Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 12:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Malik Tyre World (Gurgaon) sells me 5 year old Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
I intend to use these tires for a few months - and discard them a few months earlier than I normally would.
Good decision... and I would recommend you do so today.

Nothing is as important as tyres on your ride. It's the few square inches of contact between the tyre and the road , which literally decides , if you have a safe journey, or if you would crash and burn!

Sorry to be so direct. But that's what this is about.

Buy current year tyres from an authorized shop with company warranty, and rest easy!
joybhowmik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:09   #17
BHPian

Thanks Adisag for sharing your experience.

I have been buying original stuff whenever required when it comes to my car or anything else. The bill and the warranty gives you the comfort and the assurance that if anything wrong happens you can always go back to the seller.

Having said that, it does come to one's mind that cheap stuff too is available in the market and maybe it would not be that bad. Who does not want to save money end of the day. But experience like these provide you a reassurance that Genuine and original stuff bought from authorized seller should always be preferred.

Thanks for sharing once again. Will help a lot of people going that way .
Old 11th February 2015, 17:11   #18
BHPian

A delayed update: so some 3-4 weeks post this whole debacle, another of the regno's got a puncture - it was a small puncture, but it was enough to tick me off completely, and I traded in all 4 tires for stock Bridgestone ER-370's in 215/60 R16 size from Tyre World at Sikanderpur. Some money down the drain, but the peace of mind has been totally worth it.

The differences between the Regno's (grey Mkt) and ER370's is phenomenal.
  • I've driven the ER370's for 15k km's, not a single puncture. Also, they seem to be wearing out their tread much slower than the Regnos.
  • Tyre Noise on the ER370's seems slightly less than the Regno's, not a huge difference, but noticeable nonetheless.
  • In terms of grip, I have a feeling that the Regno's were slightly superior, but this may have been due to the wider patch (225 vs 215), again not a significant difference.

The moral of the story, go with the genuine stuff and do your due diligence, its totally worth the extra effort and cost A lesson well learnt.

Last edited by adisag : 11th February 2015 at 17:12.
adisag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 17:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Adding to your peril, pardon me for being sarcastic; using such old tires on a car like Yeti, is asking for trouble. Given Indian road conditions it is advised to change tires at 6 years even though there may be as much tread left in it.
Rubber after a certain period becomes hard and on flexing develops crack. Also Yeti is capable of being driven fast at 120+ easily. I would advice you to change to new tires after a year otherwise you would be putting your life in danger.
+1. In fact I was advised to change the tyres of my second car (Swift Vxi) despite only having covered around 29,000 km and having plenty of tread left. They were over 4 years old and had started to harden and that was the sole reason my trusty FNAG gave me. He had no stake in it since he doesn't do tyres. Good enough for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
A delayed update: so some 3-4 weeks post this whole debacle, another of the regno's got a puncture - it was a small puncture, but it was enough to tick me off completely, and I traded in all 4 tires for stock Bridgestone ER-370's in 215/60 R16 size from Tyre World at Sikanderpur. Some money down the drain, but the peace of mind has been totally worth it.

(...)
The moral of the story, go with the genuine stuff and do your due diligence, its totally worth the extra effort and cost A lesson well learnt.[/list]
Well, we're thrilled for you- and please never think of spending on good tyres as money down the drain. It's an investment in your safety and nothing could be a better use of money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks