Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2021, 05:53   #496
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I got UC6 for the Fiesta last week! I usually stick with Michelin, but the recent ban on tyres forced me to look elsewhere. You can read those details here - Continental UC6

And now that I have put a few highway + city runs on the tyre, I can confidently say that it is very nice choice. It trumps the Michelin Primacy 3ST that I had on the Fiesta on all aspects.
How is the tire doing? My benchmark was S drive which gave me amazing service on the old Fiesta but it's not available here right now.
Old 30th May 2021, 18:19   #497
BHPian

Foiled again .. these tyre companies are out to get me. I reached out to Continental and they confirmed that though the Gen 6 tyres have been introduced in India, currently, neither the UC6 nor the CC6 are available in 195/65R15 or in 205/65R15. They said that the CC6 "might be available in 205/65R15 in two to three months". I'm so fed up. I don't know what to do.
Old 8th June 2021, 13:17   #498
BHPian

Changed stock tires (175 65 R15) today on my 2016 Honda City CVT to Conti UC 6 in 195/60 R15 option for 5300 per tire.

Other Options considered were
1. MRF Perfinza - 5600
2. Conti MC 5 - 5300
3. Yokohoma Earth 1 - 5400 and
4. Michelin P4ST. - 6700

My main requirements were
1. Comfortable ride
2. Lesser noise
3. Better braking ability of course

My running is limited to around 10K per year. My City Vs highway running is 60:40. I may not keep the car beyond 2-3 years. So I was not looking for long term durability necessarily.

Michelins were too costly and hence rejected. MC5 was out of stock. Dealer told me that they are getting UC6 stock rather than MC5 and are better than MC5. Did not consider Yoko's because I saw reviews that they get harder after 20k. Did not consider MRFs as I was not sure how noisy and comfortable they were compared to UC6.

After changing the tires, drove back to my home for around 15 km. So cannot give proper feedback. But initial impression is that its definitely silent and also comfortable. Overall characteristic of the car has also seem to have improved. Couldn't drive on highway.
Old 18th June 2021, 21:34   #499
BHPian

Last week got Tiago's tyres replaced from stock Bridgestone B290 to Continental CC6. I got them at Darshan tyres, JM road.
A friend accompanied with his Ameo and had four of his replaced. So got a good deal.
The tyres Seem to be very silent and grippy. Hoping for a good braking and long lasting life.

I will be trying out them tomorrow on tamhini curves.

Last edited by Torq : 18th June 2021 at 21:37. Reason: Additional details about the cost.
Old 20th June 2021, 21:59   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil View Post

4. Michelin P4ST. - 6700
Good one daredevil. Just a quick point, were you able to get P4ST? I am also looking for P4ST or XMs in 195/55/r15 for my Polo.

Please confirm. Request if you could share the contact details too.

Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 10:31   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
4. Michelin P4ST. - 6700

Can you please point out to the contact of the seller of Michelins !
Old 21st June 2021, 17:49   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Good one daredevil. Just a quick point, were you able to get P4ST? I am also looking for P4ST or XMs in 195/55/r15 for my Polo.

Please confirm. Request if you could share the contact details too.

Thanks
I was told by tire dealer that it will take 15-20 days for P4ST to be available. Since I had decided to go for continental, I didn't bother to ask any further on this. You can check with tire dealer to see if he has any updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Can you please point out to the contact of the seller of Michelins !
The tire dealer is in Pune. The name is Lokamanya Tyres, Karve road, Pune.
daredevil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 19:41   #503
BHPian

Hello all. I have been using Continental MC5 on my Swift since Oct 2016. It was a straight out of showroom tyre swap, but having driven a Dzire I can say that this tyre completely changed the road behaviour of the car with a softer ride yet sharper handling, much improved grip and braking specially during monsoons. Highway drives at higher speeds & periodic runs on curvy roads atop northern mountains became a thoroughly enjoyable experience. All well except for the mighty tyre roar and a slight hit to fuel economy (but diesel covers it up).

Now, I’m planning to change the tyres at 65k mark. Though 20% tread is still left and I feel should be good for 10k kms, puncture incidents have increased alarmingly.

Ideally I’d have liked to replace the MC5 with MC6, but the latter isn’t launched yet.

Does anyone have any information on MC6 launch date?

Can anyone share his experience of replacing MC5 with UC6
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:24   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing which a local Continental dealer informed me is that the company is going to launch only one model per size. So, for example we wont get UC6 and MC6 in the same size.

From what I could understand it will be the Comfort Contact (CC) series in the lower end (13, 14 and 15), Ultra Contact (UC) series in the mid range (14, 15?) and Max Contact (MC) series for the bigger tires.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 18:20   #505
BHPian

Whether UC6 or CC6 available for 195/65 R15 91V ?
Continental India website doesn't mention of UC6 or CC6 as of now!
Planning to switch to Continental as Michelin tends to dry rot with age.
Old 1st July 2021, 18:07   #506
BHPian

I was on Apollo 3G Maxx for 5+ years and 75k+ kms which was showroom fit. The buttons were still OK + grip/ braking was never a complaint with this set, but was very noisy. Considering the really long life and noise I decided to change it.

Did check out the usual suspects of Michelin and Yoko, was not keen on Bridgestone, Goodyear or others. Michelin wasnt available in any local stores due to import issues, so it was Yoko then. So had a look at the Yoko Earth 2 which is when the dealer suggested the UC6. Soon as I saw the tread pattern i saw the evident visual differences and the online reviews particularly from AUS were quite encouraging.

Ofcourse Yoko was a safe bet but considering the newer generation from Conti and only a slight increase in cost I took the plunge. Did speak to a few vendors around my area in BLR and good a favourable review from them as well. Changed all four tyres to conti subsequently.

CC5 may have been a better option but it was of older generation and the CC6 was not available for R14 for a few more weeks. UC6 was better on grip than the other but rated slightly low on comfort. But they both had thier strengths. So decided on the UC6.

I bought the UC6 185/65/R14 for my FIGO-TDCI. It has a 2 year unconditional warranty + 3 additional conditional warranty- valid across all India.

What a difference this tyre makes. Its silent, sticks to the ground well, turns are somehow sharper, feels good to drive as well, I am sure the wet road drive as well would be good- is this comfort, I'll take it.

I will undertake a highway drive this week which I hope would be great. Very happy with the purchase.
zavegur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 18:36   #507

Finally upgraded from conti MC5s which served me nicely for 40k kms to UC6 195/60/r15 on my vw polo 1.5.

Got them changed just before my road trip to Shimla-kaza-Shimla, have driven about 1500kms in them and they do feel similar to the MC5, albeit lesser noise, but the steering feels a tad bit lighter.

Braking, grip and handling is on par with the MC5 or maybe slightly even better. Got them for a total of 23k with alignment and balancing done at the dealership itself.

Can you guys help me in some of my queries?

1. I always used pressure of 32psi on my MC5 which were same dimensions as the new UC6, 195/60r15 but the dealer told me to put 30psi instead. For reference, the car is polo tdi 1.5 2016 model and most of the running is solo or max one passenger.

2. I used to get alignment and balancing done on almost every 5k km, but the dealer told me to get it done between 7-10k kms. Is that a reasonable gap?

3. The dealer recommend to "Flip" the tires inside out after 2500kms, don't the UC6 have different tread on the outside for faster water removal and such? I mean the tired have specific "inside" and "outside" written on the sidewall, is it wise to flip them?
Old 5th July 2021, 18:55   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspirit View Post
Finally upgraded from conti MC5s which served me nicely for 40k kms to UC6 195/60/r15 on my vw polo 1.5.
Can you guys help me in some of my queries?

1. I always used pressure of 32psi on my MC5 which were same dimensions as the new UC6, 195/60r15 but the dealer told me to put 30psi instead. For reference, the car is polo tdi 1.5 2016 model and most of the running is solo or max one passenger.

Either 30 or 32 psi is fine. You will hardly feel any difference.

2. I used to get alignment and balancing done on almost every 5k km, but the dealer told me to get it done between 7-10k kms. Is that a reasonable gap?

Depends on the type of roads you have. If you frequent rough roads then continue with alignment every 5k.

3. The dealer recommend to "Flip" the tires inside out after 2500kms, don't the UC6 have different tread on the outside for faster water removal and such? I mean the tired have specific "inside" and "outside" written on the sidewall, is it wise to flip them?

Do not flip asymmetric tires that have a marked "inside" and "outside". With these tyres you can do cross-tyre rotation for even wear i.e. front-right goes to rear-left and so on.
Tried to answer your queries (answers in bold).

Last edited by nitkel : 5th July 2021 at 19:02.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:56   #509
BHPian

I am planning to change the tyres of my Duster and the initial suspects were Michelin and Bridgestone. For Michelin, there is no stock in Bangalore as many dealers said they are not getting the supply for this size (215/65 R16).

Now the dealer gave me the option of Continental saying it's next best option to Michelin. The model suggested was ContiCrossContact™ LX 2 and he said it was made of Silica rubber and it would be a good in terms of drive quality and durability. I also asked them of other options like EcoContact™ 6 for the same tyre size however they said these models don't come to India not sure how much truth is behind that

Now anybody has changes to ContiCrossContact™ LX 2 tyres and how have been the experience ?
Old 8th July 2021, 12:41   #510

Just talked to Millivision marketing person. He has quoted 5.7k for 195/60 R15. Will be going in today . Will update on the final price . Hoping to push little more with the team bhp reference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks