Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:40   #1
BHPian

Upgraded my Getz tyres - Turanza ER60

Firstly, thanks to all people as members/ support staff contributing to this forum. Your contributions and reading thru numerous posts helped me in finalizing the tyres for my Getz requiring 175/70/13 profile.

Was it easy? NO.
For all the information you get, it often confuses you more rather than help on decide. But if you are clear on your requirements,
have a defined budget, defined ! with bit of analysis, consulting and reading it helps you sail thru.

When it started, I was all prepared for Acceleres. Bit of surfing and price analysis increases the list with following probables :

# XM1+
# Yoko A
# Bridgestone S322 (tubeless)
# Bridgestone Turanza ER 60

The car was already riding on S322 (tube type) so ruled that out.
Yokohama was top on list and even went to the dealer. Deciding factor- VFM (3000/- PT) and ride comparable to XM1+. On way , spoke to a friend and he advised against the Yoko’s. Reason: He had them on his Wagon R but had to replace them with 1.5 years to numerous cuts on side walls and high puncture rate. Still went ahead and had discussion with the dealer. His view,
• Yoko A drive : They have soft side wall, more prone to cuts but have good ride. And the price recently increased to 3600/- PT
• XM1+: Overall good and has stiffer side walls with less noise, good ride comfort and the name says it all. Though balanced but inclined more for driving on tarmac than rough roads.
• Turanza : Harder side walls than XM1+, bit noisier than XM1+, good ride comfort and better balanced for rough roads.

Thanked him for his advice and came back, surfed, discussed, re-looked at my requirements and decided……Turanza ER 60.

Though could not get back to the same dealer as he was far off my place, so one of authorized Bridgestone dealer nearby.
The deal: 3950/- PT. Balancing, alignment included. Later filled up Nitrogen too. Checked the mfg details, week 21, 2011. Perfect !

During installation, he also advised a certain fluid in the tyres which in event if any puncture, the fluid will come out and seal the gap without ever going for puncture repair thru put the life of tyres and only balancing / alignment will be required.
Cost @ 550 PT . Not sure what is this all about, but certainly lucrative with peace of mind at your back of puncture less ride. Any clues?
I tried bargaining as in general you will get 3-4 punctures in a life of tyre costing around Rs200-250. So any thing by 300-350 was ok, but the last quote was 500.
Decided against it, but bugged and constantly thinking !!! Any suggestions?

Riding:
Post switch, the ride is definitely smoother, quieter , better control and car feels bit heavy. This may be due to initial switch, will post experience once clogged sufficient mileage.

Tarun
Tarun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks