Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2011, 21:32   #1
BHPian

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)

Here are some introductury pictures. Will post up more soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-233.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-410.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-418.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-506.jpg  

Last edited by Wanderer78 : 9th January 2011 at 21:39.
Wanderer78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2011, 10:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)

Route Taken -
1) Mumbai - Pune - Aurangabad -Sindakhed Raja - Malegaon - Mehekar - Wardha - Nagpur

2) Nagpur - Ramtek - Pench - Rukkhad - Seoni - Jabalpur - Bhedaghat

3) Bhedaghat - Jabalpur - Katni - Bandhavgarh

4) Bandhavgarh - Umaria - Katni bypass - Jabalpur - Bargi Dam (30 kms from Jabalpur)

5) Bargi - Ramtek- Nagpur - Amravati - Shegaon - Chikhali - Dehulgaon Raja - Jalna - Aurangabad - Pune - Mumbai

Please avoid the Chikhali - Dehulgaon raja road. Its in a very bad shape!!!

Stayed at

1) Bhedagaht - Motel Marble Rocks - MP Tourism

2) Bandhavgarh - White Tiger Forest Lodge - MP Tourism

3) Bargi - Maikal Resort - MP Tourism

MP Tourism stay options are excellent and have a wide choice of rooms. Please book in advance.

Temprature was at its lowest in MP during our travel. Bhedaghat was at 5 degrees and Bandhavgarh/Umaria was at 0 degrees !!!!

Some more photos added. Will post more info soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-dsc01474.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-256.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-267.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-299.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-354.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-dsc01567.jpg  

Old 10th January 2011, 11:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great trip, Hrishikesh.
Those waterfalls - where are they?
How were the roads from Nagpur via Ramtek to Pench & Jabalpur?
And the condition of the Katni-Umaria roads?
Any drive timing info?
Old 10th January 2011, 11:38   #4
BHPian

Thanks Kumar Sir. These waterfalls are at Bhedaghat, about 50 kms from Jabalpur on the Narmada river.Locally known as Dhuandhar. The road condition was good till Jabalpur (some bad patches here and there). Road to Bandhavgarh (via Kundam,Shahpura and Umaria) is great. 9 kms to Bandhavgarh is a pain, there is virtually no road. Our guide later told us that the road is delibarately left in a bad shape in order to avoid speeding in the forest area.

We started from Nagpur at 9 am and reached Jabalpur by 3 pm (1.5 hrs break included). Another 1 hour from Jabalpur to Bhedaghat.

Next day, From Bhedaghat , we started at 10:30 am and reached Bandhavgarh at 3:00 pm (lost the road in between and had to travel an extra streach of 60 kms)

Left Bandhavgarh next day at 12 pm (after the morning safari) and reached Jabalpur at 4 pm. Then from Jabalpur to Bargi another 1 hour.

Last edited by Wanderer78 : 10th January 2011 at 11:46.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:08   #5
BHPian

The watrefall pic is just mind blowing.. reminds me of the time i spent at Niagara falls.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:21   #6
BHPian

Hi Wanderer78,
your pics reminds me of my trip to Bhedaghat during June 2009. After seeing Narmada in its fury in Bhedaghat, I decided to check its origination. Yes, I visited Amarkantak bordering Chattisgarh. I had hired a Chevy Tavera (it was with parents and friends) and took the super smooth road from Jabalpur (I don't know its present condition) through Vindyachal mountain ranges till Amarkantak . It was an interesting drive with 2 punctures en route and finally could see the sedate origination point of Narmada in Amarkantak.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Route Taken -
1) Mumbai - Pune - Aurangabad -Sindakhed Raja - Malegaon - Mehekar - Wardha - Nagpur

2) Nagpur - Ramtek - Pench - Rukkhad - Seoni - Jabalpur - Bhedaghat

3) Bhedaghat - Jabalpur - Katni - Bandhavgarh

4) Bandhavgarh - Umaria - Katni bypass - Jabalpur - Bargi Dam (30 kms from Jabalpur)

5) Bargi - Ramtek- Nagpur - Amravati - Shegaon - Chikhali - Dehulgaon Raja - Jalna - Aurangabad - Pune - Mumbai

Please avoid the Chikhali - Dehulgaon raja road. Its in a very bad shape!!!

Stayed at

1) Bhedagaht - Motel Marble Rocks - MP Tourism

2) Bandhavgarh - White Tiger Forest Lodge - MP Tourism

3) Bargi - Maikal Resort - MP Tourism

MP Tourism stay options are excellent and have a wide choice of rooms. Please book in advance.

Temprature was at its lowest in MP during our travel. Bhedaghat was at 5 degrees and Bandhavgarh/Umaria was at 0 degrees !!!!

Some more photos added. Will post more info soon.
Waiting for the full report.

Can you confirm the identity of the tiger in your second post ? Its definitely a male. When was this pic taken ?
From the looks of it its either the Bamera male or B2. Do you have the shots of this tiger from other angles to show the right flank too. Can you mail me the full resolution pics at dr dot abheek at gmail dot com ? I need them for our ongoing documentation drive. What other tigers did you come across there ?

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 10th January 2011, 15:32   #8
BHPian

Thanks Mohsin

@Abheek : I was told that the tiger we spotted was B2 (we only spotted one). This pic was taken on 4th Jan 2011. I will send you the full resolution pics asap.

Last edited by Wanderer78 : 10th January 2011 at 15:33.
Old 10th January 2011, 16:22   #9
BHPian

Wow!! Those are amazing pictures. And when you said 0 degress in Bandhavgarh, its freezing cold!! But Iam sure you would have had fun in the chilly winters of Bandhavgarh
Old 10th January 2011, 16:37   #10
BHPian

Wanderer, your photologue has come at a very apt time for me. I am planning a similar run from Hyd to Pench and Bandhavgarh and wanted to know the road condition from Nagpur onwards. the overall route seems to be fine except the last 9KM you mentioned. Can the Hyundai Accents GC (165mm) make this strech?
You are real lucky to spot the striped one and might I add, excellent pics of the waterfalls!
Old 10th January 2011, 17:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Wanderer, your photologue has come at a very apt time for me. I am planning a similar run from Hyd to Pench and Bandhavgarh and wanted to know the road condition from Nagpur onwards. the overall route seems to be fine except the last 9KM you mentioned. Can the Hyundai Accents GC (165mm) make this strech?
You are real lucky to spot the striped one and might I add, excellent pics of the waterfalls!
Thanks Crankshaft / ExtremeTorque . We enjoyed a lot. After all , its not every day that a Mumbai guy gets to see zero degrees

@ExtremeTorque : Accent can make it, but you need to drive very slow. One of our cars was accent and there was no problem. And may I suggest a vist to Bhedaghat falls (near Jabalpur) , if you have some time. I am sure it will be worth it
Old 11th January 2011, 11:33   #12
BHPian

Some pics enroute to Jabalpur / Bhedaghat and Marble rocks at Bhedaghat
Attached Thumbnails
Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-100.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-104.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-134.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-160.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-167.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-203.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-207.jpg  

Wanderer78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2011, 11:40   #13
BHPian

Beautiful rock formations .. Awaiting more pics from Bhedaghat.
Old 11th January 2011, 12:07   #14
BHPian

Amazing pictures!!!!
Bargi dam is very beautiful and the MP tourism resort is worth a visit and a stay.
We visited that place on our way back from Bandhavgarh , it was late in the afternoon and were quite tired.
We stopped for lunch. Were dissappointed with lunch as it was a self service system . The best iten we thought was rajma chawal on the menu, which was quite a let down. A resort so beautiful with an amazing location , should be doing something more with thier menu.
Waiting for more pictures.
Old 11th January 2011, 12:32   #15
BHPian

superb pictures... Congrats on having the tiger darshan which doesnot happen always. Awaiting the other pics. It will be great if you have captions to the pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks