Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 21:26   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Does anyone know a dealer for continental tyres in Kerala. The website isn't throwing any results when searched. Wondering if there is one so atleast can reach out to them and find out if there is anymore closer to where I am at.

Looking to buy this, but skeptical to buy over online from tyremarket.com. Any thoughts anyone? This is for Thar CRDE.

Continental tyres-conti.jpg

Last edited by balenoed_ : 8th September 2021 at 21:27.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 21:49   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Looking to buy this, but skeptical to buy over online from tyremarket.com. Any thoughts anyone? This is for Thar CRDE.
We do have an existing thread (Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online) on tyremarket.com. It seems most people have had positive experiences with their service.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 09:42   #528
Senior - BHPian

I have used continental cc5 tyres on my Aspire for 25k kms now. This year the rains have been good coupled with my professional role demanding I travel to Noida from Faridabad daily (past three years I was driving in Fridabad only). Apart from picking up kms faster, I was also observing behaviour of tyres closely, especially when my car is now over 1 lakh kms in cumulative mileage & suspension components become harder.

Summarising the experience, I would say these are fabulous for the price range & roads I travel. Barring one incident in loose gravel & cyclist on loose monkeying on wrong side (rather middle of road oblivious to traffic & blinded by curve on road) I had nothing to report. Even in that case I managed to stop in time & with the cyclist & me nodding head in despair for each other, I could drive on to my home. The grip in rains has been phenomenal (may be I'm exaggerating) but for my speeds & driving style the stopping distance, on road behaviour has been good, for anything over this price point. The noise levels could have been better, but then the local radio channels are loud enough to overpower diesel & tyre noise.

With budget & performance both on mind, I think Continentals edge over Michelins. The MRF Vredesteins are one I would try in future, but Continentals are simply too good for me.

Big thumbs up to these tyres & I would, for sure, recommend thes over pricier options.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 16:14   #529
BHPian

My experience with Continental has been very positive so far.

After driving about 46k km on the stock Apollo tires that came with my Punto, I opted for German shoes for it. I changed to Continental Max Contact MC5 and drove for another 48k km. I did not face a single puncture on this set while driving through all kinds of roads that the Punto could be taken to.

Now Punto is on its 3rd set of shoes, and I again opted for Continental, this time UC6 instead of MC5 (it seems the latter is old product now, as per Tyre Empire HSR Layout). It does have a little more noise than MC5 though.
Old 12th September 2021, 12:32   #530
Senior - BHPian

Posting a pic from within the wheel arch, the black sections pressure washed by water exiting the grooves of the 3 year old, 30k+ km run Continental MC5 in my GT TSI
Continental tyres-pxl_20210912_063020715.jpg

This was after a Mumbai Bangalore drive in September'21 amidst heavy rains. Quite happy with how the tyres fared over rain soaked highways at sustained highway speeds, I never felt a sense of my MaxContact losing contact , not to mention the quieter ride over concrete sections (almost whisper quiet over tarmac sections)

Makes me rue the initial period on stock Apollo Alnacs in terms of what I had been missing!

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 12th September 2021 at 12:34.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 16:26   #531
BHPian

Any feedback on Conti CCLX2?

Am looking at the 215/60/r17 UC6 but apparently they don't make the UC6 in this size.
Old 24th September 2021, 17:07   #532
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Does anyone know a dealer for continental tyres in Kerala. The website isn't throwing any results when searched. Wondering if there is one so atleast can reach out to them and find out if there is anymore closer to where I am at.
Attachment 2204482
Try Omega tyres in Thrissur, I visited them for alignment the other day and they had extensive range of Contis available. Try calling them at +91 9847014466.

I'm in no way related to them, just saw that they are continental priority dealers.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 09:54   #533
BHPian

Replacing five year old Michelin Primacy ST3 tyres, I got Continental UC6 fiited to my car on Sunday. Contrary to the immense improvement in comfort and noise level reported by some members, I don't see such stellar difference. If I compare with a five year old hard tyre, yes. Fresh tyre to fresh tyre I would rate it same. Beyond 50 kmph I did not find it that quiet.

On the other hand, I found pickup better. Can a tyre with better grip result in better pickup/ acceleration? I am not talking about pedal to metal kind of acceleration, just normal driving in city traffic.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 13:45   #534

Got 4 of these for my car that came with 205/55/R16. Looks great, works great. Nothing amiss at the moment. Happy with them for the price paid. Will recommend them to anyone.

Tyres feel as if they grip better than Michelin Primacy 3 ST. Don't know if this is actually a better grip or if the tyre conveys it better than Michelin.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-img_0094.jpeg  

Last edited by phoenix1386 : 13th October 2021 at 14:01. Reason: adding an experience
Old 13th October 2021, 13:55   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Replacing five year old Michelin Primacy ST3 tyres, I got Continental UC6 fiited to my car on Sunday. Contrary to the immense improvement in comfort and noise level reported by some members, I don't see such stellar difference. If I compare with a five year old hard tyre, yes. Fresh tyre to fresh tyre I would rate it same. Beyond 50 kmph I did not find it that quiet.

On the other hand, I found pickup better. Can a tyre with better grip result in better pickup/ acceleration? I am not talking about pedal to metal kind of acceleration, just normal driving in city traffic.
I thought these tyres were louder over 80 kmph when compared with my Primacy 3 ST, but I couldn't be sure of that. What I can be sure of, though, is that on concrete (or whatever the surface is, that comes for around 100-200 metres before toll plazas on NE-1) the Continental is decidedly quieter than Michelin.

I would not be able to speak of pickup, I feel it hasn't increased or decreased after the replacement. But, I noticed they grip better, or at least the grip is conveyed better.

I have driven these tyres for about 250-300 km and I like them. They are equal to Primacy 3 ST if not better. I do not know how Primacy 4 ST would be compared to 3 ST, or these. At the moment, for the price, I am happy with my decision to go with these over Michelin Primacy 4 ST.

Last edited by phoenix1386 : 13th October 2021 at 14:02. Reason: grammatical correction
Old 31st October 2021, 17:31   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Changed the stock tyres with plush new UC6

Did around 500kms till now. Feedback is 5 Stars over a drive on Smooth tarmac, Bad roads, No roads and Winding ghats.

Not to sound like a promo but it Provides everything one could ask for, at 6500 apiece.
  • Eerily Low Noise
  • Low rolling friction
  • Good cornering grip
  • Supple ride

The 1.6 feels transformed in road manners. Definitely recommended.
Hi Moto$apien,

Pls share the dealer info for the same, hopefully its in Gurgaon.
I am also looking to change my Ecosport's tyres to the same size - 205/60 R16.

Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 17:33   #537
BHPian

Purchased 4 UC6 tyres of 185/65 R15 for my 6.5 years old Swift ZXI. I was running the factory fitted Goodyear Duraplus which ran for 37500kms. Got the tyres @5880 per tyre from Thakuria Auto Wheels, Dharapur, Guwahati. Manufacture period is 4221 and 4321. Got 5% special discount for being Team BHP Member thanks to Mr Mrinal of Continental North East

Last edited by pranjal1984 : 16th November 2021 at 17:34. Reason: adding content
pranjal1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 21:07   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix1386 View Post
Got 4 of these for my car that came with 205/55/R16. Looks great, works great. Nothing amiss at the moment. Happy with them for the price paid. Will recommend them to anyone.
Hi phoenix, how much did you paid for the set? Also, I suppose you got these for Linea. Why did you went for increased sidewall?
Old 24th November 2021, 22:16   #539
BHPian

At Palika Bhawan Delhi I paid Rs 5400 per tyre for UC6 205/55 R16. Ride is comfortable and quiet, but beyond 80 kmph tyre noise gets irritating, especially on long expressway drives. Grip is good.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 22:50   #540
BHPian

I had to change the tyres in my car as the Michelin XM2 (185/60/15) started to wear off. It's nearly 5 years now and I can see cracks in the sidewalls and the end linings have a lot of chip offs. Though it can be easily pushed to another 10K kms, I do not want to take any risk during the long drives. I thought of changing to Bridgestone B290, but due to some unexpected changes in the dealer environment, I was recommended to go with Continental CC6. I found these tyres to be normal (in width) and not wide like XM2/B290. After some quick review on Continental tyres, I went ahead and changed it to CC6.

During the short drive back home, I found the drive to be smooth, almost like floating on the road. I’m not sure whether it’s the reality or just the feel with new tyres. I would have to take the car for a long drive to test it for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks