Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 12:26   #1
BHPian

manufacturing process for Indian conditions..?

Note from mod - Started a new thread for this query, originally in this thread

Ok i have a bit of a selfish interest in this post though did not think it appropriate to start a new thread.. So if this seems a bit off topic pls do excuse!

But first a query related to the post and then maybe I could move into my selfish query...
1. The only wheels that are road tested and approved for Indian conditions are Aura and Neo which are approved by ARAI, Pune.. My question.. how good are the alloys manufactured by these Taiwanese/Malaysian factories when compared to Aura purely in terms of the manufacturing processes and suitability to Indian (I'll go one up..Bangalore) road conditions... ??

2. I am getting some footwear for my car so have been looking at loads of designs.
A shop I visited just got a new catalogue for Kyowa racing alloys.. these are among the brands that show up in the european and american dealers lists.. (he is selling them at the same rates as League/BSA/Lenso/Plati) so was wondering how do I ensure that this is the real stuff..

The Mag was with me and mag u wud agree when I say that catalogue he had was pretty neat..

The reason I have some doubts brewing is because this guy at Pit Stop took out this plastic bag with the cap fittings of all brands under the sky.. then he went on to tell me that some dealers would just fit the caps onto the wheels and sell them as a BSA or a League or a plati or whatever..
He was promoting Lenso like its no ones business.. He went on to feed me some (bull?) about how Lenso had their stampings done in some special way so they cudn't be duplicated..
Is there any truth to this at all?!!
Has anyone heard anything about duplicate alloys being sold in Bangalore?

and anyone here using Kyowa on their ride?

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th December 2006 at 11:56.
Old 7th December 2006, 12:59   #2
BANNED

Mr. MC!!!
The first mistake is to go Hottracks to buy anything for your car!

Your query is decent enough for a new thread I think. It can be well put into the tyres and alloys section.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:45   #3
BHPian

Speedzak.. hows the beard doing partner..and I haven't visited hottracks..
The car shringar guy seems pretty genuine.. thats where Mag has got his stuff done from..

So do I need to remove the post and start a new thread or do the mods take care of that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks