Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:36   #721
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

I just checked with a dealer for UC6 in a bigger city for my Ignis, who says they aren't getting supply for quite some time. They're only offering CC6.
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:41   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I had parked my car in an adjacent lane to a restaurant I went to lunch for, outside of one of these very old Ground +2/3 floor buildings. When I came back I found my tyres completely deflated. Front and Back.

Most likely one of the residents of the buildings did not like me parking outside their building even though its a public parking wasn't anywhere near their gate but hey whatever...
Congrats on your Conti's ..
Slightly off topic. but if it is a public road I wonder if we can take a pic and register a complaint with the Cops and have them warn the residents.
I am sure if you enquire with the shops around they will be able to tell you who does this.

From what I know as long as you are not blocking a driveway of any resident, it is legal to park.
Fillmore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:58   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Hello

I think you are mixing Yoko BluEarths with their Earth1. Earth1 is a high life focused product with a hard compound while BluEarth is a low noise and comfort focused product. You can go with any of the 3 options above. Vredestein is in the market for slightly over 2 years now and I’ve heard some good experiences - and there are some reviews here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...res-india.html (Apollo Tyres to manufacture high-performance Vredestein tyres in India)

If you’re inclined to upsize and go for one of 185/65R15 or 195/60R15, you can even go for the Conti UC6s which is very popular on this forum. The talker sidewall on these sizes will also improve comfort.
Nah I am not mixing them. I am basing my opinion on the reviews gathered with comparison to Conti & Bridgestone. I was of the opinion that Bluearth is the premium offering with softer notes but multiple people have suggested that they become noisy after initial 20K. I do not want new tires to have the same fate as the stock GY.
I do have earth 1 on my Swift Dzire. They are noisy and hence do not want them on Rapid.

The problem to up-sizing is that I have a fairly new car and I do not want to give Skoda ASS an opportunity to do BS. Just that. Otherwise I had plans to upgrade to 16 inch alloys.

Also the CC6 in 185/60 size is only T rated, while all other manufacturers are providing at least H. Though I will only be reaching those limits for few moments that too only at times, but it feels secure to know that the limit is higher.

I did consider Vredstein but due to no real user feedback I pulled back. Had inquired about them recently at an Apollo dealer.
All tires are approximately same price.

Last edited by ankitsharma : 2nd February 2023 at 14:01.
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:43   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post

Also the CC6 in 185/60 size is only T rated, while all other manufacturers are providing at least H. Though I will only be reaching those limits for few moments that too only at times, but it feels secure to know that the limit is higher.
If it’s only the speed rating that’s stopping you from choosing the CC6, please read my post where I had decoded speed ratings from a tyre manufacturer’s perspective. Rest assured you can go for T rated tyres for your car.

Quote:
That’s a sharp eye for detail that you have, but let me put your mind at ease - I’m an industry insider. All brands test their products to fulfil a speed rating that is a step above what is printed on the sidewall. So going down by 1 step - V to H, or H to T - is not an issue.

There’s another dimension to it - a different speed rating for the same size requires a fresh BIS certificate, and associated costs and bureaucracy. Interestingly, as long as the speed symbol doesn’t change, companies can sell any number of different products using the same certificate. For example, 205/55R16 91V Michelin Primacy 4 and 205/55R16 91V Michelin Pilot Sport 4 can be sold with one BIS certificate, whereas if Michelin wants to sell the Primacy 4 under both H and V speed ratings, they require 2 different certificates.

As a result, companies prefer to get the certificate for the largest volume product and would label the speed symbol for even the higher rated product by a step down, cause you’re one of the rare exceptions - nobody even pays attention to the speed symbol on the tyre, and of course, many don’t even know it’s there. I suspect this is the case for OffRoadFun’s tyres because for this particular size, the Scorpio, XUV500 and 700 come with H rated tyres and naturally they would constitute the biggest volume.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 17:55   #725
BHPian

Quote:
If it’s only the speed rating that’s stopping you from choosing the CC6, please read my post where I had decoded speed ratings from a tyre manufacturer’s perspective. Rest assured you can go for T rated tyres for your car.
Thanks for the enlightenment. Looks like on the Vredstein thread you quoted, TorqueKnight has also penned his review.

Let me try to talk to the dealer again for any possible discounts.

Thanks a lot.

P.S BTW any good dealers around NCR ? I can come to GGN also.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:07   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Hey narsi_6989,
Did you go ahead with the change ? If yes mind sharing which product did you get installed and the review as well ?
Hi, I went with Continental CC6 (185/60 R15 88T) and I am very happy with my choice. Covered around 20k already in the past 10 months. Its comfortable and good road grip as well.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:27   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi, I went with Continental CC6 (185/60 R15 88T) and I am very happy with my choice. Covered around 20k already in the past 10 months. Its comfortable and good road grip as well.
So after 20K kms tires are soft and grippy ?
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:29   #728
BHPian

Quote:
So after 20K kms tires are soft and grippy ?
I meant, since I changed the tires, I could feel the difference. It is comfortable since I changed and till now. Same with road grip as well. I am overall happy with them
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 19:02   #729
BHPian

Quote:
P.S BTW any good dealers around NCR ? I can come to GGN also.
For Vredestein I’ll recommend Tyre Plus in Ghaziabad - https://maps.app.goo.gl/j7iNoBKBxV7FzcfA7?g_st=ic

And Tyre station Ghaziabad for Continental -
https://maps.app.goo.gl/rjwCd3FfQHQ7Umpc8?g_st=ic

Suggested in Ghaziabad looking at “UP14” in your location, and also because ghaziabad has much better shops compared to Gurgaon. PM me if you are looking in a specific area in NCR. Cheers

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 2nd February 2023 at 19:07.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 22:58   #730
Senior - BHPian

My Nexon has completed 45K on Primacy 4ST, splendid performance on highways and off road (read HP/Lahaul Spiti roads and kaccha roads across may states). I checked out UC6 at a dealership, quotes were 9K+ for 215/60 R16, Whereas Earth 1 are available at 8.9K. Also checked out MRF Perfinza at 7.7K at a dealership.
Now I am confused between MRF or Conti. Any suggestions
Old 17th March 2023, 09:24   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
My Nexon has completed 45K on Primacy 4ST, splendid performance on highways and off road (read HP/Lahaul Spiti roads and kaccha roads across may states). I checked out UC6 at a dealership, quotes were 9K+ for 215/60 R16, Whereas Earth 1 are available at 8.9K. Also checked out MRF Perfinza at 7.7K at a dealership.
Now I am confused between MRF or Conti. Any suggestions
Refer to a team bhipans i20 for him the perfinza lasted 30k if i remember correctly.
UC6 will likely last you 45k. But then again, everyone's driving style and conditions are different.
Old 19th March 2023, 13:53   #732
BHPian

Quote:
I am on the lookout for the right set of tires for my 2021 Rapid Ambition and plan to keep the same profile as of now but I am not getting good options at the moment.

My stock tires, GY Duraplus have already given up, being rock hard and even after Balancing + Rotation + Alignment the ride quality has become outright shitty. Plus one of the tire has got a sidewall bulge (Though I ran it with the bulge for 8K).

Options I am getting right now:

1. Bridgestone Turanza ER300 -- Available with few shops only. Not many reviews available and some say they become hard.
2. Continental CC6 -- Speed rating is T as opposed to current H. Plus they are entry level tires.
3. Yokohama BluearthGT AE51 -- Have heard on the forum for being hard and noisy.
4. Vredstein Ultrac -- Not much reviews available.

My priority is medium soft (More towards soft), least noise as possible with balanced handling. Tyre life is not a concern here. I drive mostly highways with some city.

P.S. Initially I wanted Michelin but found that they are hardly available with latest manufacturing anywhere in India.
So finally changed all 4 tyres on my Rapid TSI.

Which Tyres: Continental Comfort Contact (CC6)
Size: Stock (185/60 R15)
Place: International Tyres, Indirapuram
Cost: 5200/Tyre including Alignment + Balancing. Also got Sensiary TPMS installed in the same cost.

Initial Impressions (Have driven ~1100 Kms till date)
Noise: Tyres are silent AF. I can hear the engine more these days. Still to drive on cemented highways but on tar roads the noise is negligible.
Comfort: More comfortable over the outgoing GY Duraplus. Not a very big change but small to medium potholes and rumble strips are a walk on the cake now.
Looks: Very average looks. Stock GY were better suited to these alloys as far as looks go.

Handling + Grip: This is where the bad part starts. I want to provide more details here so see if other CC6 users also felt/facing the same issue.
Initially right after the change grip was good but noise was a bit high. After 3-4 days of driving realized the air pressure was not right. (Yes Sensiary TPMS has an error budget of .3 - .5)
Once the air pressure was set right, noise subsided but steering feedback got worse on speeds above 80. It became lighter.
Then last weekend went on a drive with fellow Rapid owners to the new Delhi -> Mumbai expressway stretch opened near Gurgaon. Was just testing the new tyres at triple digits and the tyres gave up on the grip. Also on applying hard brakes, the car went right, left and center and stopped with a lot of drama, losing the traction required for straight line stability. I was scared TBH. There was very strong rubber smell after this. (Probably new tyres).
Then today I again traveled for some chore early morning and the drive was 140 Kms one way. This time I was observing the handling, braking and grip. Though there was no drama with the brakes but the tyres did lose on grip at 100+ speeds. In fact it felt like I was driving old gen Verna (If you know what I mean. NO offense to Verna owners in anyway).
Every-time I tried to speed-up for an overtaking maneuver, I could immediately feel the tyre giving off the grip and the steering would become very light & tyres ready to jump out of the road. This was never the behavior of Rapid for the last 29.5K Kms. The entire purpose of getting a better rubber is destroyed.
Single handed drive has become scary in itself.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is facing/ has faced this.

This might be a bad alignment/balancing or something but is scary.

Some Photos as well:
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-img_1503.jpg  

Continental tyres-img_1502.jpg  

Continental tyres-img_1497.jpg  

Continental tyres-img_1504.jpg  

ankitsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 08:55   #733
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried both Continental UC6 and MRF Perfinza on the same car? Currently have a set of MRFs but am thinking whether I should stick to it or try the UC6.
Old 30th March 2023, 09:17   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Some Photos as well:
I suggest you get the shock absorbers checked. Worn out shocks exhibit the same behavior you have described. Visually inspect them for any leaks.

I doubt the behavior has anything to do with the tyres
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 06:09   #735
BANNED

Quote:
So finally changed all 4 tyres on my Rapid TSI.

Which Tyres: Continental Comfort Contact (CC6)
Size: Stock (185/60 R15)
Place: International Tyres, Indirapuram
Cost: 5200/Tyre including Alignment + Balancing. Also got Sensiary TPMS installed in the same cost.

Initial Impressions (Have driven ~1100 Kms till date)
Noise: Tyres are silent AF. I can hear the engine more these days. Still to drive on cemented highways but on tar roads the noise is negligible.
Comfort: More comfortable over the outgoing GY Duraplus. Not a very big change but small to medium potholes and rumble strips are a walk on the cake now.
Looks: Very average looks. Stock GY were better suited to these alloys as far as looks go.

Handling + Grip: This is where the bad part starts. I want to provide more details here so see if other CC6 users also felt/facing the same issue.
Initially right after the change grip was good but noise was a bit high. After 3-4 days of driving realized the air pressure was not right. (Yes Sensiary TPMS has an error budget of .3 - .5)
Once the air pressure was set right, noise subsided but steering feedback got worse on speeds above 80. It became lighter.
Then last weekend went on a drive with fellow Rapid owners to the new Delhi -> Mumbai expressway stretch opened near Gurgaon. Was just testing the new tyres at triple digits and the tyres gave up on the grip. Also on applying hard brakes, the car went right, left and center and stopped with a lot of drama, losing the traction required for straight line stability. I was scared TBH. There was very strong rubber smell after this. (Probably new tyres).
Then today I again traveled for some chore early morning and the drive was 140 Kms one way. This time I was observing the handling, braking and grip. Though there was no drama with the brakes but the tyres did lose on grip at 100+ speeds. In fact it felt like I was driving old gen Verna (If you know what I mean. NO offense to Verna owners in anyway).
Every-time I tried to speed-up for an overtaking maneuver, I could immediately feel the tyre giving off the grip and the steering would become very light & tyres ready to jump out of the road. This was never the behavior of Rapid for the last 29.5K Kms. The entire purpose of getting a better rubber is destroyed.
Single handed drive has become scary in itself.

Some Photos as well:
My Santro Sportz Exe has CC6. Did Delhi - Lucknow -Delhi trip on both cemented and bitumen road. Never felt loosing grip. Max speed 140 kmph. Santro appeared planted.
Travel Bright is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks