Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 18:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yokohama launches Geolandar A/T in its 20th avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Kosfactor. But @WasavaTyres is a "tyre-man". He himself says difficult. Unless dealer + company person are in a good, willing mood - it may not not happen.
There are cracks where the thread is bonded to the rest of the tire from your picture as well as it has gone all the way down to the side wall. To me it looks like the tire was going to de-laminate.

The tire company sends the technician to inspect and then a nearby dealer will help with replacement as per the agreed terms. I hope Yoko follows the same. Lets give it a shot, email them with a few pictures if needed of all tires : customercare@yokohama-india.com.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 18:44   #17
BHPian

That fissure / cut / crack hasn't materialized out of nowhere. Look around it, there are injury marks on the tyre. Something has caused this, which only the driver / user can recall.
Also, if it were a smaller sized tyre like say a swift - the company + dealer can offer a goodwill replacement (sole discretion of the service engineer, as he has a fixed budget allocation for the entire year for such adjustments )

But for anything beyond 16" as the monetary value is high, in most cases goodwill cases aren't entertained.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama launches Geolandar A/T in its 20th avatar-inkedyoko_li.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 20:18   #18
BHPian

This is great news. I have Yokohamas A/T GO 12s on my 2016 Gypsy and I'm really impressed by these tires.

I think one aspect which is not being emphasized by Yokohama India's website is that these tires in the new avatar carry the "Mountain Snowflake" which gives these a "Severe Snow Service" rating; not relevant for a large majority of tire buyers in India but definitely important for folks living in Northern environs of Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, J&K, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, etc. where there is substantial snowfall and wintertime temperatures dip below 7C, a critical threshold where the conventional tire compound starts to harden thereby resulting in reduced traction, steering control & braking.

A "Severe Snow Service Rated" tire in these geographies will be really helpful and can in some situations save your life.

This tire in its newer avatar will also provide tough competition to the newly launched BFG KO2s.

Yokohama launches Geolandar A/T in its 20th avatar-geolandar-go15.jpg

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 4th December 2020 at 20:19. Reason: Addition of content
Vikram Arya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 21:42   #19
BHPian

I am planning to change tyres of my Scorpio to Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. I heard that these tyres have weak sidewalls. I do offroading occasionally. I was wondering if the weak sidewall issue is still existing in these tyres. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 31st January 2022, 06:00   #20
BHPian

Zeroed in on the Geolandar g015's for my Fortuner back in July. I've driven through some really bad roads and these tyres have taken quite a hit but they persevered. Go for them
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:49   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Though I had some doubts about the G015's earlier (see above posts), I went for G015 again today, when one of the tyres gave up to an old puncture. Got two for now from Tyre Professionals Basavanagudi, and will get another pair later.

Good to see that the G015's now come with unconditional 5 year warranty (or upto 50% tread life).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks