Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 16:05   #1
jav
BHPian

Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica

My car was running XM1 for almost 40K kms now and the rear two tyres were totally worn out so i decided to

get a pair of new tyres

So yesterday i went to J.C road to look around for tyres, checked out the following brands in 165/65 r13

1) XM1+ - i would have got these but they do not come in the energy model for my car size and all my other

cars were running on XM1+ energy so i did not want a non energy model for my personal ride

2)Turanza ER60 - My previous experience with bridgestone was not satisfactory so i avoided these

3)Continental - i don't seem to remember the model name but i did not like them

4)A Drives - Did not interest me

5)Apollo amazer 3g maxx - These tyres were very light i could carry two of these in one hand and it had a nice feel to it too, so had to decide between these and XM1+, so i finally chose apollo. Each tyre cost me 2700

I have run around 60kms so far and these tyres are just excellent and are much better than my previous xm1.
I was told these have a low rolling resistance which i found out later is true because the car starts rolling as soon as i step off the brakes and i can shift to higher gears at much earlier r.p.m without loosing pick up

Braking performace is a notch higher than my old tyres and so is the grip in dry weather, have not tested it out in wet weather yet so cant comment on it

Comfort - On my way home there is a rough patch of road so every time i go over it my steering shakes left to right but with my new tyres it was steady and i did not feel a thing, overall i am very satisfied with these tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica-100_2813.jpg  

Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica-100_2816.jpg  

Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica-100_2818.jpg  

Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica-100_2820.jpg  

Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica-100_2821.jpg  

Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica-10072011001.jpg  

jav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 19:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica

Good choice, these seem to be good tyres. Amazer is the OEM stock for many cars, but Amazer 3G Maxx seems to be the ideal upgrade especially the 65% sidewall range.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 17:36   #3
BHPian

Reviving an old thread. My WagonR came with Amazer 3G. It's 4 years 9 months now and has run 40 K.

Tyres seems to have 5K life left. But today I noticed something which seems to be a side wall crack. Is it time to change the tyres now or can I push it to January?

155/65/R14....which tyre is a good replacement. I want it to last 5 years and 40 K Kms and a reliable tyre.

Got new Apollo Amazer 3G MAXX for my Indica-img20180825wa0001.jpg

Attaching the photo of the tyre... Where there seems to be a crack.

Last edited by SDP : 25th August 2018 at 20:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please edit or multi-quote instead of back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks