Team-BHP - Continental tyres
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Continental tyres (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/46408-continental-tyres.html)

Heard that continental tyres are available in Indian now? One of the retailers showed me a set and said that they were introduced into the market this week. How true is this?

100% true :) .

Earlier they entered through a tie-up with Modi. They pretty much ruined their name in the market. Now, they have entered directly as Continental Tyres.

They started deliveries on September 19th. As of now, they are still building up their stocks. It will take abt 2 months or so until all the tyres they are bringing to India are available.

They are introducing tyres from 13" onwards. All are premium tyres. They are priced at a premium over the usual Goodyear, MRF, Bridgestone stuff.

Which dealer BTW?

It's true, I received their price list a couple of days back. Will update the sizes available as soon as I get some free time.

In Delhi , Supreme Sale's is selling Continental tyre's . Yesteday only I got my Santro fitted with Michelin's from them only . He showed me Continental's also but i was like having a very good picture of Michelin's in my mind .

But now i regret a bit as after getting Michelin's 165/65 R13 fixed , i am not noticing any broadness in car from back or front . Its giving the same look of 155/70 . :Frustrati

I called Continental up, looking to get some more details on their products! Apparently they hardly have any stock & will not be fully stocked for at least the next 6 months (which is understandable) but what is surprising is that they do not want to give me any details about their products/lineup because they do no want any publicity of any kind!! Talk about an attitude!

Oh so they want to create a mystic aura around their tyres ??? Are they going to sell tyres or some high street fashion label ???? :uncontrol

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 991704)
100% true :) .

Which dealer BTW?

Millivision near lalbagh main entrance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 992649)
I called Continental up, looking to get some more details on their products! Apparently they hardly have any stock & will not be fully stocked for at least the next 6 months (which is understandable) but what is surprising is that they do not want to give me any details about their products/lineup because they do no want any publicity of any kind!! Talk about an attitude!

Perhaps thats their marketing strategy for commanding a premium. However, for my accent they only have 175/70/13. They didnt have the upsized 185/70/13.
For the 175s Millivision quoted 2800.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash_blore (Post 993322)
Perhaps thats their marketing strategy for commanding a premium. However, for my accent they only have 175/70/13. They didnt have the upsized 185/70/13.
For the 175s Millivision quoted 2800.

Hahah! That would have to be the stupidest strategy given all the competition you have in the market these days! "Sorry, we can't give you any information because we are oh so snobbish & upmarket!" :p I think next they'll refuse to sell me tyres because they might think my car is not worthy enough of being fitted with their products! :p

And 185/70 R13 is listed in their price list so I suppose they don't have stocks in yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovyanubhav (Post 992099)
i was like having a very good picture of Michelin's in my mind .

But now i regret a bit as after getting Michelin's 165/65 R13 fixed , i am not noticing any broadness in car from back or front . Its giving the same look of 155/70 . :Frustrati

This is not Michelin's fault really !!! It's a fault of your understanding the difference between 155 and 165. The difference between 155 and 165 is of 10 mm = 1 cm. That's hardly noticeable on a tyre with naked inexperienced eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 993411)
Hahah! That would have to be the stupidest strategy given all the competition you have in the market these days! "Sorry, we can't give you any information because we are oh so snobbish & upmarket!" :p I think next they'll refuse to sell me tyres because they might think my car is not worthy enough of being fitted with their products! :p

And 185/70 R13 is listed in their price list so I suppose they don't have stocks in yet.

I dont agree with the strategy either but one way (not the only way) to build a premium brand is through word of mouth. Now whether it works in conti's case well only time will tell. If it doesnt work then the marketing team can always :Frustrati

Hi,

Can some one please upload the available sizes for Continental Tyres.

Regards,
Kailash

What's the big deal about Continental? Their USP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 997117)
What's the big deal about Continental? Their USP?

And how do they compare to Michelin or Yoko? Anyone has any feedback on them?

COntinental is coming into India hoping that people with Mercs and Audis buy COnti when it;s time to change the tyres. These cars and many European cars(VW included. Jetta and Passat) come with Conti tyres as the OEM tyres.

It's the typical mentality of, I have X tyres on my car. I want X only and dont want to try any other brand.

Also, they claim that the ride comfort and tyre noise is minimal.