicmagalur area turns magical after the rains.
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:13   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I missed the last part of the travelogue. Galikere looks interesting and would be marking for next visit there. That whole Baba Budan/Chicmagalur area turns magical after the rains.
Galikere is an interesting spot. It is covered by hills on three sides and is open on the 4th side. This makes it prone to extreme winds. Hence the name.

The whole of Western ghats transforms after the rains. I always say, if you want to visit the western ghats, go only during the rains. But, I guess photographers won't like it as it will be pouring all the time
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:53   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Galikere is an interesting spot. It is covered by hills on three sides and is open on the 4th side. This makes it prone to extreme winds. Hence the name.

The whole of Western ghats transforms after the rains. I always say, if you want to visit the western ghats, go only during the rains. But, I guess photographers won't like it as it will be pouring all the time
He he yeah, me too tell the same thing to my friends but with a little twist, i.e. just after the rains.
You're kind of true to some extent regarding photographers but not entirely. But I love the rains and sometimes it doesn't matter whether I would be able to make a photograph or not, I would just head into the rains. Everything looks so fresh and so green and so dramatic that probably you'll end up having your best shot while it's raining.
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
He he yeah, me too tell the same thing to my friends but with a little twist, i.e. just after the rains.
You're kind of true to some extent regarding photographers but not entirely. But I love the rains and sometimes it doesn't matter whether I would be able to make a photograph or not, I would just head into the rains. Everything looks so fresh and so green and so dramatic that probably you'll end up having your best shot while it's raining.
Actually, I meant that the photographers would not like it since they could get their equipment wet. Yep, I agree that rain is one of the most beautiful themes a photographer can think of.

Hopefully, I'll be heading out this monsoon too :fingers crossed:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks