Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 21:39   #601
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post
Just wanted to understand what is the current warranty option available on UC6 / CC6 tyres. The company website has no such details plus the India version of the website does not even show UC6 in its product offerings.
I am told by the dealer it is a 2 year unlimited warranty on CC6.

I replaced the tired tires on my car. Got Conti CC6 at INR4600 per piece for the 165/65 R14, including fitting balancing and wheel alignment.

I can only compare the performance to JK Tires Ultima Sports.

The Contis are superior in every aspect, comfort, road noise, breaking and I can even feel the Contis ride with much lesser rolling resistance.

Truly happy with the purchase. The only gripe I have is visual. They look kind of small due to the shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-whatsapp-image-20220316-21.33.02.jpeg  

Continental tyres-whatsapp-image-20220316-21.33.02-1.jpeg  

Last edited by Mafia : 16th March 2022 at 21:40.
Mafia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:08   #602
BHPian

Hi guys.
What are your recommendations between the Yokohama BlueEarth AE-51, the Continental UC6, and the Bridgestone Turanza T001. The cars in question are a Polo and an i20, Primary requirement is a soft ride and silence.
Thanks
revvhed
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:19   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi guys.
What are your recommendations between the Yokohama BlueEarth AE-51, the Continental UC6, and the Bridgestone Turanza T001. The cars in question are a Polo and an i20, Primary requirement is a soft ride and silence.
Thanks
revvhed
Dear Bro, below is the sequence in the order of priority :-

1st. Continental UC6,
2nd. Turanza T001, &
3rd. Yoko Bluearth.

Of these I am currently using the T001 in my BRV for the past three months, driven over 2500kms including three long highway drives, and using it as my daily commute. T001 offers decent ride quality, decent grip and near zero noise level. If you want durability then go for the T001.
I have driven a dzire car having Yoko AE51 tyres and I was not at all impressed with its silence, softness and grip level.
I have not used the UC6 but as per reviews of Bangaloreans here it is the best substitute for the Michelins. My neighbour uses the UC6 on his i20, he drives a mix of city and highway, and he is happy about it.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 22nd March 2022 at 13:45. Reason: Added last line
Sushil Pingua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 18:12   #604
BHPian

Hi,
I own Skoda Rapid 1.6TDi (2014). The stock tire size is 185/60 R15 84H and the car had come with Apollo Alnac 4G. Changed it to Michelin Energy XM2 in 2017. Now the car has done just over a lakh kms and I am looking for new tires. Did some research and now I am stuck with few options and need recommendations.

Shortlisted Tires
  1. Bridgestone Turanza ER300 - Heard no stocks for my tire size
  2. Micheline XM2+ - Good reviews and being a current Michelin user, I know it is a comfortable tire
  3. Been hearing good reviews about the following 3 tires lately.
  • Continental CC5 - Have my stock size in this
  • Continental CC6 - Heard it is more silent and advanced. Speed and load rating difference is there, but it is fine. (185/60 R15 88T)
  • Continental UC6 - This seems to be a balanced one, but size is not available. Need to upgrade to 185/65 R15. Is it advisable to upgrade to this size? What are merits and demerits?
Usage - Since the Covid induced lockdown, the city running (office runs) are nil and it is mostly highway runs.

Note: After a call with my friend who works in BMW service, I am inclined towards Continental, but confused which amongst the 3 variants in Continental to go with
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 19:02   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
[*]Continental UC6 - This seems to be a balanced one, but size is not available. Need to upgrade to 185/65 R15. Is it advisable to upgrade to this size? What are merits and demerits?
After a call with my friend who works in BMW service, I am inclined towards Continental, but confused which amongst the 3 variants in Continental to go with
CCx are entry level offerings by Conti which are basically meant for lightweight small cars.

MC5/6 are the priority choice for me, but since they are not available, UC6 is the only option left. I got a pair of UC6 in January which I had to buy due to one of my MC5 got burst during a highway drive. You can check the details I posted few pages back.

UC6 feel kind of downgrade compared to MC5 I had (One pair is still installed as rear tyres). Though rolling resistance is much lesser with UC6. Noise level seems to be okay in the city but would like to have few highway drives before making a final comment on it.

About the size, Get 195/60/15 Instead of 185/65/15. But I think the higher profile tyres don't come with rim-protection profile. Though ideal would be 195/55/16 with a rim having width of 7 inches. This will improve the handling, grip and ground clearance without affecting the outer circumference beyond acceptable tolerance. 195/55/16 is also the official size in the recent iteration of Polo/Vento/Rapid so its a safe bet. But you will have to upgrade the rim for that.
tbppjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 14:00   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
After much contemplation I finally went ahead with Continental CC LX2 235 65 R17s for my XUV500. They weren't my first choice but more due to lack of any other good HT SUV tires that are comfort oriented and low on noise. Michelin Primacy SUV in that size havnt been in supply for years.

Got them yesterday and drove around 50km within the city and managed to hit 80-90kmph speeds for few seconds and results are very good. On tar roads tire noise is negligible. Feeling is very weird because now suddenly engine is so much louder and the creaks in the cabin . Lets see how they age but definitely good first impression. Have some left pulling issue, need to get alignment sorted out. It was fresh Feb 22 manufacturing stock.

Got my for 12.5K per tire. Changed all 4. Few snaps from the process of change.

Look at how Contis have flooded all Michelin showrooms . They are milking the made in India opportunity since imported tires are very limited.

Attachment 2275629
Attachment 2275630
Attachment 2275631
Attachment 2275632
Attachment 2275634
Completed a month and about 1000+ km of driving mostly in city and few airport trip. In summary CC LX2 are very impressive from comfort and road noise standpoint. Did some 3 digit speeds and couldnt hear anything other than engine and wind noise on a good tar road. Only issue is mild left pull which is not getting resolved but not unknown for XUV500.
Old 29th March 2022, 12:49   #607
BHPian

Quote:
After much contemplation I finally went ahead with Continental CC LX2 235 65 R17s for my XUV500. They weren't my first choice but more due to lack of any other good HT SUV tires that are comfort oriented and low on noise. Michelin Primacy SUV in that size havnt been in supply for years.
How is the performance? I was suggested the same Conti LX2 for XUV500 last week when I went in for replacement. Where did you get it changed and how much did you pay totally?

Last edited by Aditya : 30th March 2022 at 21:41. Reason: Punctuation, quoted text trimmed
subbaramu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2022, 14:53   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Anyone who has used Continental CrossContact LX2 for long now, can you please share your experiences on the following points over time?

- Wet grip

- Puncture resistance

- Road noise
Have driven 45k on LX2s on my Duster AWD. Wet grip still good. Had its share of punctures but nothing abnormal. Very minor road noise which has come post 40k. Surprisingly, the tread is still good for at least 25k. The stock MRF Wanderers had lasted me 45k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaramu View Post
How is the performance. I was suggested the same Conti LX2 for XUV500 last week when I went in for replacement. Where did you get it changed and how much did you pay totally.
Some points answered above.
PapaBravo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 15:34   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Have driven 45k on LX2s on my Duster AWD. Wet grip still good. Had its share of punctures but nothing abnormal. Very minor road noise which has come post 40k. Surprisingly, the tread is still good for at least 25k.
Thanks for the feedback

I got these installed on my Seltos last weekend. Too early to talk about the performance, I will share an update once I pile up some distance on these.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 22:29   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Have driven 45k on LX2s on my Duster AWD. Wet grip still good. Had its share of punctures but nothing abnormal. Very minor road noise which has come post 40k. Surprisingly, the tread is still good for at least 25k. The stock MRF Wanderers had lasted me 45k.

Some points answered above.
Thanks for this feedback. I'm shopping for tire options for my 2014 Duster with 1.05L km on the odo. I got Yoko the last time which has run 55k and due for a change. Was veering towards Conti because of a great experience I had with a set of CC5 I had on my older Grandi10 and the recent UC6 on my Astor. Was unsure of which variant to go for. Looking at the reviews I'm going to go for the LX2. Will post feedback after the change!
Old 31st March 2022, 11:25   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed a month and about 1000+ km of driving mostly in city and few airport trip. In summary CC LX2 are very impressive from comfort and road noise standpoint. Did some 3 digit speeds and couldnt hear anything other than engine and wind noise on a good tar road. Only issue is mild left pull which is not getting resolved but not unknown for XUV500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaramu View Post
How is the performance? I was suggested the same Conti LX2 for XUV500 last week when I went in for replacement. Where did you get it changed and how much did you pay totally?
Hey Subbaramu, my response above should answer your question. I got mine changed at Shiva Sai Enterprises near Hoodi for 50K total all inclusive. But alignment job was shoddy and I had to get it done again somewhere else.
Old 31st March 2022, 12:21   #612
BHPian

Tyres on my 2016 Vento had to be changed as there were lot of cracks and I didn't want to take any changes with tyres.

The factory fitted MRF ZVTV gave up around 30K KM (although a lot of thread was left, but lot of cracks), and I have upsized from 185/65R15 to 195/60R15.

The first preference was Michelins, but the stock size itself was costing 6600 a piece. Went with my second preference continental 195/60R15 at Rs.5500 a piece (in Hyderabad).

Completed around 1200KM, and I am satisfied with the tyres.

1. The road noise has very minimal.
2. The ride is very plush
3. Mileage has also improved by 2KM. I am getting around 14 KM/litre, earlier I was getting around 12KM on MRF's.
4. The wheel well is pretty much covered now.

New Tyres

Continental tyres-img_20220312_164218.jpg

Thread Pattern of UC6

Continental tyres-img_20220312_164228.jpg

Manufacturing week and year

Continental tyres-img_20220312_164251__01.jpg

Wheel Well with the new tyres

Continental tyres-img_20220313_111012.jpg

As per the continental, the tyres should be registered on their website, within one week of purchase, else, they will not accept any future claims(if any), so made sure to register the tyres on their website by the dealer.

Overall, pretty much happy with the new tyres and I could not understand why manufacturers provide such crappy tyres like MRF's for the sake of few hundreds of rupees.
cormodore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 01:36   #613
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Got the UC6 installed on my cedia last week. Have driven around 700Kms and must say that there is a world of a difference. The drive has become more comfortable and 'Silent'. Can barely hear any noise. Also I personally feel that the braking distance has reduced to a great extent. Overall very happy with the purchase, this coming from a Die hard Yokohama guy.

Size : 195/60/15
Price : 5050/- per piece as on 21/03/2021.
I am from Mumbai as well and can't find them at these rates. Did it include alignment and balancing? Which shop did you buy them from. I am looking for a good tyre shop in the suburbs Andheri area (10 km radius)
Old 11th April 2022, 14:06   #614
BHPian

I got these last year from Pal Tyres Lamington Road. You could try visiting JP Tyres near the Andheri RTO. Look it up on Google. JP is pretty competitive with Prices and a very knowledgeable guy. Prices of tyres have gone up a bit recently so expect a higher price at most shops.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:22   #615
BHPian

I got the UC6 installed in my Linea this weekend. Was on stock tyres which were Apollo Alnac 4G and one of my rear tyres became flat even post fixing a puncture. My stock tyres were 7 year old and so wanted to change to Michelin Primacy but no stocks anywhere in Bangalore now. All Michelin dealers now stock Continental UC6 as an alternative and suggest UC6 instead of Primacy 4ST since warranty claims if any is easy and no one has any clue on when next stock of Michelin will arrive.

Changed it for all 4 wheels as well as the spare wheel as well. Each of the tyres costed me Rs.9300 for tyre size 205/55/R16 and Rx.7100 for the spare rim one of size 195/65/R15. I did this at Tyre Empire Varthur, Bangalore and the service was professional. Wheel alignment with Balancing and weights costed me 1800 and some additional checks like FW Triton Valve, Road Force, Rotation & Straight Track costed another 1000 approximately.

I could notice that the tyre noise is much lesser compared to by previous hard compound tyres and the ride seems to be better but will need a highway or open roads to confirm this since my way back home was riddled with traffic. Would like to see how the wet grip and braking distance on these new set and how they behave after a few hundred KMs and hope they don't develop any sidewall cracks and last me well.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks