Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 14:09   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Replaced Yoko Earth 1 (2015, 48K old) with UC6. The size was 185/65 R14 and I paid Rs 5,700 per piece with fitting, alignment & balancing included but with weights extra. The tire date is the 2nd week of Nov 22 (4522) and didn't haggle further. Got Rs 250 per tire for the old set. This was at Cherry Agencies BTM.

PS: Online price of UC6 is Rs 5,200 but not sure of the manufacturing dates and fitting, alignment & balancing would be extra. CC6 was available and the cost difference was Rs 100 less per tire than UC6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Anyone tried CC6 as well as CC5? Marketing material says CC6 is better in every aspect is that true?
This is from the UC6 brochure.

Continental tyres-uccc.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf uc6-factsheet-data.pdf (3.06 MB, 100 views)

Last edited by msdivy : 11th December 2022 at 14:26. Reason: Added UC6 factsheet.
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 19:39   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This is from the UC6 brochure.

Attachment 2388833
Comparing the plot for CC5, the graph for CC5 in the CC5 data sheet and that in the UC broucher doesn't add up isn't?
Name:  2022_12_11_19_34_41_Print_factsheet_data.png
Views: 1275
Size:  112.8 KB
Old 11th December 2022, 20:10   #693
BHPian

I’m trying to register my tyres on the Continental app but it is asking for a Serial No. apart from the DOT No. I’m not able to locate the S.No. on the sidewall of the tyre. Apparently, it should be a 10 digit no.
Old 11th December 2022, 20:47   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I’m not able to locate the S.No. on the sidewall of the tyre. Apparently, it should be a 10 digit no.
It is a white color sticker with barcode alongwith the resultant number pasted on the sidewall of the tyre(s). That is the serial number used for registration.
Please check, your tyre must have that.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 22:42   #695
BHPian

What is the difference between Conti MC and UC series tyres? The website doesn't say much. How do each of these compare to the Michelin P4ST?
Old 11th December 2022, 23:01   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
It is a white color sticker with barcode alongwith the resultant number pasted on the sidewall of the tyre(s). That is the serial number used for registration.
Please check, your tyre must have that.
Thanks, but the tyres are already installed on the car so all the stickering has been removed by the dealer. Is the No. not engraved like the DOT No.?
Old 12th December 2022, 09:23   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Replaced Yoko Earth 1 (2015, 48K old) with UC6. The size was 185/65 R14 and I paid Rs 5,700 per piece with fitting, alignment & balancing included but with weights extra. The tire date is the 2nd week of Nov 22 (4522) and didn't haggle further. Got Rs 250 per tire for the old set. This was at Cherry Agencies BTM.
Please share your review with the UC6 after a couple of thousand kms. I need a set of tyres for my i20 in the same size and am inclined towards UC6. Currently using a set of CC5 that are 6 yrs old and run ~60K kms. They still have around 10K kms of life left. Am pretty happy with the CC5 and want to try the UC6 .

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 12th December 2022 at 09:46.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:44   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Comparing the plot for CC5, the graph for CC5 in the CC5 data sheet and that in the UC broucher doesn't add up isn't?
One comparison is between CC5 & the earlier version and the other is between UC6 & CC6. They must have adjusted the scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
What is the difference between Conti MC and UC series tyres? The website doesn't say much. How do each of these compare to the Michelin P4ST?
Some data here - https://toptirereview.com/continental-uc6-vs-mc6/. There is comparison between MC5 & MC6 here - https://www.continental-tires.com/co...redownload.pdf
Note that MC6s are not available in lower rim sizes.
Quote:
I’m trying to register my tyres on the Continental app but it is asking for a Serial No. apart from the DOT No. I’m not able to locate the S.No. on the sidewall of the tyre. Apparently, it should be a 10 digit no.
For me, the dealer did the registration with my mobile number. Later I downloaded the app but unable to log in so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Please share your review with the UC6 after a couple of thousand kms.
Sure. I have a few long drives coming up at the year's end. Hopefully will run in the tires before that and share feedback early next year.

Last edited by msdivy : 12th December 2022 at 12:50.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 17:25   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Is the No. not engraved like the DOT No.?
I don't think it is engraved.
You can ask some tyre shop in your area to get a better understanding if there is any other way to get the number
Old 14th December 2022, 09:56   #700

Hello,

Installed new set of UC6 195/60/R15 for my Punto MJ at Tyre Professionals at Basavanagudi, Bengaluru on 12th Dec.

Dealer quoted Rs 7500 w/ GST per tyre but later settled for Rs 7200/ including GST.

Tyres + Tubeless chrome valve costed me Rs 28,800 add Rs 1322 for wheel alignment & balancing ( yes it was charged though I been their customer for 10 + years)

I'm not sure whether I paid more here as the online price in tyremarket.com is quoting 6608 inclusive of tax plus some promo offers.

The positive take away:

1) The tyre serial number was scanned and the registration with Continental was done by the dealer with my details. The serial number is a small white sticker with bar code.

2) And more importantly, the tyres are brand new, 4722, just 2 weeks old.

The also dealer mentioned that the MC series are stopped and only UC series are available. Not sure about this.

Anyway the tyre change was long overdue and had to get it changed before heading for a 2k drive / vacation this Christmas vacation.

Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 12:21   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Chlorin View Post
Dear Friends,
ive changed all the four tyres with Continental UC6 upsize profile of 205/65/R16 and run few hundred kms with it. I did this change of tyres and upsizing after taking in to consideration the advise received from some of our esteemed members. I'm happy with the change as the ride has become lot smoother, very less or negligible noise and comfort over pot holes. My ride is mostly on highways with occasional rough roads. My present stock good year has run 50k kms and started giving lot of noise and frequent punctures and also less grip with strain on brake shoes. I did this change from Lal tyres Kattupakkam Chennai and an established name in the business. The cost paid was Rs.27,000/- for Four tyres(Rs.6750/- each) including alignment & balancing. Date of manufacture is 2922 and it means week 29, year 2022(July 18 ) and just 1&1/2 months old. I did arrive to fix UC6 after considering Michellin primacy 4ST(not available or early 2021),Yokohama Gt-Ae51, earth1(hard compound ,tyre noise & less comfort)Bridgestone B390(noise,hard compound).
After 10K run in almost all conditions, I can vouch for the comfortable ride quality, not much jerk in the humbs and very less noise compared to my earlier stock Goodyear tyres. My ride includes city,highways and very rough and hillside roads.
Organic Chlorin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 18:53   #702

Dear BHPians,

I am thinking about upgrading my tyres from Continental ContiComfortContact (2017) 175/65 R15 (Picture attached) to Continental UC6 195/60 R15 after reading quiet a bit on this forum.

Will this disturb the mileage or I wont notice it? Can any Honda City 3rd Gen owner share their experience?

I had this Michelin gem since 2011 and I used it as spare one and even now it looks better after 11 years. (Picture attached)

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-conti1756515.jpg  

Continental tyres-michelinmx11756515.jpg  

Last edited by masudvorajee : 23rd December 2022 at 19:23.
Old 26th December 2022, 12:56   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
The stock tyres on my VW Vento (185 60 R15 ) had clocked just over 40K Kms, but had become hard with almost six years of usage. I would have changed them at the end of 4 years, but due to the Corona times, was not going for any out of town trips. Of late, the ride had become uncomfortable and looking at the reviews, was inclined to go for the Conti UC6.
The local dealer was quoting about 6000 for the 195 60 R15 tyres, which was available in amazon for 5300. I could get only 3 tyres for that price , but got the fourth one from a different seller for 200 Rs more. The three tyres were manufactured in the last week of 2021 and the fourth one was manufactured in the second week of October. Got them fitted at the local tyre shop, was charged 1300 for fitting, wheel balancing, alignment and nitrogen fillings. The average cost per tyre was below 5500.
The tyres are really comfortable, very silent and the stance of the car has improved with the wider tyres. I have not noticed any change in the gear shifts or in the fuel economy. The grip is confidence inspiring and I am quite happy with the decision to go for these tyres.
The only worry is about the warranty. In case there is any problem during the warranty period, who should I approach? is it enough to keep the invoice form the seller from Amazon. if anyone has bought these tyres from Amazon or any other online seller, Please share your experience or suggestion.
I have run almost 8000 Kms on these Conti UC6 tyres in my Vento in the last 11 months and I am very happy with my decision in choosing these tyres. They offer a very decent grip and the handling inspires confidence. The ride quality is awesome and the overall performance is really value for money.
Old 27th December 2022, 12:58   #704
BHPian

It's time to change the stock Bridgestone ecopia tyres on my Ignis, and I'm considering Continental tyres. The website recommends UC6, but the dealer says UC6 is only for bigger vehicles. He says CC6 is the right tire for the Ignis. Strangely, the website says CC6 is an off road tyre. I'm confused. Dealer says that the information given in the website is wrong.
Old 27th December 2022, 13:13   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
It's time to change the stock Bridgestone ecopia tyres on my Ignis, and I'm considering Continental tyres. The website recommends UC6, but the dealer says UC6 is only for bigger vehicles. He says CC6 is the right tire for the Ignis. Strangely, the website says CC6 is an off road tyre. I'm confused. Dealer says that the information given in the website is wrong.
Go for the UC6. They are better tyres than the CC6. Hope you will be sticking to stock size as Ignis alloys don't have enough room for upsizing!
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks