Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2021, 12:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Are tougher Runflat Tyres more durable on broken roads?

I changed the RFTs on my Mini Cooper Countryman after 5 years of usage this year to Michelin Primacy 4 ST.

The tires are good and have no complaints but I guess I had too much expectations of softer ride after this change and the softness is barely noticeable by me honestly.

I too made the decision to keep a puncture repair kit instead of buying a space saver in case the need arises.
Old 19th October 2021, 12:37   #62
BHPian

Re: Are tougher Runflat Tyres more durable on broken roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I am now deciding whether to give up RFT's for the Mini Cooper which rarely leaves town. Have already had a horrendous experience when a cut sidewall (drove it for 40 km till it gave up) left me stranded. On Bangalore Roads, coupled with the 40 profile, it crashes and bangs.

As the car rarely leaves the city, my proposal is to swap to tubeless and rely on a puncture kit and compressor.
I've also replaced Conti RFTs on my 330i GT with Michelin Primacy 4 tubeless tyres. The stock RFT gave up in 16k km. I do keep a puncture kit + inflator in the car and also the space saver spare whenever possible. The ride quality is indeed better than RFT.

In case you're looking for more comfortable RFTs, I was recommended Michelin Primacy ZP. The cost is not much higher from regular Primacy and it had good reviews online as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks