Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 00:39   #646
RDS
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post

Need help to understand how UC6 fare compared to XM2.
I have just shifted to UC6 from XM2 on Ford Aspire last weekend.
Initial impressions are good.

As of now, I felt good comfort, less noise, good breaking and handling.
I can't say they better XM2 but they are no slouch either. However, I do long journeys and will really know once I go on a long trip to Himalayas.

Cheers!
RDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 13:15   #647
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade the tyres for my Venue keeping the same profile 215/60 R 16. I am looking to upgrade with premium tyres with low noise and better grip. Have nailed it down to below choices:

Yokohama BluEarth-GT AE51
Continental UltraContact UC6

Can anyone suggest which one would be a better option based on the NCR climate. My last OEM tyres MRF Wanderer only lasted till 30k :( .
Old 26th July 2022, 10:29   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
I am looking to upgrade the tyres for my Venue keeping the same profile 215/60 R16. I am looking to upgrade with premium tyres with low noise and better grip. Have nailed it down to below choices:

Can anyone suggest which one would be a better option based on the NCR climate. My last OEM tyres MRF Wanderer only lasted till 30k :( .
I don't have any experience of the Yokohama's but i do have the UC6 15 inchers on my Ertiga. I have done around 5 thousand kilometres on hilly roads as well as highways. There have been zero punctures so far. I live in Dehradun for reference.

The grip compared to stock MRF ZVTV tyres is really good and the steering feels more direct as well. I don't think i have noticed a major change in ride quality. The road noise on concrete roads is lesser compared to the stock MRF's but below my expectations considering the rave reviews this rubber has gotten.

Tyre pressure has been maintained as per Maruti's recommendation all time on the UC6.

I'm a but surprised that your MRF Wanderer's lasted only till 30k as my MRF ZVTV's comfortably lasted for 50 thousand kilometres over 7.5 years of pretty rough usage.
Doonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 11:48   #649
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to upgrade with premium tyres with low noise and better grip.
Have a look at Apollo’s Apterra Cross as well. It’s a range specifically for cSUVs with exactly the characteristics you mentioned - low noise and good traction
Old 26th July 2022, 11:52   #650
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to upgrade the tyres for my Venue keeping the same profile 215/60 R 16. I am looking to upgrade with premium tyres with low noise and better grip. Have nailed it down to below choices:

I performed a zero mile upgrade from stock to Continental UC6 (195 section) on my Dzire Zxi+. So far I have covered 11,500 kms without any fuss. Ride quality is softer and road noise is better suppressed with significantly better grip, stability and handling. Will recommend unhesitatingly.

Earlier I had performed similar upgrade to my Swift Diesel ZDi with Continental MC5. The tyres lasted about 62000kms. No fuss upto 45k mark but the no of punctures significantly increased thereafter, but most probably deterioration accelerated due to my driving style, not the tyre's fault.

I'd say - go for it.

PS: Try to get a TPMS installed for better tyre life

Last edited by aditya79india : 26th July 2022 at 11:53. Reason: Added content
Old 26th July 2022, 14:32   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post

Need help to understand how UC6 fare compared to XM2.
Don't know how they fare compared to Michelin XM2, but they are definitely very closely paired to the Michelin P4ST.
Been using them on the S-Cross 1.6 - third set of tyres after the JK Elanzo (worst tyres ever created), and the Michelin P4ST. Haven't had a chance to do a long highway drive in rains so cannot judge on aqua-planing but the dry grip, noise, and comfort are very comparable. Wet grip too in city and a little bit of highway has been reassuring but true test will only come on a long highway drive - the Michelin P4ST on the S-Cross felt planted at legal expressway speeds when encountering an odd patch of water.

The Michelins P4ST do feel a little softer but not much of a difference otherwise, and definitely worth the price compared to the Michelin P4ST.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 09:03   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A bit late in replying to your query and what a coincidence. My SCross runs on 215/60/16. I recently switched from Yokohama BluEarth-GT AE51 to Continental UltraContact UC6. The Yokos had done close to 35k, had to change because of a side wall crack which developed post my 5.5k km North India Road Trip. Switched to UC6 and the difference was immediately felt. Ride quality is better plus better cushioning while going over potholes, Road noise has significantly reduced. I would definitely recommend UC6 over the Yokos.
PS: have covered close to 5k on the UC6.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 27th July 2022 at 09:15.
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 11:09   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
I'm a but surprised that your MRF Wanderer's lasted only till 30k as my MRF ZVTV's comfortably lasted for 50 thousand kilometres over 7.5 years of pretty rough usage.
I am also surprised, maybe because of rough usage (I have been to Spiti and some remote places of Uttrakhand/HP using the same tires)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
PS: Try to get a TPMS installed for better tyre life
Can you suggest a good TPMS? I have been researching on the same and was not able to nail down on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Have a look at Apollo’s Apterra Cross as well. It’s a range specifically for cSUVs with exactly the characteristics you mentioned - low noise and good traction
It looks like these are now stock tyres for the Alcazar and reviews are also good, not sure how these compare with UC6. I will check out the local tire shop for more details. Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I would definitely recommend UC6 over the Yokos.
Thanks for your review, this is very helpful.
nisshith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 11:18   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Can you suggest a good TPMS? I have been researching on the same and was not able to nail down on the same.
If you are a single driver, Sensairy TPMS is a good choice.

SensAiry Bluetooth LE Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - 5 Sensors https://amzn.eu/d/dNQkYnR
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 11:28   #655

TL;DR Go ahead with UC6. It's a no brainer.

I recently done Bareilly - Mathura - Ghaziabad - Bareilly (approx 700kms) while doing 100-140km/h for more than 250kms and i can vouch for the handling of the tyres. With my stock tyres, my Dzire Zxi AGS felt uneasy at about 120km/h but UC6 stick to the tarmac like train to tracks!

I prefer dull driving in my hometown (my brothers mock me for this) and I know my car's engine is puny in comparison to Octavias of the world but I felt in love with NA engine roaring at acceleration from 90km/h to 140km/h. Last stretch of ~240kms from Vaishali, GZB to Bareilly in 2.5hrs makes me wonder what if my Fiat Linea T-jet have a NA engine producing 125bhp.

Note for self for upcoming mid-life crisis (8-10 years): Buy a 200bhp NA engine sedan with more than 180mm ground clearance (damn you unintended speed breakers) and do not consider a superbike.
century is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 14:41   #656
Senior - BHPian

Query: I recently bought a used car and it came on a brand new set of Continental Premium Contact 2 tyres. Where do these tyres fit in the market? Are they as good as michelin primacys or Yoko Decibels? Or even the new Conti UC6?

I recently bought continental comfortcontact CC6 tyres for my 2004 WagonR and I can say with confidence that these feel just as good if not better than Michelin Energys that I had between 2012 and 2015. Not all mushy and vague like the CC5 tyres that I have sampled on a few other cars (accent and figo). So anyone looking for a good economy tyre can go for these with their eyes shut.
Old 5th August 2022, 00:52   #657

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriole View Post
Recently, I changed 4 tyres of 2015 Ciaz (195/55 R16) to Conti UC6.

Overall quite happy with the initial performance !

Any updates about the tyre? How are the tyres holding up? Road noise? Comfort levels?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th August 2022 at 05:13. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote only the relevant bits from a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2022, 09:20   #658
BHPian

Got Conti UC6 (205/60 R16) for my Honda BR-V over the weekend. I upgraded from 195/60 R16. Did a Bangalore-Mysore-Talakadu-Sivanasamudra-Bangalore trip the next day.

The tire noise was almost zero, but the previous Michelin tires were 5 years old and had done 55K KMS so the improvement was expected. I couldn't feel much difference in braking or cornering as I it was a very conservative drive with family members

There are few more trips coming up and I will update the performance on braking and wet driving.

I got the tires online as most of the offline shops were quoting between 9400-9600 per tire. The Online store offered at 7990 per tire and a fitting charge (with balancing & alignment) of 1100.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 12:54   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Got Conti UC6 (205/60 R16) for my Honda BR-V over the weekend. I upgraded from 195/60 R16. Did a Bangalore-Mysore-Talakadu-Sivanasamudra-Bangalore trip the next day.

The tire noise was almost zero, but the previous Michelin tires were 5 years old and had done 55K KMS so the improvement was expected. I couldn't feel much difference in braking or cornering as I it was a very conservative drive with family members

There are few more trips coming up and I will update the performance on braking and wet driving.

I got the tires online as most of the offline shops were quoting between 9400-9600 per tire. The Online store offered at 7990 per tire and a fitting charge (with balancing & alignment) of 1100.

Regards
Dear Brother,

Most certainly I would waiting to read your reviews of the UC6 in wet-driving conditions on your BRV.

I replaced my stock Michelin Primacy 3ST in Dec-2021 on my BRV which had done 45000 kms, had gone a bit hard with Bridgestone Turanza T001 size 195/60R16. Have run bit over 6000kms till now on the T001. My experience with the T001 on wet driving conditions is not good but fair/average. During rains I do not cross 80kmph on highways and remain cautious on turns. I feel that T001 has tendency to glide/drift over water on highways at speeds over 80kmph and I also do not feel confident over dirt and turns, which all i was confident with the Michelins.
I had purchased the T001 from authorised Bridgestone dealer for Rs.7500/tyre including alignment.

I hope UC6 inspires confidence in you to take on wet-roads and dirt-turns with ease at speeds around/over 80kmph.

Regards.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 22nd August 2022 at 12:56. Reason: Purchase price
Old 28th August 2022, 10:21   #660
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
I have just shifted to UC6 from XM2 on Ford Aspire last weekend.
Initial impressions are good.

As of now, I felt good comfort, less noise, good breaking and handling.
I can't say they better XM2 but they are no slouch either. However, I do long journeys and will really know once I go on a long trip to Himalayas.

Cheers!
I completed my first approx 800 Km trip to Himalayas on these tyres. The performance was good. No issues and because of monsoon season, wet performance also got tested. The grip was great.

Further I had to pass through a very bad 10 km stretch - bad road, significantly muddy areas due to land slides previous week etc. It was more like mild off-roading.

Tyres performed very well. No punctures or side wall issues as well, held the road well enough.
RDS is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks