Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 10:26   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
...at Pushkar they say that this is the only Bramha temple on earth...
A quick search gets us this (Brahma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Quote:
India has very few temples dedicated to Brahmā, as opposed to the tens of thousands of temples dedicated to the other two deities in the Trimurti (Vishnu and Shiva). Among the few that exist today, the most famous is the temple in Pushkar in Rajasthan. Others include one in Thirunavaya in Kerala; one in the temple town of Kumbakonam, (Thanjavur District) in Tamil Nadu; another in Kodumudi, Erode district, Tamil Nadu; Nerur village in Kudal taluka of Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra ; one in Asotra village in Balotra taluka of Barmer district in Rajasthan known as Kheteshwara Brahmadham Tirtha; one in Brahmā-Karmali village in Sattari Taluka in Goa; one in Khedbrahma in Gujarat;two temples in Orissa namely Bindusagar and another in Niali Brahma Temple dating to medieval period; and one in the village of Khokhan in the Kullu Valley, 4 km from Bhuntar. Regular pujas are held for Lord Brahmā at the temple in Thirunavaya, and during Navaratri the temple comes to life with colourful festivities. Another temple for Lord Brahmā, Sri Brahmapureeswarar Temple is located at Thirupattur, near Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, South India. The idol of Lord Brahma is fully covered with turmeric everyday morning.
However, my favourite at Pushkar are the malpuas...

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-malpua.jpg
Old 11th January 2011, 12:13   #17
BHPian

Re: Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisa

Great pics mate! Especially of the dry lake bed, the birdies & the panorama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The first thing I do after coming to office is open this page of the log and now have to run to the cafeteria!
Old 11th January 2011, 13:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Wikipedia is one great resource. Thanks for the lookup link.

Yummyyyyy malpuas!!
Old 11th January 2011, 15:14   #19
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohsinRoadster View Post
Your car in the 2nd pic looks beautiful on the white sand ..
Thanks. Monotone photos make it to standout.

Quote:
Although at Pushkar they say that this is the only Bramha temple on earth - and they tell you a lovely story on why - I recently was viewing some documentary on Discovery and came to know that there is another Bramha temple in South east Asia - Indonesia(?). Also near Ajeetgarh (Sikar Dist) there is a Triveni Dham where there is a Bramha temple. Any one who can confirm this last?
Doc has listed almost all Brahma temple in India and as per my knowledger I think after Pushkar, the next popular Brahma temple is
Sri Brahmapureeswarar Temple - BRAHMA Temple In INDIA, Tirupattur, TRICHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Seems you had a blast.

The panorama is wonderful. Somehow, my plans of visiting Rajasthan never materializes. Hope it does in 2011

Will it be possible for you to name the pictures in-line about the location?
Thanks mjothi. I tried not to mix photos of different places. The first series were of Ajmer Dargah, Second Series were of Anna Sagar lake/Garden Ajmer and the last set were of Pushkar temple area and the panawas shot from Gau Ghat. i was told there are around 52 ghats and more than 400 temples in pushkar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
A quick search gets us this (Brahma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Attachment 481465
Yes doc. maupuas were ultimate. infact i was too busy eating than shooting.
I also liked the malpuas at Haridwar - Mohan Sweets. Here the first time i had malpuas and also their puri , chole and halua. Yammy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Great pics mate! Especially of the dry lake bed, the birdies & the panorama.

The first thing I do after coming to office is open this page of the log and now have to run to the cafeteria!
Thanks lordofgondor. Lake was a treat to shoot. Had it been little sunny i would have been fantastic.

Couple more pana shots

Pushkar Lake - Extended pana
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-20110104152644.jpg

Ajmer city view from ghats while returning from Pushkar
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-20110104180731.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 11th January 2011 at 15:20.
Old 11th January 2011, 16:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Yes doc. maupuas were ultimate. infact i was too busy eating than shooting.
I also liked the malpuas at Haridwar - Mohan Sweets. Here the first time i had malpuas and also their puri , chole and halua. Yammy...
I don't know why but suddenly the lunch seems to be fully digested and hunger pangs are thundering in. I guess I'll have to make a pit stop at Haldirams on the way back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Lake was a treat to shoot. Had it been little sunny i would have been fantastic.

Couple more pana shots
The fog is giving a certain level of mystique to the place, making it look all the more interesting.

BTW, in the "Ajmer city view from ghats while returning from Pushkar" pic, did you give up erasing those power lines or what!
Old 11th January 2011, 22:08   #21
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
I don't know why but suddenly the lunch seems to be fully digested and hunger pangs are thundering in. I guess I'll have to make a pit stop at Haldirams on the way back home.

The fog is giving a certain level of mystique to the place, making it look all the more interesting.

BTW, in the "Ajmer city view from ghats while returning from Pushkar" pic, did you give up erasing those power lines or what!
With fog, wide angle long shots are not possible.
The Ajmer city shot is a mini pana, 2 frame. that distortion might be due to low light condition.
Old 12th January 2011, 08:32   #22
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Day - 3 5th Jan
Checked out from Hotel Khadim Ajmer by 10 am and next target destination was Osian near Jodhpur which is about 65 kms away.
Route planned - Ajmer - Beawar - (Nh14) - Barr - Nh-112 - Jodhpur - Mandor Road (Nh65) - Umednagar - Osian - Thar Camp

Exit from ajmer city has a major diversion as the flyover is closed.
Ajmer - Beawar - Road widening is in progress, Road condition is bad.
Beawar - Bypass to is in bad condition.
Went through beawar city and taken NH14 till barr. NH14 is in good condition. Reached Jodhpur by 2 pm and Osian by 3.15 pm.

Ajmer to Nh8 - Diversion
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9649.jpg

Some where between Beawar and Barr
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0043.jpg
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-201101051211061.jpg

Osian - Thar Camp

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-20110105165105.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0069.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0072.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0078.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9706.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0083.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0085.jpg

About Osian - is small town, near jodhpur popular for Osian mata mandir/Sanchi mata mandir and Sand dunes. There 4 to 5 camps around osian, primarily visited by foreigner. I got booking through Club Mahnidra. Standard tariff is Rs 7500/- per couple per night inclusive of all meals. Camel and Jeep safari charges are extra. Accommodation is Excellent but services and food quality is average and limited availability.

We planned to rest and stroll around for the day.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Taking some back roads route like Ajmer-Pushkar-Merta-Asop-Gagani-Osiyan would have been interesting as well as safer option. I consider the Kishangarh-Ajmer-Beawer-Pali stretch avoidable at all costs as it is highly unsafe given the volume of traffic it handles.

If only this was my office!!!

Last edited by sudev : 12th January 2011 at 11:02.
Old 12th January 2011, 16:45   #24
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking some back roads route like Ajmer-Pushkar-Merta-Asop-Gagani-Osiyan would have been interesting as well as safer option. I consider the Kishangarh-Ajmer-Beawer-Pali stretch avoidable at all costs as it is highly unsafe given the volume of traffic it handles.

If only this was my office!!!
Nice one. By the by the tent at center was for morning tea distribution to all occupants. Every body had to pick the tea from there. it was chilly and windy even at 8 am.

Sudev i took a detour from Barr. Didnt go all the way till pali. Burr - Jodhpur is fantastic to drive. We could consistantly maintain 120+.

The route from Metra-Gagni can you enlighten more on it. Seem interesting.
Rajasthan is addictive may be next time.

Last edited by v&v : 12th January 2011 at 16:48.
Old 12th January 2011, 19:03   #25
v&v
Senior - BHPian

More about Osian. Day was pretty warm. May be 18 - 22 degrees. 11am to 4.30 pm one doesn't need heavy woolens. As night falls, it becomes windy and very cold. By 6 pm we all were confined with in the tent. By 7pm traditional rajasthani flock songs and dance started.

Bone-fire was virtually ineffective. We went to the program with came back due to the chilly weather. Dinner was served by 8.30 pm. it was very difficult with kids at Open restaurant. We 4 were freezed and some how finished the dinner and all hopped back to the tent.

Some of shots of Camp thar.

Shot of our tent no 14
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0158.jpg

View of open restaurant area.
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0159.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0160.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9701.jpg

Bone-fire and flock song in progress.

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0088.jpg
Old 13th January 2011, 08:19   #26
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Day - 4, 6th jan

Got up late so missed the sun rise view. Planned to vist sand dues, which is around 6 kms from our camp. Visit Wind mill turbines on route to Osian-Nagaur road. Noon Visit Osian mata mandir and finally sun set view.

Sand Dunes
In order to find proper sand dunes , one has to travel though kacha roads, SUV / JEEP required, 4 X 4 preferable, a little error you are stuck.(We got royally stuck in the evening when visited for sun set view).

Hotel guys were insisting to take there Jeep as they were advising against taking safari. We all decided against it and took our beast to the dunes. We traveled through sandy tracks maintaining a constant momentum. The tracks were barely drivable, after enquiring with villagers, they guided the way to dunes. Villagers were helpful, but little difficult to understand the accent. Finally after 40 minutes drive we reached the destination.

Parked the safari before dunes and we walked to it. Spend around 2 hours. Kids enjoyed most. Few snaps

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0102.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0107.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0119.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9674.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9675.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9678.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9680.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9691.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9685.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_9677.jpg
Old 13th January 2011, 09:50   #27
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Pana shots from dunes.
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-20110106112826.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-20110106111224.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0122.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0126.jpg
Old 13th January 2011, 11:36   #28
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Vist Wind Mill near Osian

There are 170 ft tall mills around 12 kms from the camp. Kids were very interested to see.
These were really very huge. I had a interaction with the engineer. The osian town is be lighted by these mills.

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0157.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0155.jpg

Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0149.jpg

This shot shows the size. Kids and Safari.
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0150.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 13th January 2011 at 11:43.
Old 13th January 2011, 13:01   #29
BHPian

Panoramic shots are excellent!
Can any help me to identify highlighted vehicle?
Is it modified gypsy with 3 rows?

Apologies for going out of topic; but not able to resist myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0211.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th January 2011 at 13:23. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 13th January 2011, 16:13   #30
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Panoramic shots are excellent!
Can any help me to identify highlighted vehicle?
Is it modified gypsy with 3 rows?

Apologies for going out of topic; but not able to resist myself.
Thanks
Yap , you have identified it rightly , its a modified gypsy. These type of vehicles are common in these area.
Yet another Rajasthan trip - Sambhar lake, Ajmer, Pushkar, Osian (Jodhpur), Jaisalmer-img_0211.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 13th January 2011 at 16:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks