Team-BHP - Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/194787-review-buying-tyres-amazon-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 4675140)
I picked up 205/60 R16 for 6.8K from the nearest official dealer. That includes new valves, fitting and nitrogen top up charges. Why spend more online when you can strike a good deal with authorized dealers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740

Any idea how much they're charging for P4ST 205/55 R16? 205/55 is around 9k in most places. That's over 2k more expensive than what you paid for 205/60.

Another friend bought 205/55/R16 Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 for his Fiat Linea from Amazon during the last sale for ₹5843/tyre (after discounts). :thumbs up

Ordered placed with seller Autodrome based in Chennai and he got 2419 manufactured tyres. Even Autodrome contact center is good, he says

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img20191024wa0033.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img20191024wa0032.jpg

Positive experience buying from TyreWallas :

I bought 3 Yokohama Earth1 195/60 R15 for ~₹3500 from Amazon India seller TyreWallas (Premji Tyre Plus, Thane) during a sale. I messaged the seller and confirmed the week of manufacturing before going ahead with the order. They sent 1519, 2919, 3019 tyres. :thumbs up

TyreWallas had only 3 tyres in stock. So, I decided to wait and order.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img_20191025_173603.jpg

Bad experience buying from Autodrome seller :

Bought the 4th tyre from Amazon India seller Autodrome (based in Chennai) during the latest sale for ~₹4000. I was assured that he'll ship the latest 2019 stock, but he sent me 4018 tyre, an year old tyre. Had I been home, could have verified the week of manufacture and refused the delivery. :Frustrati

I had a quick chat with the Amazon Customer Care. Though the order was Amazon fulfilled, they asked me to take it up with the seller. Reason : Tyre delivered is Yokohama Earth1 of the correct size and the product page does not mention about 2019 manufactured tyre. For them, week of manufacture is immaterial. The seller Autodrome was quick to respond and offered apologies atleast :

Quote:

Our sincere apologies. Unfortunately, the recent delivery received from Yokohama are from late 2018. Please be rest assured that the product quality is not affected and warranty is from the date of our invoice.

Thanks & Regards,
Team Autodrome
To sum up my first online tyre buying experience, it's a mixed bag.

I am awaiting tyre delivery tomorrow from Autodrome (Yoko Earth 185/70/14) and was wondering about tyre fitment. Can I just go to a tyre puncture shop at a bunk and get them fitted? I don't think I need balancing (HRS alloys never needed one until now and once a balancer told me not to go for it) and planning to go for alignment later once Covid settles. Car won't be driven during Covid.

Does Rs 300/350 /tyre fitment generally include balancing and alignment? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by heysac (Post 4916159)
Does Rs 300/350 /tyre fitment generally include balancing and alignment?

Few days back I went to install internal TPMS sensors. They charged me Rs. 1,000/- for sensor installation and balancing of four wheels. I did for not opt wheel alignment, which I will do during regular servicing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heysac (Post 4916159)
I am awaiting tyre delivery tomorrow from Autodrome (Yoko Earth 185/70/14

I got the tyre delivery, unfortunately the tyres are not brand new and seem to be driven a little, they are dirty and all the beads are not intact! :Frustrati Is this normal and shall I accept them? I remember that the tyre shops exchange tyres from new vehicles within a few hundred kms. The good thing is tyres are August 2020 manufactured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heysac (Post 4916487)
I got the tyre delivery, unfortunately the tyres are not brand new and seem to be driven a little, they are dirty and all the beads are not intact! :Frustrati Is this normal and shall I accept them? I remember that the tyre shops exchange tyres from new vehicles within a few hundred kms. The good thing is tyres are August 2020 manufactured.

Earth1 doesn't come OEM in any car AFAIK.

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4916492)
Earth1 doesn't come OEM in any car AFAIK.

Regards,
Shashi

That's what I think. It is likely tried by someone before and replaced. I mentioned that since this is a similar situation. Should I go for replacement or return? The price is too good and replacement might result in a similar situation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by heysac (Post 4916495)
That's what I think. It is likely tried by someone before and replaced. I mentioned that since this is a similar situation. Should I go for replacement or return? The price is too good and replacement might result in a similar situation!

If the tires appear used just process a refund through Amazon and go to a good tire shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heysac (Post 4916487)

I want to correct the post that the tyres were actually new. They were just dirty. However, Amazon still helped with the refund.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heysac (Post 4923929)
I want to correct the post that the tyres were actually new. They were just dirty. However, Amazon still helped with the refund.

You could have contacted the Seller and asked if he is able to commit to replacement with newer stock if the deal was good. Some of the reliable sellers respond quickly and clarify.

My friend went to Autodrome, GP Road, Chennai to buy the Continental UC6 195/55/R16 and he finalized the deal for 26.5K for 4 Tyres.

Negative bits about Autodrome:
  1. Autodrome din't agree to take the old tyres. One of the tyre side wall was damaged and that is the reason why he wanted to change all the 4 tyres. But 3 tyres were in good condition as it ran only 40K KMS
  2. Autodrome did not do wheel alignment
  3. Most annoying part was that the Autodrome did not provide the invoice copy. They send my friend back by saying that they will share the copy through email/whatsup . It did not happen even after 10 days with several follow ups !

I wanted to share the above review to make sure if any of you visiting this shop to talk to them clearly before signing for the deal.

My obvious recommendation for my Friend was Michelin. But it seems none of the major shops have Michelin stock due to pandemic related issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmsithan (Post 4933933)
I wanted to share the above review to make sure if any of you visiting this shop to talk to them clearly before signing for the deal.

My obvious recommendation for my Friend was Michelin. But it seems none of the major shops have Michelin stock due to pandemic related issues.

Stick to Siremull Hirachand on Greams Road. One of the oldest tyre shops in the city, and excellent service. They are Michelin dealers, but during this sort of shortage (which is more due to customs delays clearing anything from China, and Michelin supplies arrive from their China based factory) they'll also provide Continental and other brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmsithan (Post 4933933)

Same information from 4 different authorized Michelin dealers in Hyderabad and 1 in Bangalore too.

Just placed an order for 4 x Yokohama Earth-1 185/65 R14 for my Etios Liva from Amazon. 3 were from TyreWallas, and the 4th from SHIV TRADING#. Based on previous posts, I had no doubt regarding TyreWallas but Shiv Trading appears new, however the seller feedback comments seemed decent.

Amazon price was Rs 4325 x 3 + Rs 4320 x 1, however total came to Rs 15.5k after an ongoing OneCard cash back offer (10%)

Will update the post with more details, once the tyres are delivered.