Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2004, 21:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (abhishek_shah @ Sep. 08 2004,15:48)]these rates are perfect for alloys of Auro Wheels.
too expensive for aura,it's range starts from 12.5(for 800/alto 12inchers to 16.5( 15/16 inchers for safari and other vechicles)

i have full faith in aura or neo, would buy only one of these ,
Old 8th September 2004, 21:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey nc
u get all those three designs in aura/neo range , check it out

i personaaly dont like buying thses imported ones as they might be fake, God knows the build quality, and if by any chance something happens to one wheel u need to buy the entire set

happened to my friend's scoprio, he had an imported flower shaped wheel (set of 5), he had a minor accident , the front left wheel was damaged, he couldnt get an single pice of the same brand, picked up an aura(same design) for around 3.8k(single wheel)
Old 8th September 2004, 22:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Aura or Neo are the best.Rather cheap and good enough.A complete range of good variety and not even a problem replacing a single wheel,if anything goes wrong.And also these imported wheels somehow dont relate to the indian roads.A few of them do ofcourse.One has to be really careful in importing the perfect set.Design matters but more than that,whether they`ll suit the car well and what grounding they have also matters.And to top it all,Aura/Neo design wheels which have a 2 year guarantee.So no headache either.

Cya.
Old 9th September 2004, 01:27   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The mags in the first pic r excellent. I think u checked all these out at Saifee tyres ? Anyways those first ones r the ones i choose for a close frnd of mine 2 yrs back for his lancer , at that time it were extremly rare which was the best part but now they r all over.The ones i choose were abit diff, if its u r getting them from Saifee tell him u want to see the KC racing mags they look similar to these but instead r 10 spoke and lesser chrome finish and more towards the matt finish type, they look excellent, not sure if they have it in 14 inch but u can check.
Old 9th September 2004, 18:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

YUP AT SAIFEE.....

and now i thut lets find out the reason for the front tyres wearing out on the insides.

took it to my regular tyre guy and asked him whether the tyre wear out was due to the alignment gone awry or due to a suspension problem ??

after a thorough check , the alignment was found to be faulty and i rotated the tyres and got the alignment done. this is done only to cross check if the alignment was indeed faulty !

if the guy doesnt tell me about the suspension problem it might blow into a major repair later !!!

so i am thinking of doing around 1000 kms with these tyres and rechecking whether it really was a faulty alignment or another problem !

what say guys ? your take on this ?

cheers
Old 9th September 2004, 19:16   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (normally_crazy @ Sep. 09 2004,16:53)]so i am thinking of doing around 1000 kms with these tyres and rechecking whether it really was a faulty alignment or another problem !

what say guys ? your take on this ?
Hey NC,

Well im not sure 1000km would show any noticeable wear on your tires which i guess still have quite some tread left on the sides that are gonna be worn out if the problem still persists...

When you got the alignment done did the guy see how far off it was from the neccessary setting? If that adds up then it most probably is an alignment problem..... but otherwise it wouldnt hurt to get the authorized service station, or someone who is very well versed with ikons to give the suspension a look at. (Im assuming u have no suspension problems up front and have never had any work done on it right?)

cya
R
Old 9th September 2004, 19:32   #22
Team-BHP Support

I remember reading the ACI report on buying used Ikon's. It mentioned uneven tyre wear on the front tyres as a common problem.

You can usually make out when you suspension is shot. You will get a knocking noise from your struts when you go over rough surfaces. Also, if your tie rod ends are gone, you will hear a noise when you turn the wheel over a certain distance. If you're not getting any of these problems, its probably just the aligment.

Doing a 1000Km will not really show any minor alignment problems. If you do notice unevan wear after just a 1000 Km, then you have a serious alignment problem!

BTW, is the rear camber/toe adjustable on an Ikon?

Rt
Old 11th September 2004, 14:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

fellas,

the alignment was out ( big time ) dunno how...checked the alloys they r perfect no damage or anything. interchanged the tyres....froont to back and vice versa.

now i have decided to wait till this month end for the rains to finish and then go in for the tyre change.

cheers
Old 11th September 2004, 15:43   #24
bhp
BHPian

hey how much do an 15'' alloys cost and wat tyres are recommended for them according to the indian road conditions
are they available with the indian alloy companies like neon and aura
Old 12th September 2004, 04:11   #25
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Today while I was at Opera House I saw a new Accord with sexy OZ racing alloys..man they were just awesome..soo sporty looking..18inchers...pity I didn't have a cam with me.
Old 12th September 2004, 14:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] tell him u want to see the KC racing mags
hey sahil,

saw those kc mags on a skoda in chembur ..looked fab !!
Old 13th September 2004, 01:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey rj

Its the same 5 spoked OZ alloyed dark grey accord rite? It was outside my college the other day. Looked real mean.

Revv
Old 13th September 2004, 02:08   #28
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Revv,
Oops..i dont remember the color of the car ..but yes they were 5 spokes...really mean..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks