Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2006, 05:00   #1
BHPian

Alloys for Hyundai Accent

Hi Guyz,

This is my first car-so I am not a pro like you and have very little knowledge of car accessories.

I purchased a 2001 hyundai accent recently and am very happy with it. One mod I want to do with the car is replace the rims with alloys.

Any suggestions on what brand should I go for ?
The top speed I managed with the car is 150 Kph (in ECR- Chennai)- will alloys show any improvement to top speed ?
What about spoilers- will it improve the car's performance ?
I replaced the old tyres with new bridgestone radials recently- is this a bad decision considering that I want to fit the car with alloys- are tubeless tyres an better option ?
Old 13th April 2006, 08:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81
I purchased a 2001 hyundai accent recently and am very happy with it. One mod I want to do with the car is replace the rims with alloys.
Congrats...!!!! Enjoy n drive safe...

Quote:
Any suggestions on what brand should I go for ?
Aura for its warranty but limited designs available considering u have a 13" rubber....
HR n League have good number of designs....

Quote:
The top speed I managed with the car is 150 Kph (in ECR- Chennai)- will alloys show any improvement to top speed ?
It will only improve the braking n FE to an extent....

Quote:
What about spoilers- will it improve the car's performance ?
Unless u have too much power to handle.....
Quote:
I replaced the old tyres with new bridgestone radials recently- is this a bad decision considering that I want to fit the car with alloys- are tubeless tyres an better option ?
Bridgestone is a good choice but which model u got??? Is it a S322 or Potenza..!!!
Tubeless is the best option with alloys....
Old 13th April 2006, 09:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81
I replaced the old tyres with new bridgestone radials recently- is this a bad decision considering that I want to fit the car with alloys- are tubeless tyres an better option?
Welcome to the club, sathish! While tubeless ones are a good option, the fact that you got tubed tyres shouldn't prevent you from using alloys. Alloys from Aura and Neo are made in india and are guaranteed. You can even buy a single piece later if you damaged one. But they don't have an exciting range to choose from. HR, League and Plati are imported ones and look great.

Check out this post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/195326-post1.html

Last edited by MalluDude : 13th April 2006 at 09:15.
Old 13th April 2006, 23:43   #4
BHPian

Thank you guyz.

Kpzen- to answer your question- which model bridgestone I have- I am not sure.

The retailer told me those are factory recomm ones for Accent. I will find out.

But what I understand based on your postings- I should be able to fit alloys with the current tyres (i can upgrade later)- i am not sure if the retailer will be willing to exchange the new tyres with tubeless if I pay the upgrade price
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:33   #5
BANNED

What alloys from Neo (Welcome to Neo Wheels) look best on a silver Accent - ICE Black Machined (13" x 5.5") , CRAZE Black Machined (13" x 5.5") or STAR Black Machined (13" x 5")
Since the wheel size on the Accent is 13" x 5", would it be any problem getting it in 13" x 5.5"?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks