Team-BHP - 15" Alloys for my Optra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   15" Alloys for my Optra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/1930-15-alloys-my-optra.html)

Hey guys,
I'm planning for 15inch rim for my Optra.
Help me to get a good one. Anybody know about a brand called LEAGUE? How is that? Other one is NEO.
In Bangalore every shop is giving different price for LEAGUE.
I suppose these are grey market supply and that's the reason everybody is trying to make as much as possible. Today in three shops I got three different price tags. Firstshop-28000/-. Second shop-26000/- and the third one takes the cake-32000/-. All these prices are for LEAGUE 065 15inch chrome rim.

I like to put chrome rims and think it'll look good in my black car.Tyres have to be new of course. Seen Goodyear 205/50. Like it.
These kind of designs I'm looking for.These are NEO products

Comments. Suggestions. Advices please.

Hey Rudra,

i suggest going in for a good Indian brand instead of the many nameless grey market ones. Many reasons for that such as
1. Indian ones come made to suit the OE offset
2. They come with a warranty
3. Usually better quality that the usual imports
4. Cheaper. A set of 5 15" would retail for less than Rs.20,000/-
6. You could buy a single wheel incase of some damage.

I like the chrome wheels from Neo and they look awesome on black cars. Very bling indeed!

However...dont you think a heavier design would suit the car better, as the Optra has a rather heavy rear, these thin multispokes don't impart a solid effect. ofcoure, thats just my thought!

Rt

Hey i liked the 2nd one. Dunno much about alloys but i've heard OZ wheels are pretty good and they look good too. BTW doesn't the Optra come with alloys??

One prob with this combo is that it may spoil the ride quality of your car a bit, but the handling will improve a great deal.

Regards..
Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Sep. 06 2004,17:24)]Anybody know about a brand called LEAGUE? How is that? Other one is NEO.

Hey Rudra,

League..well i have definitely heard of the brand......and WOW.. the LG065 are one of my favourite alloy designs... u gotta see them on a lancer!

(although i thikn theres a 12spoke version which looks a little better...donno what its called).

Neo, is the indian make.... they give a warranty i believe...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Today in three shops I got three different price tags. Firstshop-28000/-. Second shop-26000/- and the third one takes the cake-32000/-.

Friggin ridiculous IMO !!!!! donno if its becoz its banglore or what!?!? (also maybe because you want the chrome finish)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I like to put chrome rims and think it'll look good in my black car.

My advice is stay away from the chrome finish.... itll look too "bling bling" on an optra...kinda outta place as well... and not to mention they require a lot more maintainance/cleaning.
Go for the "hypersilver" (basically reular silver)...that looks good, and much easier to keep looking good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Seen Goodyear 205/50. Like it.

Which goodyears? are you considering 195 at all?

Also, when buying alloys make sure you get the SAME PCD as the optra requires.....and also a similar if not same offset.

cya
R

ps - one of my friends has some really awesome looking alloys on her optra....i will try and get more info or maybe a pic and let you know.

Thanks rtech,
all your points are very positive. The NEO wheels as I posted may not look that thin in reality. But if they're then I've see some more. Any comments on the tyre front?

Yes Shan2nu,
my Optra came with alloy but I find that tooo bland. Not to mention the 14inch size.

Yes Rehaan,
this is the rim what I saw.

"Hypersilver" is nice idea. I need to check. Yes I'll surely check the PCD and offset. Thanks for reminding. I'm not too bothered about maintainance/cleaning. That's one area * *Goodyear 205/50 is the one with 'V' shape tread pattern. 195, I haven't seen today but will check out.

hey rudra
leauge is an good comapny
but stcik to neo or aura, as they have a 2 year warranty and u get single wheels if u need anytime
with imported ones like hr and leauge, u will have to buy the entire set

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Goodyear 205/50 is the one with 'V' shape tread pattern.

Professori Rudra

The tyres u referring to are goodyear eagle f-1s. My suggestion is to avoid any of the older gen goodyear eagles currently circulating in the market and go for the new Goodyear Eagles F-1 D3 tyres. Do remember this spec while asking around. These tyres are anywhere b/w 20-30% better than the outgoing F-1s and are marginally more expensive, if not substantially.

Also since you are in Bangalore, check out Falkens. These are very good makes and cost slightly less than F-1s. Till sometime back, they were pretty much in demand in Bangalore over the outgoing gen F-1s, majorly due to their superior ride quality.

Check more on the D3 in the July/August issues of Overdrive and BS Motoring. There is a whole article on em'.

Happy Hunting pal

Revv

P.S. Leagues can also be sourced from Thailand for around 20k or even lesser for a set of 5. Check if you can source it thru someone, or know someone in customs who can clear ur wheels out. But if u wanna play it safe, go for the Indian made ones. If you are hell bent on getting imported rims, the safest one would be OZ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Sep. 06 2004,18:02)]i've heard OZ wheels are pretty good and they look good too. BTW doesn't the Optra come with alloys??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Sep. 06 2004,)]
If you are hell bent on getting imported rims, the safest one would be OZ.

Umm...i think that OZ alloys are INCREDIBLY expensive... and IF you get them for cheap...they probably arent genuine!

cya
R

i like both of them but i will pick the bottom one i think. think its called matrix right, its kewl. league dunno where its from. go for neo quite good as well. 26k is high man is it jus alloys of with tyres its 26k. i remember hunting for alloys too. u know what there should be sticky for this topic. where do you get the best alloys and tyres in mumbai or india. pics with prices welcome too. how much are those 2 neos selling for neways? gimme the price for the alloys only.

rudra sir, checkout bridgestone potenza g3 too,they r reallygoood tyres and not that expensive

Hey Rudra, After talking to ya, I inquired about league. And its actually a great brand for alloy wheels in our market.

I really dont believe in owning Indian alloys just for the warranty etc. I personally hate the NEO designs and finishing. Have used imported alloys in all my cars since 1996 (More than 5 sets) and have not had one issue. Despite highway driving, off roading (only in the Jeep) and covering about 4,00,000 cumulative kilometers on imported alloys.

I second Rehaan. That LG065 looks amazing.

GTO

Hey how abt the same type of wheels (LG065) which are black colored on the inside and only the spokes are silver?

league - awesome wheels, better yet in hyper black. not all models have a hyper black variant but they look kool. if you come by race course road, just drop in to high point apartments and there is a optra standing there with league alloy wheels, looks good, will post pics tomorrow.

Rudra ,

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I really dont believe in owning Indian alloys just for the warranty etc. I personally hate the NEO designs and finishing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Also since you are in Bangalore, check out Falkens. These are very good makes and cost slightly less than F-1s.

i have visited neo factory, nothing much to write about their factory as well as the design. my santro had JD racing alloys ( 3 spoke) with 175/70 R13 falkens. neither the alloys nor the tyre gave me any problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Professori Rudra, chrome alloys on black optra !

well i wud call u RAPPER RUDRA after that !!!

my personal opinion - chrome looks toooo JHATAK for a black colored car. I also am in some doubt how the LG065 will look on an optra. the optra isnt a racy design by any means ..someone please photoshop those LG's ona black optra..please ??

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (killjoy @ Sep. 07 2004,12:28)]there is a optra standing there with league alloy wheels, looks good, will post pics tomorrow.

Hey Killjoy,

Please do that!...looking forward to seeing how they look on the optra....also plz make note of alloy & tire size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I also am in some doubt how the LG065 will look on an optra.

I agree with NC on this....as much as i love the LG065s i still wonder how they will look on the optra.

Rudraji, i will get u pics of my friends optra....lovely alloys but light blue car

cya
R