Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2022, 07:36   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Interesting ..
In fact I too enquired at a Tyre dealer at Bangalore , I was quoted Rs 8.5k for the same tyre.
i.e. Continental UC6s, 195/60R16s
Prices in metros like Bangalore are still very reasonable compared to Tier 2/3 cities like mine which have a single dealer for Continental tyres. Thus they can quote any price they wish and get away with it. I was quoted Rs. 9400 per tyre which was Dec 20 stock as per the dealer.

Price quoted to you for stock MRF is a bit on the lower side. Just to give you an idea, I was offered Rs. 4800 per tyre for my Ecopias which came from factory. Other BHPians also got a similar deal when they went for the swap.

You may also search for Michelins. Heard they have recently introduced P4ST series in this size.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Congratulations on your new ride.

PPS: Amazon link: Link

I managed extra 10% discount due to Bank credit card offers. Thus effective price of ~Rs. 6500 per tyre. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 4th June 2022 at 07:40.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 14:39   #632
BHPian

I am an existing user of Michelin XM2 across my cars and needless to say that I am a huge fan of XM2.

Now that XM2 are not available in market, I am in a quandary to pick next set of tires for my Dzire.

Need help to understand how UC6 fare compared to XM2.
Old 5th June 2022, 19:48   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Bought these 5 Continental UC6s, 195/60R16s from Amazon.

Some Stats:

Price paid for each tyre: Rs. 6530 post discounts.
Batch: 15th Week of 2022, Mid April 2022!

Why not Offline:
-Was quoted Rs. 9400 per tyre, and the tyres were more than a year old.
I am looking to upgrade to 195/60R16 in my Altroz diesel. I was considering yokohama AE51 GT, but the price is too high, and from the reviews and Amazon price, UC6 seems to be a better choice. But is this right? Is UC6 better than AE51?

My current Good year triplemax2 will last easily for another 10k km (6-8 months). Let me hope the prices are sane then.
Old 5th June 2022, 19:56   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I am looking to upgrade to 195/60R16 in my Altroz diesel. I was considering yokohama AE51 GT, but the price is too high, and from the reviews and Amazon price, UC6 seems to be a better choice. But is this right? Is UC6 better than AE51?

My current Good year triplemax2 will last easily for another 10k km (6-8 months). Let me hope the prices are sane then.
User of Yoko GT AE51 since Feb 2021. Have done 12000 kms nearly. While grip is good, the noise levels which were low in the initial 4000km have now started to increase. If low noise is important to you, look elsewhere. I hope UC6 is better in this regard.
Old 5th June 2022, 21:08   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
User of Yoko GT AE51 since Feb 2021. Have done 12000 kms nearly. While grip is good, the noise levels which were low in the initial 4000km have now started to increase. If low noise is important to you, look elsewhere. I hope UC6 is better in this regard.
Oh that's informative. How have the tyres worn out? How much km do you assess they will last? What were your options and why did you finally choose this?
My priorities are these :
  1. Noise does not matter
  2. Need better grip for better performance and braking
  3. Less probability of side wall damage
  4. Durability
Old 6th June 2022, 10:43   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I am an existing user of Michelin XM2 across my cars and needless to say that I am a huge fan of XM2.

Now that XM2 are not available in market, I am in a quandary to pick next set of tires for my Dzire.

Need help to understand how UC6 fare compared to XM2.
I switched from XM2 on my Alto K10 to Conti CC5 and have been fairly satisfied to consider it a sidegrade. The UC6 should definitely be better than the XM2 - I think it is meant to compete with Michelin's Primacy series.
deepakv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:38   #637

Update on my conti UC6:

Had to get a new set after only doing about 22k kms. Two of the tires had developed a large bubble/bulge on the sidewall (himachal roads and most of me to blame for hitting the tires into them at speeds) and one was large enough to declare unsafe for highway driving.

I initially wanted to replace only the two affected tires but then my cousin who's a big petrol head pursuaded me to get all 4 changed. The tires had around 20-30% tread remaining as said by the tire dealer.

Compared to the mc5 which lasted me more than 40k kms, this was a bit of bummer but I just had to take that loss on the chin and vowed to slow down around not so great roads.
Woodspirit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 12:36   #638
BHPian

Upgraded to Conti UC6 in standard size (205/60 R16) for my Elantra 2016 from Continental MC5s. Paid 7100 per tyre, including wheel balancing and alignment.
The MC5s lasted around 60k kms; though they still had some tread left, but due to uneven wear in one of the tyres (my own fault), had become noisy as hell.

This is my fifth set of Continentals in different cars - started with Conti EcoContact in my Indigo and then MC5 in Ertiga and then again in Elantra and now the UC6s.
Overall experience has been quite good, without any major issues. Hope this streak continues!
Old 8th June 2022, 13:50   #639

Yesterday confirmed the stock of 4 units of Michelin XM2+ for my Dzire (185/65 R15) at S. S. Wheels, Bareilly on phone. When I reached i found the stock was more than 2 years old . Was considering Yokohama BlueEarth-GT AE51 but did not want to deal with this dealer. Went to United Tyre Enterprises and the owner recommended Continental UC6, as I know the owner already I go forward with it.

First impressions:
Didn't like the bold and non-sporty typography of the brand but ride became more quiet and less bumpy (maybe due to old ecopia vs new conti).

Regarding price: 6000 per tyre plus 800 alignment and balancing less 600 for old tyres = 24200

I was quoted 80K kms life of this set of tyres. Is that right?
century is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 12:18   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunreddym View Post
I am very much pleased with the UC6's performance!
Drove from Hyd to Blr this Sunday and am amazed on how quite they are at triple digit speeds, upgrading from 175/65/R15 to 185/65/r15 (earth 1) was ok but to 195/60/r15 changes the way the car drives!
I am glad I did this upgrade, I actually find a increase in mileage as my trip avg was 15.6 KMPL with my new city (Cruise control !!) where as my old city would give me an avg of 14KMPL on (175 section Earth 1)

Earlier it was running 35 PSi on both front and back as suggested by the dealer but the ride was on the firm side as I could feel the sharp edges, I then changed to 33 front and 31 rear and this was perfect for city roads but if planning for long trips I suggest 34-33.
It's very quite at triple digit speeds too, I could hear wind noise for the 1st time living with a City from 2014.
Breaking is on another level, I miss judged a speed breaker and had to hit the breaks hard and oh my, ABS did not get a chance to kick in

I would suggest this tyre to anyone no matter what you looking for, this has everything.
Upcoming trip Blr to Goa

Note: the dealer never sold a Continental till date, this was his 1st time so he is clue less on how to get me the warranty (still working with him on this)
Hi Varun,

Can you let me know which dealer in Hyderabad and the price you got them. I’m also looking to change tyres for my swift , currently running mc5 shoes.

Thanks,
Sudheer
Old 11th June 2022, 15:01   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Bought these 5 Continental UC6s, 195/60R16s from Amazon.

Warranty registration is pending, will post about my Amazon experience on dedicated thread.

Regards,
Shashi
@Leoshashi, were you able to register the warranty for your fifth tyre? Apparently their app allows registration only for 4 tyres.
CowlFlap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 21:56   #642
BHPian

Guys, i’ve planning to replace my i20’s tyres with conti mc5. Stock apollo amazer has started giving harsh ride and frequent alignment issues. I could’ve lived with it for a couple of kms if not for family.
Odo is still <35k, yet i am mostly satisfied with it given pathetic road conditions here at kerala. Now since i am wondering if the size 185/70/r14 is easily available(don’t want to spend a bomb on conti’s) or should i keep looking for other decent options
Old 15th June 2022, 17:12   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby92 View Post
Guys, i’ve planning to replace my i20’s tyres with conti mc5. Stock apollo amazer has started giving harsh ride and frequent alignment issues. I could’ve lived with it for a couple of kms if not for family.
Odo is still <35k, yet i am mostly satisfied with it given pathetic road conditions here at kerala. Now since i am wondering if the size 185/70/r14 is easily available(don’t want to spend a bomb on conti’s) or should i keep looking for other decent options
Hi Abby92,

I have used MC5 on my swift 15 inch for around 40k kms. There are silent, good grip but puncture prone and too soft tyre. If you prefer Comfort and have good roads , can go with mc5 or else look for UC6 or other options.

Thanks,
Rudra
rudra_bvrm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 13:05   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_bvrm View Post
Hi Abby92,

, can go with mc5 or else look for UC6 or other options.
Thanks,
Rudra
Thanks rudra, I did changed the tires yesterday to UC6, old apollos were in pretty shape so changed all of them except Stepney.

Got them for 4850/- per tyre plus alignment/balancing were charged extra. I don’t know why but most tyre shops pitch for bridgestone ER60 in this range.

Initiate impressions are good, its very silent as I expected it to be. Waiting it to run-in couple of kms, will share more updates.

Continental tyres-dbd9452dac294707a897d854107de020.jpeg

Continental tyres-74f19bea8cee4ddabedd20c5e5b8dbcc.jpeg
Abby92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 01:04   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
Has the cost for tyres skyrocketed in the last 6 months or something? Theses prices are absurd.
The cost might have increased but I am sure not skyrocketed since I see almost same price in Amazon compared to when I bought my UC6 205/55R16 in Jan this year, just Rs200 more per piece. However, at that time offline tyre dealers were quoting 9K+ in Bangalore and even last week Tyre Empire HSR, Bangalore quoted 9.2K. And when I requested quote from New Bharat Tyres, Kollam, Kerala in Jan, they were quoting 8.3K. Both prices before any negotiation.

Quote:
Prices in metros like Bangalore are still very reasonable compared to Tier 2/3 cities like mine which have a single dealer for Continental tyres. Thus they can quote any price they wish and get away with it. I was quoted Rs. 9400 per tyre which was Dec 20 stock as per the dealer.
The point about Bangalore being reasonable compared to Tier2/3 cities may not be true based on my experience above but monopoly by one dealer could be the factor in your case. In my experience tyre cost is always low in Kerala compared to Bangalore/Karnataka, probably due to availability of manufacturing facilities or is it just easy availability of rubber?

Quote:
Prices become high due to larger size(15 vs 16) and 195/60R16s are not exactly a common size like say 185/65R15 or 205/60R16. Thus they do command a slight premium even normally.
Observation from my research was that low profile tyres are always costlier regardless of rim size. Read it together with comment from fellow BHPian below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5246196 (Continental tyres)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunreddym View Post
I am very much pleased with the UC6's performance!

I would suggest this tyre to anyone no matter what you looking for, this has everything.
+1 to that

Quote:
I am glad I did this upgrade, I actually find a increase in mileage as my trip avg was 15.6 KMPL with my new city (Cruise control !!) where as my old city would give me an avg of 14KMPL on (175 section Earth 1)
However I have not seen any increase in mileage and I wonder if upsize from 195/55R16 to 205/55R16 is the reason. One thing I noticed though, the odo is showing less distance compared to what it was before. You won't notice it during short drives but the 632KM drive to my native from Bangalore has reduced by a good 13 KMs now as per odo. Although the side profile of my stock Hankook and Conti UC6 are the same on paper, I feel the side wall is bit taller on UC6 and probably this is contributing to the reduction in odo reading.

Quote:
Note: the dealer never sold a Continental till date, this was his 1st time so he is clue less on how to get me the warranty (still working with him on this)
The dealer need to register warranty online and if it was an offline purchase you might get a hard copy of warranty but the dealer must still register online within 7 days of purchase. Please refer to my previous post

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5246112 (Continental tyres)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I got the UC6 installed in my Linea this weekend.

Changed it for all 4 wheels as well as the spare wheel as well. Each of the tyres costed me Rs.9300 for tyre size 205/55/R16 and Rx.7100 for the spare rim one of size 195/65/R15. I did this at Tyre Empire Varthur, Bangalore and the service was professional. Wheel alignment with Balancing and weights costed me 1800 and some additional checks like FW Triton Valve, Road Force, Rotation & Straight Track costed another 1000 approximately.
I always go to Tyre Empire HSR for all my maintenance and they are good. I thought Road Force test is part of wheel balancing exercise, so what is this separate Road Force they did? Also curious about FW Triton Valve and Straight Track, not heard of it before, can you elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
I own Skoda Rapid 1.6TDi (2014). The stock tire size is 185/60 R15 84H and the car had come with Apollo Alnac 4G.
  • Continental UC6 - This seems to be a balanced one, but size is not available. Need to upgrade to 185/65 R15. Is it advisable to upgrade to this size? What are merits and demerits?
As per Tire Size Calculator 205/55R15 is the perfect upsize for your shoes without upgrading the wheels and that is what I did first thing for my 2012 Rapid out of showroom. I went with Yoko S Drives at first, but it got too many punctures and couple of side wall bulges so switched to Conti CPC2 after ~50K KMs.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-tire-size.png  

Most Viewed