Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 12:18   #16
BHPian

Nice photos. Hope to see more. I liked the owl one especially. Which camera do you have ?
Old 18th November 2010, 11:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Amazing pictures mate. Are you a professional nature photographer? Plus you seem to know all the names or are they courtesy Mehboob?
Thanks. No, I am not a professional photographer rather just a hobbyist with a passion for nature photography esp birds. Sorry people for not updating the thread regularly..getting caught up at work.

Anway, posting pics of a fairly rare bird which I managed to see in the Rann.

Its the Houbara or the Macqueen's bustard. The pictures aren't that sharp or great but just posting it for all the birding fans out there.
Attached Thumbnails
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1468.jpg  

The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1484.jpg  

The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1488.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2010, 14:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

robin those are some brilliant bird captures that you have posted here. No landscapes as yet ?
Old 18th November 2010, 17:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
robin those are some brilliant bird captures that you have posted here. No landscapes as yet ?
Thanks RJ..well I was mostly carrying a telephoto lens hence shot very few landscapes. I did post a couple in my very first post. I didnt want to take the risk of changing lenses in such a dusty environment as the rann.
Old 18th November 2010, 21:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

The Mcqueens bustard shot is impressive. Lovely shot. Hope to see it when i visit LRK.
Old 20th November 2010, 14:55   #21
BHPian

Hi Rob,

Really amazing pics you got here. Each and every pic is awesome. Really liked the pics wherein the bird are in flight. Just amazing mate. Waiting for more. Bring it on.
Old 20th November 2010, 22:19   #22

Incredible Photography...What camera do you use? Polarizer and Filters along with lenses as well??
Old 20th November 2010, 22:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot everyone.

As for the resort where I stayed, it called Desert Coursers, Zainabad. I didn't shoot many pictures there so I'll share the only pics I have of the resort.

The dining area of the resort
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1327.jpg

The cottage where I stayed
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1326.jpg

A pic showing how the locals walk miles across the vast open Rann..I can't imagine how they are able to find their way though.
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1515.jpg

At night I went out with the owner of the resort searching for the Skykes's Nightjar. It was an awesome experience looking around in the vast Rann for such a small bird. Finally when we did find it, I got down from the jeep and approached the bird cautiously while Mr.Dhanraj shone a big halogen light on the bird to keep it somewhat stunned. When I finally took the picture, I was actually lying flat on the ground inches from the bird.

The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1821.jpg

The next morning I went to a nearby lake hoping to catch some water birds. It was a beautiful morning with great light and on our way to the lake I saw numerous bee eaters, wagtails etc.

Egret with side light
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2258.jpg

Citrine wagtail
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2269.jpg

Green Bee Eaters
Name:  IMG_1954.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  256.4 KB

White Breasted KF
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1622.jpg

White Breasted KF in flight
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2236.jpg

A dragonfly
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1960.jpg

Yellow wattled lapwing
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_1545.jpg
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2010, 03:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Exquisite pictures.. love all of them ...
Old 21st November 2010, 13:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pictures!
What lens ?
Old 21st November 2010, 17:07   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Fantastic pictures!
What lens ?
Used a canon 400 f5.6 L and a 24-105 f4 L

Thanks hellstar
Old 25th November 2010, 21:14   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the late post!

Just wanted to share some more pics from my Gujarat trip.

Early morning..
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2369.jpg

Some guys will always have a difference in opinion
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2318.jpg

The lonely tree
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2001.jpg

Reflection!
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2291rsz.jpg

The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2285.jpg

The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2302.jpg

Purple heron take off
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2198.jpg

Black Ibis
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2167.jpg

Glossy Ibis
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2208.jpg

Godwit
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue-img_2212.jpg
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2010, 10:06   #28
BHPian

Difference in Opinion is very good, nice caption I should add . Early morning picture is also very good.
Old 26th November 2010, 14:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

beautiful pics.. esp the one with reflections and the heron takin off.... amazin moments captured..
Old 26th November 2010, 16:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Sorry for the late post!

Just wanted to share some more pics from my Gujarat trip.
Well mate, your pics grant you instant pardon!

Seriously, amazing shots. That bird in img_2302 seems to be bamboozled by its own reflection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks