Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2006, 21:27   #1
axcman

Hey need help with my car and wheels ?????

hi sorry for some misuderstanding was using my bro account.

i have a 1000 maruti i have put mag rims 165/65/r13 the wheels look good but when i reach the speed of 60 to 80 any slight bump in the roads and a rip noise comes and i feel as if somebeody ripped me please help
guys need all your help into how to solve this.

p.s. i have to buy new shocks so i heard u can raise the wheels up and also take the wheels a bit out does that harm the ride

please tell me
thanx
axcman

Old 29th May 2006, 21:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Sagging suspension. Shocks may need replacement. Do not take the wheels out. They may suggest putting spacers but remember...you cannot balance spacers..

Your wheel upgrade size looks ok.
Old 29th May 2006, 21:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think your car would have come with stock 155/80-13 tyres.....
165/65-13 is too small for the car...

Kp
Old 30th May 2006, 20:49   #4
BHPian

any more suggestions should i get some hi fi shock absorbers which are like already big size so i dont have to put spacers
badboy
Old 31st May 2006, 03:39   #5
BHPian

GO GET KONI
they are the best HI FI shocks as you put it.. cost 35-38 K to get all 4 installed.. they will probably last forever bro...
they are the best for Rally.. so normal roads are a peice of cake .
boom
Old 31st May 2006, 11:46   #6
BHPian

Hey Tool, minor correction. The streetstyle koni's you talking about are different from the koni's they use in rallies. The rally style one's are 60-65k and are much harder than the one's for streetcars (for the obvious reason of a more bumpy terrain and extremely rough usage).

From what one of the bangy boys told me a coupla night back, itseems you can get equally effective koni-LIKE shocks at a cheaper price, like the ones ajmat (or mabe it was amitoj) and iceman (if im not wrong) have on their rides.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 31st May 2006, 20:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axcman
i have a 1000 maruti i have put mag rims 165/65/r13 the wheels look good but when i reach the speed of 60 to 80 any slight bump in the roads and a rip noise comes and i feel as if somebeody ripped me please help
guys need all your help into how to solve this.
Dude,

Your tyre size looks modest compared my Esteem's tyre upgrade (185/70R13) ... I have absolutely no problems with that size though it is almost a 2% increase in dia., not even over rough terrain... BUT, I did have to take off the plastic mud flaps! The problem is that they are flexible and tend to vibrate in the wind and my tyre upgrade meant that they sometimes made contact with the wheel... leading to a ripping / humming noise of the kind you describe.

Apart from this, since the overall diameter of your wheels have reduced, you could also be "grounding" your mud flaps when your suspension bottoms out. I have a friend with a Fiat Siena that experiences this problem when he has a full load in his car.

You can easily confirm if your mud flaps are a problem by looking at them closely... if they are getting grounded, the bottom edge would be frayed and a little "blacker". If your tyre is making contact with the mud flap, then you will see vertical lines / rubs where the tyre makes contact.

Another possibility is that the plastic lining inside your wheel arches is loose and is touching the wheels when they are high in the arches.

Check it out and let us know

- T u r b o C -
Old 1st June 2006, 17:49   #8
axcman

hey

hi alok please tell me where u can get those shock koni likes and how much i stay in mumbai thanx
badboy

Old 1st June 2006, 17:49   #9
axcman

thanx turbo will check my car today and see
thanx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks