Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2021, 15:23   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
On an aside - serves prissy ol' Michelin right for not having set up car tyre manufacturing facilities here. Their loss is someone elses gain.
Fully agree. Michelin has only themselves to blame for not proactively moving production to India after so many years of importing from Thailand. I am not saying move the slow-selling niche sizes, but definitely 16" to 18" are not niche any more.

Check out Yokohama Advan Sport too as well MRF Perfinzas.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 18:57   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

I had Yoko Advan Sport on my Jetta TDI DSG, in 17” variant. Grip was decent, but noise was definitely much higher.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 20:44   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Fully agree. Michelin has only themselves to blame for not proactively moving production to India after so many years of importing from Thailand. I am not saying move the slow-selling niche sizes, but definitely 16" to 18" are not niche any more.

After a discussion with the dealer, who I had purchased my Michelin PLC and P3STs from, I have shortlisted Continental MC5 or UC6. They are priced the same but the latter being a new pattern/model has less customer feedback in comparison. MC5 users have good things to say and I trust this chap, Mr Kulkarni from Lokmanya Auto in Pune. D day is either Tues or Wed in the coming week.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 00:17   #469
BHPian

Bought 4 Conti. UC6 for my S-Cross. Initial impressions are good. Tires are grippy. Ride quality feels a little more premium.
Slack at the centre of the steering has also reduced. Can't wait for the tires to run-in properly.
CrossLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 16:55   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
Bought 4 Conti. UC6 for my S-Cross. Initial impressions are good. Tires are grippy. Ride quality feels a little more premium.

Slack at the centre of the steering has also reduced. Can't wait for the tires to run-in properly.

Hi, could you please share the price you paid for the UC6, and in which size?

I too am considering them for my Swift in 185/65-15" size.
Old 1st March 2021, 11:49   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Hi, could you please share the price you paid for the UC6, and in which size?
Size: 205/60 R16
I got it for 6.3k per tire at Kochi.
Old 4th March 2021, 17:38   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

So, I finally 'migrated' to Continental for the first time. The MC5s were installed on Tues. UC6 are not available in 195/65/15 but in 195/60/15. I prefer comfort over handling hence went in for the MC5.

Very initial impressions compared to Michelins P3ST, these are sticky/grippy and more rolling noise even when new. Time will tell. A couple of highway runs coming up. Conti UK suggests running in the tyres for about 500 miles/800 km and this long drive should do it. And yeah like Michelin they suggest replacing every 10 years regardless of tread wear. All 4 P3STs had cracks between the treads and I am relieved to have new tyres. The unused spare was also junked.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 20:08   #473

hi Gaurav_P, that sounds like a great deal. Could you please share the details of the shop ?
Old 8th March 2021, 23:54   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shant_Jams View Post
hi Gaurav_P, that sounds like a great deal. Could you please share the details of the shop ?
Hi, I changed the tyres at Eastern Tyre co, East Street camp, Pune.
Old 12th March 2021, 23:58   #475
BHPian

Is UC6 durable on potholed roads? I have to navigate 100-200m of pothole ridden road every time near my home and also 50km of potholed roads when going to my in-laws home during and after monsoon. Otherwise it sees only very good NHs and city roads.

I have had Michelin XM2 for the past 4 years and don’t have any complaints other than the early cracks in the outer tread which seems to be a hallmark for Michelin tyres. The treads are still very healthy and have to replace only because of the cracks.

I’m looking at Continental as my next choice and would UC6 or MC6 be the better choice? I would be happy with XM2 like behavior but bit longer shelf life would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone have a good tyre shop recommendation in south Chennai, please do add.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 13th March 2021 at 00:00.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 13:47   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Also, if anyone have a good tyre shop recommendation in south Chennai, please do add.
I took a leap of faith with UC6 for my new ignis after having used Yoko a drives, xm2, primary 4st in my earlier cars. Bought it from GN tyres in Santorium (opposite Govt Siddha Hospital) or at Medavakkam and you can refer my name with the owner Mr. Anand.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 14:43   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the ballpark pricing for Continental UC6 tires in 195/60 15 sizes? I checked with a lot of dealers today and was quoted between Rs 20,000 to Rs 20,800 for four tires, alignment and balancing.

Im happy that Continental has taken the time and effort to grow its base in India. I was asking dealers about other options and besides the MRF Perfinzas (more expensive than the UC6), the only tires available were Yokohama BlueEarth tires, Goodyears and Bridgestones. Yoko S Drives are apparently being discontinued.

Ive decided to go for the Continental UC6, I should be getting them installed sometime next week.
Old 13th March 2021, 15:07   #478
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I took a leap of faith with UC6 for my new ignis after having used Yoko a drives, xm2, primary 4st in my earlier cars. Bought it from GN tyres in Santorium (opposite Govt Siddha Hospital) or at Medavakkam and you can refer my name with the owner Mr. Anand.
Hey, I'm looking for UC6 for my Ignis as well. Mind sharing your driving experience, and the tyre size and price? Thanks.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 16:56   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Thanks! I have actually used one of their branches (I think?) in Guduvancheri for buying a motorcycle tyre. What was the approx. cost of UC6 for your Ignis? I’m looking for my Jazz which is 175/65/15, looking for a reference price to talk to them about.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 19:45   #480
BHPian

I exchanged the stock Bridgestone Ecopia and paid 9k in total. I have to collect my actual bill with the break up. size is 195/60 R15 which is the right upsize for Jazz as well. Was wanting 185/60 R15 which is not available in UC6. Have driven only 100 kms post the change. The tyres are super silent, comfortable and good grip. So far a good alternative to Primacy 4ST.

Yes.. They own many shops in that area including Guduvanchery, Singaperumal koil etc.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks