Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 00:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Can 112 PCD alloys fit into 114.3mm Hub?

Yesterday, I got 17" alloys on my civic. But one thing that is bothering me is that inside the alloys (before installing it), there was a small sticker with the number 112. I asked the dealer if the alloys are actually for 114.3 PCD hub (such as Civic) and was affirmative. He said, this particular alloy is a replica of the Audi R8 and hence, the sticker is mentioning 112 (because VW and Audi have 112 PCD), and that I need not worry. He said, if it was actually 112 PCD, it won't have fit into the Civic's 114.3mm hub at the first place without significant modification. I have driven with the new alloys for about 50 kms or so, and except for harsh ride (which was expected because of the 17" and low profile tyres), I didn't find any issues. But the idea of 112 alloys being fitted into the 114.3 PCD hub of my civic is worrying me. I can't find any engraving of the PCD info in the alloys, so there is no direct way to verify this.

Can anyone throw some lights on this? Can 112 PCD alloys be fitted on 114.3mm hub "as it is"? Was the dealer correct in saying the alloys are 114.3 PCD and hence these replica alloys fit my car without any issue? Are there any other way I can find if the alloys are indeed 112 or 114.3 PCD?

What I am worried is, if these were indeed 112 PCD alloys, then I assume these alloys were forcefully fitted into the 114.3 hub, and may bear grave consequences, such as wheel coming out on high speed.

PS. For Mods - I am sorry, but it seems I posted on the wrong thread. Can you please move it to the appropriate one?

Last edited by iTNerd : 6th August 2012 at 00:11.
Old 6th August 2012, 11:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Can 112 PCD alloys fit into 114.3mm Hub?

Hi ITnerd,
Installing a 112 mm PCD wheel in place of 114.3 bolt pattern is not at all recomended. It has to be done with the help of a wobble washer / bolt.
Is the hub centre properly maintained?
Anyways, with the formula mentioned in the following link and a scale you can measure your rim's PCD.
WHEELS. PCD, offset, and centre spigot diameter
Trailer & Caravan Wheel PCD (Pitch circle diameter) calculation from Western Towing
Hope this helped you.
-Ilango

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Yesterday, I got 17" alloys on my civic. But one thing that is bothering me is that inside the alloys (before installing it), there was a small sticker with the number 112. I asked the dealer if the alloys are actually for 114.3 PCD hub (such as Civic) and was affirmative. He said, this particular alloy is a replica of the Audi R8 and hence, the sticker is mentioning 112 (because VW and Audi have 112 PCD), and that I need not worry. He said, if it was actually 112 PCD, it won't have fit into the Civic's 114.3mm hub at the first place without significant modification. I have driven with the new alloys for about 50 kms or so, and except for harsh ride (which was expected because of the 17" and low profile tyres), I didn't find any issues. But the idea of 112 alloys being fitted into the 114.3 PCD hub of my civic is worrying me. I can't find any engraving of the PCD info in the alloys, so there is no direct way to verify this.

Can anyone throw some lights on this? Can 112 PCD alloys be fitted on 114.3mm hub "as it is"? Was the dealer correct in saying the alloys are 114.3 PCD and hence these replica alloys fit my car without any issue? Are there any other way I can find if the alloys are indeed 112 or 114.3 PCD?

What I am worried is, if these were indeed 112 PCD alloys, then I assume these alloys were forcefully fitted into the 114.3 hub, and may bear grave consequences, such as wheel coming out on high speed.

PS. For Mods - I am sorry, but it seems I posted on the wrong thread. Can you please move it to the appropriate one?
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 13:17   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bad decision man. You need to be very particular about wheel PCD.

Take a look at this related thread : PCD Conversion
Old 6th August 2012, 14:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi ITnerd,
Installing a 112 mm PCD wheel in place of 114.3 bolt pattern is not at all recomended. It has to be done with the help of a wobble washer / bolt.
Is the hub centre properly maintained?
Anyways, with the formula mentioned in the following link and a scale you can measure your rim's PCD.
WHEELS. PCD, offset, and centre spigot diameter
Trailer & Caravan Wheel PCD (Pitch circle diameter) calculation from Western Towing
Hope this helped you.
-Ilango
The alloys were installed infront of me, and there were no modification made to the Civic's 114 hub, nor was there any use of additional washer or bolt. I even took out one of the alloy today, just to see if the nuts/studs had any sign of wear and tear. Fortunately, I could not find any and the hub with in exact alignment with the alloys.

I also measured the distance between the two adjacent nuts, and it comes to around 67mm which corresponds to 114 PCD. Anyway, I am going to forget this issue and enjoy the car with the new alloys
Old 6th August 2012, 14:40   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, IMO, 112PCD rims cannot be fit on 114PCD bolts without an adapter plate.

iTNerd, I guess there is no need to worry, as the alloys itself seem to be 114 PCD.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 16:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I also measured the distance between the two adjacent nuts, and it comes to around 67mm which corresponds to 114 PCD. Anyway, I am going to forget this issue and enjoy the car with the new alloys
Dude, the distance between the nuts will for sure be 67 mm only. You should have measured it on the alloy wheel that you removed from the car. Your intention was not to cross check your car's PCD, rather it was to measure & confirm the PCD on the alloy wheel. Please redo the same on the wheel .

Last edited by ilangop : 6th August 2012 at 16:14.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 17:27   #7
BHPian

If it was a "adjustment" job the wheel would have had tell tale signs of being drilled i.e a new hole having been bored to mount it on your hub. Since you say they have been installed in front of you - and assuming your supplier is being honest with you - I see no reason for you to lose sleep over this. Enjoy the ride and post some pics
WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 18:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Can 112 PCD alloys be fitted on 114.3mm hub "as it is"? ...
Simple (and correct) answer....NO !

So, stop worrying and enjoy the drive You definitely have got 114 PCD alloys on your car now.

Those stickers seems to have been stuck on erroneously. There is no way that 112 PCD alloys can be fiited 'as is' on 114.3mm hubs.
Blue Thunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 10:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Dude, the distance between the nuts will for sure be 67 mm only. You should have measured it on the alloy wheel that you removed from the car. Your intention was not to cross check your car's PCD, rather it was to measure & confirm the PCD on the alloy wheel. Please redo the same on the wheel .
I meant on the alloys. Anyway, after confirming the center alignment and perfect fit with the hub and alloy, I have decided to not worry about it any longer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2862995

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
If it was a "adjustment" job the wheel would have had tell tale signs of being drilled i.e a new hole having been bored to mount it on your hub. Since you say they have been installed in front of you - and assuming your supplier is being honest with you - I see no reason for you to lose sleep over this. Enjoy the ride and post some pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Simple (and correct) answer....NO !

So, stop worrying and enjoy the drive You definitely have got 114 PCD alloys on your car now.

Those stickers seems to have been stuck on erroneously. There is no way that 112 PCD alloys can be fiited 'as is' on 114.3mm hubs.
Exactly, the alloys do not have sign of drilling, and I can make it out easily from the stock finish on the holes. The supplier has a big swanky showroom and workshop in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi and hence, I doubt any foul play.

Have posted some pics on the civic shoe upgrade thread. here is the link I meant on the alloys. Anyway, after seeing the center alignment and perfect fit with the hub and alloy, I have decided to not worry about it any longer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/26758-civic-shoes-upgrade-31.html#post2862995
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks