Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 12:59   #616

Re: Continental tyres

Got Conti UC 6 for my Octy 2017. Was running on stock Goodyear's, which lasted for 61K. Thanks every one for this thread, could make up my mind. Was originally planning for Michelins PS4. Initial impressions are good, anyways its wrong comparison with Goodyear's, which were on their last legs.
Ramukaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 17:07   #617
Senior - BHPian

I had to change 2 tyres for my A-star some time back and Michellin was not available. So I opted for Conticomfort. Wet grip seems to be at par with the Michellin for my usage (< 80kmph), but comfort is slightly less.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 12:22   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought these 5 Continental UC6s, 195/60R16s from Amazon.

Some Stats:

Price paid for each tyre: Rs. 6530 post discounts.
Batch: 15th Week of 2022, Mid April 2022!

Why not Offline:
-Was quoted Rs. 9400 per tyre, and the tyres were more than a year old.

Why not Michelin:
-Was concerned about Tyre cracking issues on P3ST which was the only option available in this size. Also, people who have used both opine that UC6s are way superior in every way. P4STs are better however, but they aren't available yet. Secondly, Michelins are hard to find and if any emergency happens and I need one tyre, I may not be able to find easily. Contis OTOH are Made in India and are easily available.

Continental tyres-20220513_101630.jpg

Continental tyres-20220513_101730.jpg

Continental tyres-20220513_103042.jpg

Continental tyres-20220513_103047.jpg

Warranty registration is pending, will post about my Amazon experience on dedicated thread.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 12:26   #619
BHPian

Great bargain I would say. These, along with the bigger rims, would take the XL 6 to the next level in terms of stance. Even I am considering these tyres for my car.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 09:26   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Why not Offline:
Has the cost for tyres skyrocketed in the last 6 months or something? Theses prices are absurd.

I bought 3 UC6 for my Ertiga albeit 15 inchers costing 5700/- each in november'21 and 1 UC6 for 5600/- a couple of months before.

The quoted offline prices would make me not wanna buy any new tyres right now.

Last edited by Doonite : 19th May 2022 at 09:35.
Doonite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 09:42   #621
BHPian

Quote:

Some Stats:

Why not Offline:

Warranty registration is pending, will post about my Amazon experience on dedicated thread.

Regards,
Shashi
Awesome price. Is it possible for you to share the name of the Amazon seller.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 10:13   #622
BHPian

Quote:

Some Stats:

Why not Offline:

I went through a similar exercise for my Nexon last month . I was almost finalised on Michelins P4 ST, but decided against at the last moment due to concerns on availability.

Went with UC6 on recommendation from the shop. For R16 215/60, it costed me close to 8,800 per tyre (after discounts). Total 4 tyres new and wheel balancing + alignment came to 38,500/-. Was it getting it at rs 500 less per tyre at Amazon , but since the difference was about 2K only, decided to buy at the store itself (Tyre empire, HSR)
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 10:47   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
Has the cost for tyres skyrocketed in the last 6 months or something? Theses prices are absurd.
Prices become high due to larger size(15 vs 16) and 195/60R16s are not exactly a common size like say 185/65R15 or 205/60R16. Thus they do command a slight premium even normally.

Having said that, the price quoted at store was indeed absurd, and this has to do more with the seller. M/s Kalra Tyres is the lone authorised seller of Continental tyres in my city and is known to be quite arrogant and charges quite a premium for this monopoly. Just to give you an idea, he gets irritated if you enquire about tyres twice and don't go ahead with the purchase. This is when he has 2-3 year old tyres and I guess I do have a choice there of not going ahead with the deal. Another case I remember was when BHPian Saket77 had issues with his Michelin XM1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
And to add to it, the attitude of the dealer has put me off entirely. When the authorised dealer has no interest in even personally looking at the damage, there is hardly anything left to discuss about the cause of failure. Yes, that's true that the dealer did not even came to see the tires even when the car was parked hardly 10 Metres from the chair he was sitting on despite my repeated requests. Do you expect such people to analyse the cause of failure?
Thus I was pretty sure of not going ahead with offline purchase this time, the main reason being the dealer himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Awesome price. Is it possible for you to share the name of the Amazon seller.
M/s Dhyani Tyres. I have posted about it here: Link (Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in)

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:38   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Bought these 5 Continental UC6s, 195/60R16s from Amazon..
Are these for your XL6? If so, changing the current tyres(195/65R15) and alloy setup?
Old 23rd May 2022, 20:02   #625
BHPian

Some updates on Continental CC6 tyres installed in my Wagon R Stingray in 175/65/14 size.

Today I was getting late for my class, my college is about 55kms away from my home. It was raining rather heavily in the morning but I had to drive hard (no other choice).

I was pleasantly surprised how good the wet grip is on these tyres. Never did I encounter any tyre squeal or felt that the car is unsettled even after cornering at speeds above 60km/h which is quite a lot for a Wagon R.

The car drove through puddles like it was no man's business. No matter how much rain I encountered, the car felt planted and begged for more and more. Braking never felt dangerous or overwhelming.

Once I was on the Noida Expressway, I went past almost all cars that were driving under the heavy rain. Maintaining 80-100km/h even under heavy rain felt manageable. And the car felt planted during the whole 55km ride. Reached the class with 10 mins to spare.

By no means these tyres make my car a sports car .
But the wet grip and braking performance under heavy rains left me pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by Rshrey22 : 23rd May 2022 at 20:03.
Rshrey22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 11:07   #626

Took the leap and got the UC6 195-60-R15 for my 2017 Honda city V yesterday, costed 5700 each, my 1st preference was MRF Prefinza but after contacting multiple MRF dealers the latest manufacturing date I could find was 34/21 so plan B was UC6 and I got a 11/22
manufactured tyre!

My feedback after a 100KM drive, there is definitely a lot of grip, stance of the car has changed, oddly the steering has become lighter but I do like the ride quality (feels like a different vehicle) and how quite the tyres are even at speeds around 80KMPH, but I do feel the sharp road edges creeping into the cabin and the dashboard rattling , I agree Honda's fit and finish are not that great and new owners too complain about the rattling.

I guess this is due to the tyre pressure, the dealer suggested to run them on 35 psi but I feel that's quite high, any suggestions on what should be the tyre pressure for both city and highway driving?
varunreddym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 11:55   #627
BHPian

Upgraded the Honda City tyres to 205/55r16 UC6. The ride is more 'planted' and smoother.
Fatter tyres look nice.
Exchanged stock ecopias by paying 20k for four tyres.

What should be the tyre pressure for the front and rear?
Old 31st May 2022, 11:57   #628

I am very much pleased with the UC6's performance!
Drove from Hyd to Blr this Sunday and am amazed on how quite they are at triple digit speeds, upgrading from 175/65/R15 to 185/65/r15 (earth 1) was ok but to 195/60/r15 changes the way the car drives!
I am glad I did this upgrade, I actually find a increase in mileage as my trip avg was 15.6 KMPL with my new city (Cruise control !!) where as my old city would give me an avg of 14KMPL on (175 section Earth 1)

Earlier it was running 35 PSi on both front and back as suggested by the dealer but the ride was on the firm side as I could feel the sharp edges, I then changed to 33 front and 31 rear and this was perfect for city roads but if planning for long trips I suggest 34-33.
It's very quite at triple digit speeds too, I could hear wind noise for the 1st time living with a City from 2014.
Breaking is on another level, I miss judged a speed breaker and had to hit the breaks hard and oh my, ABS did not get a chance to kick in

I would suggest this tyre to anyone no matter what you looking for, this has everything.
Upcoming trip Blr to Goa

Note: the dealer never sold a Continental till date, this was his 1st time so he is clue less on how to get me the warranty (still working with him on this)
varunreddym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:22   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
After much contemplation I finally went ahead with Continental CC LX2 235 65 R17s for my XUV500. They weren't my first choice but more due to lack of any other good HT SUV tires that are comfort oriented and low on noise. Michelin Primacy SUV in that size havnt been in supply for years.
Folks completed about 10K km on my Continental CCLX2 out of which 8400km is from my recent road trip from Bangalore to Leh and back . I would say they have certainly exceeded my expectation and I do not regret not being able to find Michelin Primacy SUV.

Though most of the driving was highway and decent roads in Leh region, but I did come across fair bit of bad roads, no roads, stone roads, mud paths, water crossings and CCLX2 took everything with aplomb. Only in handful of locations I lost traction and used momentum to get through since my car is a FWD. Road noise also remains very low. Barely hear anything till 100kmph and after that engine and wind noise sort of dominates.
supertinu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 07:28   #630
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Shashi
Interesting ..
In fact I too enquired at a Tyre dealer at Bangalore , I was quoted Rs 8.5k for the same tyre.
i.e. Continental UC6s, 195/60R16s

I am going to take delivery of my XL6 next week.
As for the buy back of the MRF Wanderer's he quoted 9.5k for all 4 tyres.

Btw even on Amazon I am not able to find the rate you got, could you please post the link if it is still available ?
Ps: you may even DM me if you do not want to post.

Others,
Please let me know if there is any good place in Bangalore where I would get a better buy back price for the MRF Wanderers.

Last edited by Fillmore : 4th June 2022 at 07:31. Reason: altered content

Most Viewed