Team-BHP - Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/194787-review-buying-tyres-amazon-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 5316196)
Opted for Amazon again for Continental UC6s.

Contacted Seller Dhyani Tyres around April end, and he promised to deliver March 22 make tyres. ...Would highly recommend the seller and he is as good as the reputed ones on Amazon like TyreWallas and TyreExperts. Since the seller wasn't on Prime(but tyre was delivered by Amazon Transportation services), I was a bit apprehensive, but everything went smoothly.

Post delivery, he himself contacted me for warranty registration. For Continental, I had to send him pics of Barcode, vehicle model, registration number and Odo reading. Received the message immediately.

Hi Leoshashi,
I was looking for new 16 inch tyres on Amazon with your inputs but couldn't find the seller that you bought from. The only Prime option was The Tyre Expert. Are they the same TyreExperts that you had mentioned here?
Then, though I could see a 100% positive feedback, I came across these recent and serious negative(but redressed I think) feedback on the seller. Some mentioned about tyre blast and others said the seller had erased out the bar code for warranty registration even. Another buyer said he'll be posting about his bad experience here on the forum. Now that's worrying and I'm really confused with whether or not to buy online at all. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalex77 (Post 5356065)
Hi Leoshashi,
I was looking for new 16 inch tyres on Amazon with your inputs but couldn't find the seller that you bought from. The only Prime option was The Tyre Expert. Are they the same TyreExperts that you had mentioned here?
Then, though I could see a 100% positive feedback, I came across these recent and serious negative(but redressed I think) feedback on the seller. Some mentioned about tyre blast and others said the seller had erased out the bar code for warranty registration even. Another buyer said he'll be posting about his bad experience here on the forum. Now that's worrying and I'm really confused with whether or not to buy online at all. :confused:

Just checked, the seller Dhyani tyres from whom I bought, seems to have been unlisted from the seller's list, for reasons unknown. They were quite honest.

BHPian Captain Slow had that issue of bar code being erased when he ordered Continentals from Tyre expert. Based on his experience, I'd say it's quite a risk. Although I had no issue when I had ordered Yokos from the same seller for my brother's XL6.

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 5356079)
Just checked, the seller Dhyani tyres from whom I bought, seems to have been unlisted from the seller's list, for reasons unknown. They were quite honest.

BHPian Captain Slow had that issue of bar code being erased when he ordered Continentals from Tyre expert. Based on his experience, I'd say it's quite a risk. Although I had no issue when I had ordered Yokos from the same seller for my brother's XL6.

Regards,
Shashi

So then I'll start calling/visiting local tyre dealers.

I called the first shop in town a few minutes back. Asked him about availability and price of both UC6s and Earth Ones, he said both can be had for under ₹8k/piece(UC6 195/60R16 will be ₹7399/piece for me on Amazon at the moment) and that he will need some time to check the actual price since the tyres are in his godown or maybe he thinks I'm trying to compare prices and don't want to reveal prices unless I'm a confirmed buyer.

He then said that UC6 will be some ₹500/piece extra over Earth Ones and added that Earth Ones are still actually tougher with better warranty for even
cases of sidewall damage after hitting rocks or stones and that Continental doesn't have warranty for sidewall damage which are a result of contact with stones.

He also told me that UC6 is better on ride comfort but with less durable/ softer sidewalls. Now I do ride over bad broken patches of roads at times with chances of stones hitting the sidewalls. But since I hail from a state which has wet weather throughout the year barring a few dry months, I prefer a tyre that has more wet weather grip and braking. I mean we can replace a damaged tyre but the risk of losing grip on a wet road when we need it most is a thousand times more dangerous.

So guess it would be better for me if I too go for the UC6 like you did right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalex77 (Post 5356122)
So then I'll start calling/visiting local tyre dealers.

I called the first shop in town a few minutes back. Asked him about availability and price of both UC6s and Earth Ones, he said both can be had for under ₹8k/piece(UC6 195/60R16 will be ₹7399/piece for me on Amazon at the moment) and that he will need some time to check the actual price since the tyres are in his godown or maybe he thinks I'm trying to compare prices and don't want to reveal prices unless I'm a confirmed buyer.

He then said that UC6 will be some ₹500/piece extra over Earth Ones and added that Earth Ones are still actually tougher with better warranty for even
cases of sidewall damage after hitting rocks or stones and that Continental doesn't have warranty for sidewall damage which are a result of contact with stones.

He also told me that UC6 is better on ride comfort but with less durable/ softer sidewalls. Now I do ride over bad broken patches of roads at times with chances of stones hitting the sidewalls. But since I hail from a state which has wet weather throughout the year barring a few dry months, I prefer a tyre that has more wet weather grip and braking. I mean we can replace a damaged tyre but the risk of losing grip on a wet road when we need it most is a thousand times more dangerous.

So guess it would be better for me if I too go for the UC6 like you did right?

Yes, added benefit is the super silent characteristics of the UC6. Earth1 is extremely noisy. The UC6 is not as fragile either.

Regards,
Shashi

Just made my first online tyre purchase from Amazon.

A horrible experience

Ordered four tyres received only two, many calls had to be made for the reimbursement of the non-delivered tyres. The delivered tyres were two years old and had manufacturing dates of 2020. Amazon simply declined any further solution, stating an expired time frame, despite myself calling them right on the day of delivery itself. The ordered tyres were nothing fancy or high-end, just ordinary 165/65/r14 Apollo tyres.

The purchase was made only because the item was listed as returnable for all reasons. The online purchase decision was also favoured by the convenience of having it home delivered and taking it to my preferred fitment centre. Have to say that the marginally lower prices also were a temptation. Adding insult to injury, not just the return was denied, there was an obvious change in tone in customer care communications towards the end, blaming me for the whole fiasco.

To sum it up; go to your local store, maybe you'll need to pay a few hundreds more or wait a few days for your desired tyre to be sourced. But you will have peace of mind, your safety and someone answerable to you, as bonuses. As for my ordeal, I have to cut my losses and move on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crdi (Post 5388502)
Just made my first online tyre purchase from Amazon.
A horrible experience

Sorry for your bad experience but did you contact the seller using the Amazon messaging option and check for the data on the manufacturing dates of the tires ? This is a safe way to proceed when buying tires online. Do go thru this video as well >

I don't think Amazon is the best place to buy tyres, there are much better and cheaper prices available on online portals which deliver tyres much more professionally than Amazon does. I had a very pleasant experience with tyremarket.com for delivery of tyres for my Renault Kwid. Do try it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 5388876)
Sorry for your bad experience but did you contact the seller using the Amazon messaging option and check for the data on the manufacturing dates of the tires ? This is a safe way to proceed when buying tires online.

Didn't contact the seller prior to purchase, as 2022 made tyres were promised to other buyers. Also, being listed as "returnable for all reasons" was confidence inspiring. The trust factor was more with Amazon rather than with a random/unknown seller. Never thought Amazon would wash their hands off!

Needed set of 4 Continental UC6 185/70 R14 Tyres for my Swift, Scouted the Udupi as well as Mangalore District but couldn't find the latest stock and moreover the price was pretty steep ranging from ₹5900-₹6500. Since I've seen BHPians order tyres over Amazon, I thought I'll give it a shot provided Its possible to reach out to the seller and get a good rate.

Amazon prices were hovering around the ₹5300 for each tyre. What grabbed my eye was the 10% card discount. Messaged the seller Tyre Mandi asking for his number, got in touch with him and he sent photos of the tyres MFG.

Main thing was how to go about for the warranty, The seller assured me that the tyres can be easily registered for warranty and if any warranty claims arise then it can be settled with the continental dealer in my locality.

Now, I had to verify his claim, opened the continental website and found two dealers at my locality , Rang them up and asked about warranty, they mentioned as long the tyres are registered and invoice is present they would have not have any issues in claiming warranty if any issue arises.

Immediately messaged the seller that I will be placing 2 orders of 2 tyres. This was done to ensure maximum discount using different Credit Cards.
The seller was very prompt and sent me photos of the Tyres mfg date as well as the invoice via Email. He had 0223 mfg tyres and I was happy to take them. I'm yet to recieve the Tyres.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img20230522wa0007.jpeg
Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img20230524wa0041-1.jpg
Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img20230524wa0037.jpg

Price quoted locally ₹5900 * 4tyres = ₹23600
Price paid on Amazon ₹5300 * 4tyres= ₹21200 - ₹2000(Credit card offer)
Total Paid: ₹19200

The seller was very prompt, Highly recommend to contact him via Whatsapp incase of any queries.
Contact Details: +91 9163563484
Name: Agniva Paul
GMaps Location: https://goo.gl/maps/x4XDkU7bgccAuNjK6

Has anyone faced issues in getting warranty registered for tyres online? Amazon, Flipkart, Tyrewaale? I am looking at CEAT Secura Drive, Apollo Apterra Cross or Good Year Triple Assurance for my Skoda Superb.

Friends,
I have a S cross, 6 years old , done 41K. Looking to change the tyres though the tyres can still go for another few thousand. Can you please suggest which would be the best ones.
Thanks

Bought Apollo Alnac 4G through Amazon.
Got some used bald tyres instead.

I dodged the bullet by opening the package before paying.
Even the delivery partners were surprised to see a dirty set of tyres.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img_20231023_104724.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img_20231023_104812.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haroun (Post 5648550)
Bought Apollo Alnac 4G through Amazon.
Got some used bald tyres instead.

My god. These unscrupulous sellers are making the whole fun of buying online shoddy and dangerous. I am glad you could save yourself the trouble of proving that you indeed got a used set of tyres and fighting for your refund.