Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2021, 21:12   #481
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
What is the ballpark pricing for Continental UC6 tires in 195/60 15 sizes? I checked with a lot of dealers today and was quoted between Rs 20,000 to Rs 20,800 for four tires, alignment and balancing.
Pricing seems to be par for the course. I enquired for Blue Earth GT with GN tyres who is a major Yoko dealer and he himself suggested to go with UC6 over Blue Earth with the cost being the same.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 11:48   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

I got to know from a Continental dealer that the company is planning on offering a 60,000 km "guarantee" of sorts on (some of?) its products. The only catch is that you need to go back to their dealers to get the alignment done on time. And if the tires dont last the 60k km limit, Continental will pay back an amount to the customer on a pro rata basis. That is the gist of the offer. I believe it will come into effect from April onwards. I will try to find out more.
neil.jericho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 10:27   #483
BHPian

After 65000 km, my contis have about 50 % tread remaining. These are the best set of tyres I have used till date.
Passiondrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 22:16   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the Continental UC6 tires in 195/60 15 size fitted on my Honda Jazz from a premium Continental dealership here in Cochin, Tyrex. The total cost for installation, balancing and alignment came to Rs 20,000 all inclusive. My installation experience was very mixed, Ill post about it in detail on the Tyrex thread on the forum.

Continental tyres-20210317_171706_hdr.jpg
Another car also came in to get the UC6 installed at the same time

Im not a major car tire aficionado, so some of my feedback is a little basic compared to what more experienced members can share. With my Jazz, I upgraded the OEM tires to Yoko S Drives on day 1. At the time of replacing the S Drives with the Continental UC6, the car had completed 5.5 years and covered 32,800 kms. The S Drives had become very noisy and were crashing into every little undulation on our Cochin roads. Even the home minister noticed how bad the ride quality had gotten in recent weeks.

Ive done only around 70 kms or so with the new UC6 and my positive experience mirrors what other members have shared.
- The tires are very comfortable and ride quality has improved for sure. There are several undulations on my regular commute where I have had to slow down a fair bit, due to ageing S Drives. Now I can take those same undulations at higher speeds than before, and I barely feel a thing in the car.
- The tires are so quiet!
- Braking distances have reduced a fair bit.
- The car has a nice planted feel to it.
- The steering feels slightly lighter than what the car did when I shifted to the S Drives on day 1. Personally, I prefer a heavier steering on the Jazz.

Three of the tires have a date of 0821 and the fourth one has a date of 0921. Overall, I am very impressed by the Continental UC6 and would recommend them for sure.

Continental tyres-20210317_172731_hdr.jpg

Continental tyres-20210317_172748_hdr.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 10:56   #485

Coming from continental MC5 on my VW Polo (195/60/R15). These tires have done over 30k and are still good for another 5k.

Between the Yokohama Bluearth and the new UC6, which ones do you guys recommend? Did a bit of research and bluearth seems better than my current MC5.

MOD NOTE - Please punctuate / capitalize where required. Please proof read posts before submitting.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th March 2021 at 09:37. Reason: Mod note attached.
Woodspirit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 21:50   #486
BHPian

Got the UC6 installed on my cedia last week. Have driven around 700Kms and must say that there is a world of a difference. The drive has become more comfortable and 'Silent'. Can barely hear any noise. Also I personally feel that the braking distance has reduced to a great extent. Overall very happy with the purchase, this coming from a Die hard Yokohama guy.

Size : 195/60/15
Price : 5050/- per piece as on 21/03/2021.
Ripper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 22:11   #487
Kln
BHPian

Confused between the Perfinza tyres by MRF vs Continental UC6 for my Maruti Ignis. Size is 195/60 R15. Anyone has faced this dilemma before? Any inputs?
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 12:07   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Ive done only around 70 kms or so with the new UC6 and my positive experience mirrors what other members have shared.
- The tires are very comfortable and ride quality has improved for sure. There are several undulations on my regular commute where I have had to slow down a fair bit, due to ageing S Drives. Now I can take those same undulations at higher speeds than before, and I barely feel a thing in the car.
- The tires are so quiet!
- Braking distances have reduced a fair bit.
- The car has a nice planted feel to it.
- The steering feels slightly lighter than what the car did when I shifted to the S Drives on day 1. Personally, I prefer a heavier steering on the Jazz.
Here are a few more thoughts as part of my initial impressions of the Continental UC6
- Wet grip is fantastic! We have had some early summer showers here and the tires handle Cochin's wet roads very well.
- Ive not had any opportunities to properly check the cornering capabilities with these tires but on the handful of occasions where I did take a turn at fair speeds, the car handled it well.
- Im still experimenting with different air pressures on the tires.
- The steering feel is much lighter than the Yoko S Drives. When I moved from the OEM 175 section tires to the 195 section S Drives on day 1, the steering gained a lot of "feel" / weight. Some of that seems to have gone with the shift to the Continental UC6. In laymans terms, it doesnt feel like a 195 would on a Honda Jazz. Now that might appeal to some, and it may not appeal to others. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
Confused between the Perfinza tyres by MRF vs Continental UC6 for my Maruti Ignis. Size is 195/60 R15. Anyone has faced this dilemma before? Any inputs?
I had these as my final two options. On pricing, the MRFs were quoted at Rs 5,600 per tire in the same size that you want. This was without the balancing and alignment costs. I got the Continental UC6 for Rs 5,000 per tire all inclusive.

Since the UC6 marketing focussed a lot on its ability to handle wet roads, that was a plus in its favour for me. We get a lot of rains here in Kerala.

Also, the availability of Continentals in Cochin was much higher than that of the MRFs. The big multi brand stores didnt stock up on the Perfinzas but had the Goodyear, Bridgestone and Continental tires. So I was able to shop around and hunt for good prices with the Continentals but I didnt have much as luck with the MRFs.

Ive been a Yokohama guy for years and Im quite happy with the Continental UC6. I dont think you could go wrong with either the Perfinzas or the UC6.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 14:56   #489
BHPian

Going by so many positive reviews about the Continental UC6 tires on the forum, I got them installed on my Swift.

I was actually confused between the Conti UC6 & the Yoko Blue Earth AE-51; but since the UC6s had some really positive reviews, finally ended up getting em!

I haven’t driven the car much post installation as the tire shop is just about 3 kms from my house. So got em installed and drove straight back home.

I switched from the 2nd set of MRF ZVTVs (185/65/R15) which had become really hard & the ride had gotten really bumpy. As per the tire guy, one of the front tire had even lost a bit of it’s shape.

Nonetheless, post the switch the ride has seen an improvement obviously as the new rubber is softer.
Steering too has become a bit free.
Can’t comment much on any other aspects as I have barely driven the car.

Will let the tires bed-in for approx 500 kms & then give my impressions on the same.

I even changed the valves as I was running on the OEM valves which were 9+ years old.

Tire Size: 185/65/R15 (OEM Spec.)
MY: 1121 (1st week of March ‘21)
Odo at change: 1,12,500 kms.
Age of the car: 9.5 years.

Price breakup,
Tire cost: 22000/- (5500/- per tire)
Valves: 600/- (150/- per valve)
Balancing weights: 400/-
Buyback of old tires: 1500/-

Total landed price: 21500/-

Alignment & balancing was inclusive.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 17th April 2021 at 14:59.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 18:20   #490
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking at swapping the tyres for the new Tata Safari (235 60 R18), so i was considering looking at Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV tyres.
Can anybody give share some inputs and experience about these set of Continental tyres.
Old 28th April 2021, 15:26   #491
BHPian

I see on the Continental India website that they also have a ComfortContact 6 available in addition to the UC6. Has anyone tried these ? Any information or feedback on these guys ?
Old 23rd May 2021, 21:40   #492

Attachment 2105584

Just in case you didnt notice, this also gives out the quality pyramid of the product line. So CC<UC<MC<PC<SC. Hope this helps buyers understand where the UC 6 really lies in quality and performance. Took me a while to figure it out myself.
gks777 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 12:52   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gks777 View Post
Attachment 2105584

Just in case you didnt notice, this also gives out the quality pyramid of the product line. So CC<UC<MC<PC<SC. Hope this helps buyers understand where the UC 6 really lies in quality and performance.
Too simplistic to call it a 'quality' pyramid. I read it as the parameter envelope of each range of tyre. For example:

CC6 is a softer comfort-oriented, higher mileage, longer life compound;
UC6 an 'all-rounder' compromise between sportiness, comfort, medium life t MC5 (globally replaced by the MC6) a sportier, noisier tyre with lower life (as per Indian experiences),
PC6 & SC6 probably more EU-spec and expensive tyres used by the OEMs and select aftermarket.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 15:23   #494

Thats what my initial impression was, that each series of tyre has their individualistic charecteristics and are not in any particular hierarchy. Sifting through user reviews on the web and seeing the pricing hierarchy of the tyre series led me to my later impression. The UC 6 and CC 6 are just the latest generation tyres. These have been released in India. The rest are yet to be introduced. If you check their pricing however, the upper strata of tyres(read PC,SC,MC etc) are much more expensive.
Old 27th May 2021, 22:49   #495
BHPian

Just wanted to understand what is the current warranty option available on UC6 / CC6 tyres. The company website has no such details plus the India version of the website does not even show UC6 in its product offerings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks