Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2021, 15:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Just placed an order for 4 x Yokohama Earth-1
Isn't the Earth 1 the older model which is now succeeded by the later BluEarth AE Series?
Old 29th August 2021, 16:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Isn't the Earth 1 the older model which is now succeeded by the later BluEarth AE Series?
Think they both run side by side. Kind of like Continental ComfortContact CC6 and UltraContact UC6.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 23:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Just placed an order for 4 x Yokohama Earth-1 185/65 R14 for my Etios Liva from Amazon. 3 were from TyreWallas, and the 4th from SHIV TRADING#.
Received all 4 tyres over last two days, and they all appear to be manufactured in the recent months. Oldest was from Tyre Walls, end of May 2021. Shiv Trading appears to be tyre dealer from Surat, Gujarat.

Although, the listing by Tyre Wallas showed fulfilled by Amazon, it didn't appear the tyres were in an Amazon warehouse, as the tracking history showed pickup scheduled and pickup scans.

Quote:
Tyre Wallas
#1 - YM06-EMN3121 - Week 31, 2021 - Aug 8, 2021
#2 - YM06-EMN2921 - Week 29, 2021 - July 25, 2021
#3 - YM06-EMN2121 - Week 21, 2021 - May 30, 2021

Shiv Trading
#1 - YM06-EMN2421 - Week 24, 2021 - June 20, 2021
It seemed odd that manufacturing dates of the tyres from TyreWallas were all over the place, I'd have expected all three tyres from the same batch, but no big deal.

With respect to the packing, TyreWallas had the tyre wrapped in transparent sticky tape so it leaves a bit of residue when removed. Shiv Trading had it wrapped with stretch wrap, but only a thin film layer. Both included a piece of paper with a number to call to register for the warranty.

After my first order, I decided to change the spare tyre too (Amazon Business site had a 20% cashback offer going, combined with OneCard cashback, got the last tyre for 3k ), so placed another order from Tyre Wallas. It is yet to be delivered, expected delivery is tomorrow. So once I receive the last tyre, will go get it fixed.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img_20210827_100323.jpg
varkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 22:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Bought the front tyre for my bike from Amazon.in around 1.5 years back under COD. Was returnable within 10 days. Delivered by cloudtail the next day. Was a recently manufactured tyre, packed well. Got the fitment done at a nearby shop.
Overall happy with the experience.
adisan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 10:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

I followed my own Guidelines again in October and ordered the Continental UC6 on Amazon India. I needed to replace just one spare tire which had crossed the 6.5 year mark. As Michelin P4ST was not available anywhere where I checked, finalized on the UC6.

I had shortlisted on the following:
1. Continental Ultra Contact 6
2. Yokohoma BluEarth AE51 GT
3. MRF Perfinza

After some research, I finalized the UC6. Ordered on Amazon after checking with multiple sellers on the Manufacturing Date with the Seller who promised the latest.

Finally, also checked the Tire at the time of delivery and then only provided the OTP to the Delivery Boy. It is possible to see the Manufacturing Date on the Tire as Amazon sends Tires with Plastic Packaging. Hence, it is possible to also refuse delivery if we get outdated tires.

Here is a detailed video on the same:
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 10:58   #66
BHPian

One question. If you buy tyres from Amazon, would you get some amount for the old tires while you change them at the local shop? Since all the tyre shops want us to buy tyres from their shops.
Old 1st November 2021, 11:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
One question. If you buy tyres from Amazon, would you get some amount for the old tires while you change them at the local shop? Since all the tyre shops want us to buy tyres from their shops.
I bought a set of car tyres from tyresnmore. They offered to take the old tyres, but for free. I later tried contacting local puncture shops and retreading shops. But none of them were prepared to buy the old tyres.

This was even though none of the tyres had any bulges or tears.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 11:12   #68
BHPian

Quote:
After some research, I finalized the UC6 ]
Off topic,what factors favoured UC6 over the other brands. I am also contemplating between Michelin, continental, Yokohama.
Old 1st November 2021, 11:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I went to Madhus Tyre Center in Wilson Garden, Bengaluru to get the Tyre fit onto the Wheel. I enquired there and they called someone who came and purchased the older Michelin tire of same spec for ₹300/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Off topic,what factors favoured UC6 over the other brands. I am also contemplating between Michelin, continental, Yokohama.
I have always used Michelin Tyres since many years now. Unfortunately Michelin tires in 15 inch spec were not available when I checked anywhere in Bangalore (called almost 7 outlets). If Michelin was available - it would have been Michelin Primacy 4ST without a second thought... In fact, I am on Michelin Primacy 4ST for the rest of the tires on the car.

Based on reviews on this forum, Yokohoma tires tend to become noisy after 20K kms and hence dropped those. No idea if the noise issue has been eliminated in the newer BluEarth AE51 GT series.

MRF Perfinza was like a last option - have seen very good reviews for it but still I somehow felt going for Conti would be better and ended up buying the Conti UC6.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
MRF Perfinza was like a last option - have seen very good reviews for it but still I somehow felt going for Conti would be better and ended up buying the Conti UC6.
How is UC6 vs Primacy 4ST? Do you stack UC6 lesser to Michelin? Can you share any feedback.
Old 8th December 2021, 19:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Ceat Secura Neo 90/100-10 53J Tubeless tyre from Amazon.in for my Honda Activa. Placed order on 4 Dec and delivered on 7 Dec. Tyre is one year old with manufacturing date 4820. Due to this, I may prefer to buy my car tyres from a local tyre dealer where I can buy after checking manufacturing date.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img_20211207_120332.jpg  

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img_20211207_120946.jpg  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 11:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Bought a Ceat Secura Neo 90/100-10 53J Tubeless tyre from Amazon.in for my Honda Activa. Placed order on 4 Dec and delivered on 7 Dec. Tyre is one year old with manufacturing date 4820. Due to this, I may prefer to buy my car tyres from a local tyre dealer where I can buy after checking manufacturing date.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Did you email the Seller before placing the order? I think that has been the guideline recommended on this thread since the very first post when I started it.

If a Seller does not reply, then do not order from that Seller. Check my video where I have detailed the full process above -> (Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in)

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 12th December 2021 at 12:02.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 14:24   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought 4x 195/65R15 Yoko BluEarth1 AE51s for my brother's XL6 Automatic from Amazon, seller being Tyrewallas.

-Price quoted locally was around 6,900 per tyre. Price on Amazon after CC discounts and Amazon pay cashback was Rs.5,520

-I had messaged the seller before placing the order and he immediately confirmed the batch would be 1721.

-These AE51s are Made in India.

-Tyres got delivered in 6 days.

-Came wrapped in plastic tape.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20220417_161820.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20220417_161830.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20220417_163203.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20220417_163223.jpg

-Post delivery, I have pinged him with tyre pics and serial number for warranty registration. Hope it's done soon.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 21:05   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Opted for Amazon again for Continental UC6s. More details here: Link (Continental tyres)

Contacted Seller Dhyani Tyres around April end, and he promised to deliver March 22 make tyres. Decided to wait for Summer sale, for more Credit card offers.

Placed order on 7th, opted for separate Credit card for each tyre for maximum benefits. Thanks to BHPians and good friends who made this possible.

Price I paid for each tyre was Rs. 6530, which is a cool 3k less than what I was quoted locally. Also, the manufacturing DOT code was 1522, which means Mid April 2022 manufactured. Would highly recommend the seller and he is as good as the reputed ones on Amazon like TyreWallas and TyreExperts. Since the seller wasn't on Prime(but tyre was delivered by Amazon Transportation services), I was a bit apprehensive, but everything went smoothly.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20220513_101630.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20220513_101730.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20220513_103042.jpg

Post delivery, he himself contacted me for warranty registration. For Continental, I had to send him pics of Barcode, vehicle model, registration number and Odo reading. Received the message immediately.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-screenshot_20220513205859_messages.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 19:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
-Price quoted locally was around 6,900 per tyre. Price on Amazon after CC discounts and Amazon pay cashback was Rs.5,520

-I had messaged the seller before placing the order and he immediately confirmed the batch would be 1721.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Placed order on 7th, opted for separate Credit card for each tyre for maximum benefits. Thanks to BHPians and good friends who made this possible.
Superb Deals and smart move of using separate Card per purchase
Thanks for sharing!
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks