Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 11:09   #1

Baleno Lxi : Is tyre upgrade must?

Hi,
Based on the excellent reviews on this site I just purchased a Baleno Lxi. Now, I'm confused as to weather to go for tyre upgrade or not.

I will not be driving above 80/90 at all and average monthly running might be say around 500km!
My questions:

1) Is the tyre upgrade must considering the above running and speed level.
2) Does the upgrade results in milage reduction? how much ? Can someone put a table showing milage effect on various combinations?
3) What abt alloy wheels + normal tube tyres, i.e. I upgrade to alloy wheels and keep the current tube tyres (Bridgestone). Is this combo recommanded at all?

Thanks,
Narendra Bhagwat
Old 26th October 2006, 11:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Bhagwatn,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Congrats on your purchase.

Tyre upgrade is needed if you feel that the current stock of tyres are'nt providing you sufficient grip. Although it is not needed and not a must its a want of more grip which you should see.
If your more into ride quality and dont drive hard and you generally dont corner hard or go at a high rate of speed you done need it.
If you do want to change go for tubeless as they are far superior for grip.
Mileage will drop but not by much if you just upsize. the ride quality may deteriorate depending on the size selected.

Regarding the alloys they serve 2 purposes one is purely cosmetic i.e. they look good, secondly they reduce the unsprung weight as they are lighter compared to steel rims.

You can go for alloys on your current set of tyres. i believe they are 13" rims. It's a better idea to keep it as it is for now and change to 14" alloys and 195/60-14 tyres later. 13" alloys really wont serve any purpose and you will limit yourself to upgrade later to fatter rubber.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks