Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2006, 00:11   #1
BANNED

hey bhpians... i am facing a problem with my accord v6, its running yokohama 235/45/17 on alloys. the steering vibrates at a speed over 80kph, have got the wheels balanced and everything but the problem still persists. the dealer says that since the car is running 17in wheels iit will vibrate..
pls help me out guys.
thanks
accord masters
Old 3rd November 2006, 01:51   #2
bhp
BHPian

i think u should goto another wheel balancing shop and get it balanced...this mostly seems to be something wrong with the balancing or else then there is something wrong with ur wheel....the dealer is just trying to scare you may be bcoz he doesnt have the right machine to get proper balancing... dont worry there are many many cars with 17'' and nobody faces such a vibrating problem just bcoz they have upsized...drive safe
Old 3rd November 2006, 02:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey accordmasters, i suggest we check the wheel balancing once, since you just got a new set of wheels they could actually be the culprit, it might be that one of the tires is warped... we might even need to see if any wheel is bent/cracked.

When you got the balancing done did you see the weight distribution for yourself to check whether the wheels and tires are fine?
Old 3rd November 2006, 09:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters
hey bhpians... i am facing a problem with my accord v6, its running yokohama 235/45/17 on alloys. the steering vibrates at a speed over 80kph, have got the wheels balanced and everything but the problem still persists. the dealer says that since the car is running 17in wheels iit will vibrate..
pls help me out guys.
thanks
accord masters
The problem is due to a mismatch between the wheels dia and the hub's dia, if its an out-market alloy. In such a case the wheels are supported only by the lug nuts, and don't rest in the hub at all. Get hub rings that plug the gap between the wheel and the hub, and the vibes stop instantly.
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the problems looks like mismatch between the wheels dia and the hub's dia. Getting hubrings will solve the problem 95%. For more information there is a thread by sAP http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...oy-wheels.html
Old 4th November 2006, 00:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would have said that, but i know for a fact he has had those wheels for a long time and hasnt faced that problem earlier, it has cropped up recently.
Old 5th November 2006, 00:17   #7
BHPian

Hi,

What is the tyre pressure you keep???

The center ring will solve this problem but your wheels should have the groove to hold the center rings .

But i would say 225 is the best size for Accord.

Regards,
PJ

Most Viewed