Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 13:33   #781
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

I have a Creta DCT 2020. Being quoted Rs. 10,5000 per tyre for Continental UC6, with alignment and balancing included. At Pirelli Performance Center (Tyre City), Malviya Nagar. Please advise.
Old 1st August 2023, 11:12   #782

Hello, I have a Grand i10 2018 (165/65R14) my monthly usage is about ~ 1200 km which includes both city and highway runs, I'm confused between Bridgestone Sturdo and Continental CC6.

Can someone please advise me which one should I go for what offers what benefits over the other one. Or if there's any other tyre I should keep under consideration? Thanks for your replies.
Old 1st August 2023, 11:31   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzy2K View Post
Hello, I have a Grand i10 2018 (165/65R14) my monthly usage is about ~ 1200 km which includes both city and highway runs, I'm confused between Bridgestone Sturdo and Continental CC6.

Can someone please advise me which one should I go for what offers what benefits over the other one. Or if there's any other tyre I should keep under consideration? Thanks for your replies.
If you want comfort and life of around 50k kms - Conti CC6
If you want long life and less comfort - Bridgestone Sturdo.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 12:52   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is there going to be a really evident difference between the comfort offered by those two? Personally, which one you would've chosen out of the two? Thanks for your reply.
Old 1st August 2023, 13:13   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there going to be a really evident difference between the comfort offered by those two? Personally, which one you would've chosen out of the two? Thanks for your reply.
Yes there will be noticable difference between the two. I would always choose comfort over longevity.
Old 1st August 2023, 17:26   #786

Quote:
What is your opinion about Conti UC6 and Conti CC6? Which one is better?
Old 1st August 2023, 22:19   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Yes there will be noticable difference between the two. I would always choose comfort over longevity.
Have been on Conti's since the last few years. My car came with Apollo Accelere which I chnaged @ 63 K kms and they were literally begging to be changed. Ideally i should have chaged them by 55 K max but since the last few thousand were within the ciy limits I just continued for a few thousands kms more. Got Conti MC5s and they have been the best I have ridden on so far in my life. Perfect balance of longevity, less noise, comfort and dynamics. They lasted me 70 K kms and I could have used them for 5 k kms more if not for a long trip. I am now Conti UC6 (MC6s are still not available in India, else I would have bought them eyes closed).

Noiselessness and comfort are at another level. Wet braking is simply brilliant. But I would still prefer MC6 had it been available. They were slightly superior overall especially the dynamics. Lets see how long the UC6s last. I had a sidewall cut on one of the tires that too on highway. I was lucky that it happened just after a toll gate and the speed was below 40 kmph. The tire turned flat in a matter of 2 secs and I could slow down without damaging the alloys or hitting any one on the road. Lady luck was with me that day else I can't imagine what may have happened if the car was 100+ kmph.

Apollos were really rugged. I had hardly a couple of punctures even though I drove them till they were litelly flat.I even drove 3+ k kms with a big nail lodged in one of the tires. Contis had quite a few punctures and there was still life left when I changed them. Yet to try Michelins but they are still softer than Contis and dont fit my use case . I do a lot of highway drives inlcuding very bad roads. And life isnt that great from what I have read in forums.

I will stickto Contis till I find something better in the same range. Got used to hearing the engine noise and air noise more than tire noise. Same was the case even after extended use.
nibedk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 18:21   #788

Hello, I'm not able to source 165/65R14 for my 2018 Grand i10 in Delhi NCR. I've been quoted 4100/tyre for 165/70R14 (Continental CC6). Should I go for this upsize? What would be the advantages / disadvantages except increased ground clearance, and speedometer error.

Most of my running is in the highway, and less in city. I'd love if someone can give their input on this. Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 20:29   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Changed my VW Jetta 2014 tyres to Conti UC6 at 83,000 KMs, brought from Sri Balaji Tyres, JC Road, Bangalore, at Rs8,700/per tyre including balancing, valve and installation. They were oven fresh, with manufactured timemile indicating 2123 (week 21 of 2023). I stuck to the stock size of 205-55/16.

The outgoing tyres were Micheline PS3, installed in April 2018 and when odd was at 35,xxx Kms. It served really well and still had lot of thread (may be 10-15K Kms easily), however the tyre noise had considerably increased and side walls were hardened due to ageing.

With non-availability of Michelin in 16inch, UC6 was the next choice and then MRF prefinza was the next choice (Quoted ~7,200/- @ Balaji).

Just covered <100Kms in 24 hrs, I need to drive for couple 1000s and 10000s KMs before short and long term feedback.
Here is the short term feedback, after 1K+ Kms(almost 95+% is on highways).

1. Very silent tyre
2. Excellent wet and dry breaking, better than new Micheline
3. There is drop is fuel economy by ~1.5 to 2kms (this was based on first tank full, needs to monitor for next4-5 tank full, before concluding)
4. However cornering and handling is no match to even outgoing/5yrs old/~50K Kms run Michelin PS3.

Short term opinion: Given a chance, I would go back to Michelin PS4, even if it is 20% expansive.

Last edited by manjubp : 3rd August 2023 at 20:32.
manjubp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:43   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, I'm not able to source 165/65R14 for my 2018 Grand i10 in Delhi NCR. I've been quoted 4100/tyre for 165/70R14 (Continental CC6). Should I go for this upsize? What would be the advantages / disadvantages except increased ground clearance, and speedometer error.

Most of my running is in the highway, and less in city. I'd love if someone can give their input on this. Thanks
Facing exactly the same issue for my 2017 Grandi10 in Mumbai. The main Continental dealer told me that UC6 isnt produced in 165/65-14 anymore and my option is limited to CC6 (which is almost the same price as the UC6)

Confused if I should go for the CC6 or the BS Sturdo. This car is my daily beater for city runs only.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 21:20   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Facing exactly the same issue for my 2017 Grandi10 in Mumbai. The main Continental dealer told me that UC6 isnt produced in 165/65-14 anymore and my option is limited to CC6 (which is almost the same price as the UC6)

Confused if I should go for the CC6 or the BS Sturdo. This car is my daily beater for city runs only.
Let me know what tyre size and brand you go for and how it works out for you. Cheers.
Old 9th August 2023, 02:23   #792
BHPian

Hi folks. Which Conti tyre would be the best sideways move from Michelin PS4s? I've run them on my 320d for around 22k and loved the ride and handling. But their life isn't more than 25k given how the tread is looking. The options I've been suggested by various dealers are CSC5 or UC6. Which is the better of the two? Can't seem to find any definitive answer to this. Also any particular manufacturing date to push for?
Old 9th August 2023, 14:21   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
I would like to change my vehicle's tyres to Contis. Any recommendation on a good place to buy them in Bangalore?
Tyre Centre, St Johns Road, Frazer Town. Hope thats not too far for you. Otherwise Madhus in WIlson Garden

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 9th August 2023 at 14:24.
Shrek8421 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 17:58   #794
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade the tyres on the new Seltos upon delivery in the next few days. Can anyone please share some dealers' address/contact for the Continental Ultra Contact UC6 215/55 R18 in Noida?
Old 10th August 2023, 14:36   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
Hi folks. Which Conti tyre would be the best sideways move from Michelin PS4s? I've run them on my 320d for around 22k and loved the ride and handling. But their life isn't more than 25k given how the tread is looking. The options I've been suggested by various dealers are CSC5 or UC6. Which is the better of the two? Can't seem to find any definitive answer to this. Also any particular manufacturing date to push for?
One of my cousin has been using CSC5 and has been satisfied with the decision(saved some tood bucks), both of them havent lasted long given the spirited driving but he swears by the PS4. It has spoiled a lot of chaps and hard to find an alternative, CSC5 comes close but doesnt match PS4.
indie_honda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks