Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2006, 18:48   #1

Corsa Swing - Alloys & Tyre

Hi, I am thinking about switching from stock 175/70/R13 (+ Bridgestones) to 14" alloys. Would 185/60/R14 Bridgestone Potenza (if available) + alloys be a better choice? I used the tyre calculator to arrive at the numbers. But I do not know if they are actually available.

What are the advantages/issue if I change to 185 from 175? Will the ride quality will suffer much? Will FE reduce?

If anyone tried already, on a Corsa, would you suggest staying on 175/70/R13 itself?

Thanks
Sreeku
Old 3rd May 2006, 19:21   #2
elf
BANNED

Hi,

I have some tyres & Alloys for sale. They've been sparingly used by me.
Here's the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/market...tml#post217035

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Tarun Kriplani
+91 98210 62904
Old 3rd May 2006, 20:07   #3
sAP
BHPian

Sreeku:

I own a Corsa 1.4. Last year I switched over to K-speed 13" alloys with stock tires. I initially had vibration problems at 100kmph + which were solved by installing custom-made centering rings (see post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/151614-post1.html).

Last week I drove 700kms on a single day. I do this every year (I drive to Kerala). My feedback after driving 3 times (this stretch of 700kms) is this: High speed driving on the corsa is better on stock tires AND RIMS! Twice I drove with stock rims but this time on alloys. I could feel a profound difference this time even though all 3 times the tires were the same.

If you do insist on having alloy wheels installed, my recommendation is to only install alloy wheels that match the center bore *exactly* as the stock rim (which is 56.5mm I think). The only models that do this are the Opel OEM alloys or a couple of models in the Aura range that exactly match this center-bore specification (http://www.auraalloywheels.com).

The pleasure of driving a rock-solid Corsa fast on the open highway is compromised with any other option, whether it is with or without vibrations. This is my personal experience.

Hope this helps.

sAP
Old 3rd May 2006, 20:21   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
Last week I drove 700kms on a single day. I do this every year (I drive to Kerala). My feedback after driving 3 times (this stretch of 700kms) is this: High speed driving on the corsa is better on stock tires AND RIMS! Twice I drove with stock rims but this time on alloys. I could feel a profound difference this time even though all 3 times the tires were the same.

sAP
Thanks. I have seen your earlier post on vibrations. Thanks for it. Even I drive Bangalore-Trivandrum (~700km) once or twice an year and couple of times did it in a single day. Anyway, first few times the performance was very good. Recently I have been noticing vibrations above 120km - this did not go away after a wheel balancing. SInce I wanted to change to alloys for some time, I tended to justify to myself better ride as one of the reasons. But after reading many posts here, I realize stock tyres may be still the best option.

Thanks
Sreeku

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks