Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 09:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Stick to OEM size and get Bridgestone tyres, negotiate harder on the prices.
Yup, that's the plan. Will speak to other dealers who quoted a lesser price to me.
Old 31st July 2017, 11:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Bridgestone or Ceat for my Tata Nano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Dear all,

When I inquired about the tires today with various dealers, I have got two options:
1. Ceat
2. Bridgestone

This weekend (29th & 30th July) we went to Nashik via Pune - Nashik (the new NH60) in our Tata Nano Twist XT.

We have 3 new CEAT and 1 about to die JK ULTIMA XT tyre (front right wheel) on our Nano. I had my wife, kid and father as co-passengers. The entire ride was so peaceful that we almost forgot that front right tyre is JK.

CEAT MILAZE tyres are quite good in absorbing the shocks from bumpy road and we got 20.5 kmpl on Pune - Nashik route and 21.5 kmpl while coming back. Since we used AC most of the time, we got less efficiency but the figures could have climbed upto 23 kmpl if we hadn't used AC.

Specially on the bumpy road with minor potholes, the CEAT tyres performed exceptionally well. I was myself skeptical about CEAT tyres but this ride proved that the quality has improved a lot. I would highly recommend these tyres for nano.
Old 15th December 2017, 21:03   #18
BHPian

Re: Bridgestone or Ceat for my Tata Nano?

Just adding my recent experience - for benefit of other Nano owners.
The used Nano XTA that I purchased recently was in need of new tyres. Both front tyres were near the end of their lives at an ODO reading of 28K. Uneven wear due to neglected alignment. The rear tyres were better with about 3 to 5K of life left. I decided to change all four.
The existing tyres were JK. Replaced with MRF. Stock size - 135/70 R 12 for front and 155/65 R 12 for the rear.
Cost - Rs. 1750 each for the front and Rs. 2350 for the rear (at Mangaluru). Total Rs. 8200 + Rs.300 for balancing and alignment.
The ride quality has improved substantially. Noticeable particularly over lightly broken roads. The road noise has also reduced significantly.

Attaching an image of the tread pattern.

Bridgestone or Ceat for my Tata Nano?-mrf1.jpg
cogWheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks