Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 14:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Michelin car tyres now available on Snapdeal

Michelin car tyres can now be purchased via Snapdeal.com after the two companies have officially announced a partnership for online sales of Michelin branded passenger car tyres.

Customers can now place an order online to purchase Michelin tyres from an authorized dealer and request for the fitment at a time and place of their choice. On the Michelin brand page on Snapdeal, the tyre selector will help customers find the best fit tyre for their vehicle model. Once the tyre choice is confirmed, the users can select the closest Michelin authorized dealer to purchase and also book a tyre fitment appointment, with the option of same day fitment available as well.

All passenger car tyres sold through Michelin authorized dealers on Snapdeal are guaranteed by Michelin.

Michelin car tyres now available on Snapdeal-2.jpg

Michelin car tyres now available on Snapdeal-3.jpg
Tushar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin car tyres now available on Snapdeal

A very good move

Additionally, there is a 3% discount along with free installation, if we choose to go pick the tyres from a Michelin store nearby. However, no news about buy back of our old tyres - I guess we would have to negotiate that with the tyre store, and with us having purchased the tyres already, I don't think we can haggle much

And since the warranty is clearly disclaimed, provides a lot of confidence too. I immediately tried to place an order for my dad, who has been procrastinating his tyre change for more than 2 months now citing various reasons. And me residing far away, cannot help much either. However, the service is not yet available in Chennai or Coimbatore, waiting for them to expand.

I think Snapdeal is taking the right steps, by linking up with lots of OEMs off late to increase our trust, and their business too.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Michelin car tyres can now be purchased via Snapdeal.com after the two companies have officially announced a partnership for online sales of Michelin branded passenger car tyres.

All passenger car tyres sold through Michelin authorized dealers on Snapdeal are guaranteed by Michelin.

Attachment 1485608

Attachment 1485609
The cost of the tyres I recently purchased for my S-Cross, is higher by 1k per piece on Snapdeal, compared to what I got from tyre dealer. So is it really worth it?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 12:16   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
The cost of the tyres I recently purchased for my S-Cross, is higher by 1k per piece on Snapdeal, compared to what I got from tyre dealer. So is it really worth it?
Unfortunate, but unsurprising. The physical distribution network is Michelin India's lifeblood today. If they sell tyres at heavily discounted prices online, dealers will be up in arms. Michelin can't afford to get them upset.

Dealers, on the other hand, can openly offer discounts as they please, out of their own margins.

We've seen many online tyre ventures (changemytyre, tyreonwheels, tyre section on flipkart etc.), but not one has been convincing. No one has been able to crack the code. On the other hand, players like batterybhai.com are doing a fantastic job with car batteries (link).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 14:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if this is still functional on Snapdeal. I get to see the same Michelin home screen shown in GTO's post. There is no mention about any tie-up or warranty in the site. Clicking on the tyre link takes to the normal product buy page (I stopped here) and there is no mention about getting delivery and fitting at Michelin dealer. Tyre Buying Guide link is looking incorrect, it is taking to Snapdeal Deals of the day.

I am looking for Michelin-LAT CROSS MI- 265/65R17 and the prices are looking less than showroom prices. Surprisingly price if you buy one tyre alone is much more economical than buying a set of 4 (refer below link)

My experience with snapdeal in the past is not great, that combined with aversion to buy tyres online is making it tough to decide, but looks like there is a significant cost advantage. I would have gone for it if the supply is through a Michelin store with warranty, but unable to get that confirmation from whatever I saw in the site.

https://www.snapdeal.com/products/pa...%2F65%20R17%7C
Old 22nd December 2016, 14:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Came across this thread at a time when I was contemplating the Michelin's for my Punto. The price of the Michelin P3ST for 195/60 R 15 profile is seen as Rs 4975 whereas the authorized dealer had quoted me Rs 5889/- which is almost a thousand less per tyre. I doubt if there is an option on tie up with the authorized dealer for fitment who will definitely charge around 1000 rs for the wheel alignment and balancing.

Buying tyres online set of 4: Rs 20990 incl of WA/WB
Buying tyres through authorized dealer: Rs 23556 incl of WA/WB
Difference: Rs 2566.

Add to that if the tyres are brought using Amex cc, there is a further reduction of 10% on the tyre cost which is Rs 2000/- bringing the total difference to almost 5K.

Its a healthy savings IMO but if the tyres sold online are more than 3 months old, then the headache of returning the tyres and getting refund would be there. Item can be ordered in 1 unit per order. Is is worth buying online then?

https://www.snapdeal.com/product/mic...e/643572553833

Last edited by ghodlur : 22nd December 2016 at 14:52.
Old 22nd December 2016, 14:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Its a healthy savings IMO but if the tyres sold online are more than 3 months old, then the headache of returning the tyres and getting refund would be there. Item can be ordered in 1 unit per order. Is is worth buying online then?
IMHO, it is quite alright to buy tyres up to 6 months old. I feel a 3 month window is too short for even a dealer.
Old 22nd December 2016, 15:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
IMHO, it is quite alright to buy tyres up to 6 months old. I feel a 3 month window is too short for even a dealer.
people do not buy 6 month old car, then how can one buy 6 month old tyres. Why would the dealer continue to stock them if they are not fast moving products.
Old 22nd December 2016, 15:07   #9
BHPian

I don't think Snapdeal's tyre sale is different to anyother online store like Flipkart, Amazon.

I was looking for Michelin tyres for my motorbike couple of months ago. After checking out all the available options online, I ended up buying tyres from an authorised dealer. Got them for an increased price against the online price. But, following are the benefits in my opinion.

1. Had opportunity to pick May'16 manufactured tyres in Sep'16
2. Warranty from Michelin
3. Free of cost tyre change (Dealer was offering free of cost tyre change for cars too)
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:18   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I bought 4 tyres on PAytm for my Yeti in March. Falken WildPeak HT01 215/65/16.
Fantastic deal.
No problem with the product at all. First class delivery too.
The discount / cash back given was excellent - it paid for one tyre!

Of course I did incur a small extra expense for fitment etc at the local tyre place.
But the discount/ cash back more than justified it.

Then basis this experience, a day or two ago, I bought a set of 5 tyres for my New (Old) Gypsy again from Paytm. GoodYear Wrangler 215/75/15 RT/S.
Fantastic deal again.

I did check Flipkart and SnapDeal and Amazon - none of these were able to match the deal at Paytm. Simply put, this cash back thingy from Paytm is by far the best deal one can get. Effectively I got one and half tyres FREE, from the 5 that I bought. The effective price per tyre was excellent indeed.

Read more about it on the Gypsy queries thread.

In my book it is perfectly ok to buy 6 month old tyres online because even if you buy at a tyre dealer, it is not always that you're going to get brand new fresh stock...

And the discounts are so good online that one would be silly not to take advantage of them - unless of course one is suffering from elephantiasis of the bank roll, which I, most certainly am not "ailed" with!

Note: I don't work for any of these e commerce companies. Im just a budget and value conscious customer of theirs and shall certainly hunt up the best available deal for myself if I am buying something.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd December 2016 at 19:22.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

Customers can now place an order online to purchase Michelin tyres from an authorized dealer and request for the fitment at a time and place of their choice. Once the tyre choice is confirmed, the users can select the closest Michelin authorized dealer to purchase and also book a tyre fitment appointment, with the option of same day fitment available as well.

Confused here GTO, I have locked on buying 4 Michelin LAT Cross for my Fortuner and came across your post on Snapdeal.

Snapdeal has Michelin banner on the site with some gift card mentioned, but I am unable to find anything on warranty & tyre delivery and fitting through the next door dealership

Something that baffles me is the cost increase in SnapDeal when the quantity goes up. Set of 4 tyres cost INR 6845 more than 4 X cost of single tyres.

Attaching below image to show the banner and price comparison

I am yet to check this in PayTM

Name:  Tyre.PNG
Views: 1116
Size:  246.4 KB
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Michelin has an Unathorized seller policy seen on the website. The document lists the unauthorized sellers as below which included Amazon.in, Flipkart, changemytyre.com etc.

Quote:
List of unauthorized resellers
Amazon.in
Cart2india.com
Changemytyre.com
Clicktyre.com
Flipkart.com
Olx.com
Paytm.com
Quikr.com
Shopping.rediff.com
Snapdeal.com
Tyreonwheels.com
Tyresnmore.com
Vicky.in
Have attached the document for reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Michelin Unauthorised-Sellers-policy.pdf (206.6 KB, 211 views)
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:36   #13
BHPian

Very strange or confused roll out of a partnership. One says official tie up and one document says Snapdeal is an unauthorized dealer.
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Michelin has an Unathorized seller policy seen on the website. The document lists the unauthorized sellers as below which included Amazon.in, Flipkart, changemytyre.com etc.

Have attached the document for reference.
That adds to the confusion. All online sellers are listed there and that means your warranty can be in trouble if you buy from them. Snapdeal no longer calls Michelin as a partner on their website and the tyre Buying Guide hyperlink points to some other place.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

There is hardly any difference in the price quoted by Madhus Bangalore and Snapdeal for a set of 4, so decided to buy directly from the dealer
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks