Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2006, 14:14   #1
BHPian

Apollo Accelere Vs Eagle F1s

Does anybody know how the new acceleres match up to the eagle F1 tyres
Old 28th December 2006, 15:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A friend who works at a senior position in a car magazine tells me about recent testing of the tyre. Apparently they are a decent step forward relative to most other Indian tyres but when compared to the Michelins and Goodyears, the Apollos are crap. Yet some magazines wrote / are writing a decent review due to :cough: :cough: relations.

There was a similar story related to the Ford Fiesta but we'll leave that for later.
Old 28th December 2006, 15:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

i have seen a lot of people complaining about apollos... One of the guy in my neighborhood got apollos for his M800. He is pissed ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A friend who works at a senior position in a car magazine tells me about recent testing of the tyre. Apparently they are a decent step forward relative to most other Indian tyres but when compared to the Michelins and Goodyears, the Apollos are crap. Yet some magazines wrote / are writing a decent review due to :cough: :cough: relations.
Quote:
There was a similar story related to the Ford Fiesta but we'll leave that for later.
Old 28th December 2006, 16:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

the new Accelere sportz asymmetrical tyres..
Old 28th December 2006, 17:17   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Rudra and I saw the assymetrical apollos. When we asked the gentleman from apollo for the reason, he said that the inner treads would offer the performance of a wet weather tyre and the outer would offer the grip of a dry weather tyre.

That reply is enough to make me run a mile away from apollo.

I am a goodyear eagle f1 user, have had them for 3.5 years on my mitsubishi lancer and I have not one bad thing to say about them.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 28th December 2006 at 17:18.
Old 28th December 2006, 17:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

not that the Eagle F1 is a runaway success. heard quite a lot of gripes about the F1 series. there are plenty of posts in this forum regarding that here's one
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...-f1-gsd3s.html

You could consider Michelin or Bridgestone as alternatives

Last edited by esteem_lover : 28th December 2006 at 17:40.
Old 28th December 2006, 17:53   #7
BHPian

i heard that apollo has come up with a new range in the accelere series - Aspire. I came across this at inorbit mall a couple of days ago. these had the V tread design and looked pretty decent. Does anyone have any idea if you get tyres in 205/55R14 size
Old 28th December 2006, 19:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
i heard that apollo has come up with a new range in the accelere series - Aspire.
Please look at post # 4 by KP to see what these tyres look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
Does anyone have any idea if you get tyres in 205/55R14 size
I don't think any company makes this size but you could try Apollo. You can get this size in 15" & above though.
Old 29th December 2006, 00:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

185/60-14 is the only 14"size available in Accelere Sportz
Old 29th December 2006, 03:23   #10
elf
BANNED

Pricewise, I believe they're about the same or slightly more expensive (Apollos). At least that's what I got from the moron at the stand at the ACI Performance Show last month.
Old 1st January 2007, 00:58   #11
BHPian

Just never bye Apollo

HI Guys,

I have Apollo Accelere on my Petra. The tyres are just crap. The first time I went on a long trip, I got the bubble (dealer calls it wobble) and as a result tyre burst on the Mumbai Ahmedabad higway. Well the dealer said that it could be a rare manufacturing defect and sent it to the company. I still have to hear from the company.

Then last week I went to Mumbai - Hyderbad trip. Since I needed a spare dealer gave me a MRF spare. While returning again (Still 190 kms from Pune) I had the tyre burst on Solapur - Pune highway. I was doing just 120 at that time. The tyre again had the bubble and resulted in burst. While I was changing the burst tyre with the MRF spare, I saw another rear tyre with bubble. I had no choice now as but to cruise at 60 and reach Mumbai in 10 hours.
Old 1st January 2007, 19:38   #12
BHPian

yikesssss.. good to know manupriyam...
so much for apollo tyres and their being state of the art .. lol
please do keep us posted on your experiences with the tyre dealer... bubbles on multiple tyres is not a good thing at all !! wow now thats bad manufacturing.
i think its just safer to always buy a good MNC company tyre like goodyear or bridgestone and yokohama etc..
Also baba manupriyam i wanna ask you a couple of quick questions ...
what tyre size are you running and what did you pay for them ?

hope your dealer changes all your tyres... but do keep us posted..
boom
Old 2nd January 2007, 00:39   #13
BHPian

I am using 185/60 R14 and I had paid 500 bucks in exchange of stock. Today I got all the tyres changed to F1 - 195/60 R14. I paid 3800 per tyre and the dealer has promised me that out of 3 bad Apollos he would get me 2 tyre money back. I was in a hurry as I had to again leave for a long drive to Lucknow.

BTW When I had the tyre burst, the car automatically switched off the fuel injection. The highway mechanics had no clue as to why the fuel in not being pumped to the engine. After a long battle, I got hold of a Anuroop mechanic on mobile and he guided those guys and how to restart the fuel pump. Thanks to Michael at Anuroop, I was finally able to head home at 11pm in the night and that too at a dacoit prone area.
Old 2nd January 2007, 08:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had read lot of praises about the tyre from 2 or 3 mags at the time of launch . Infact I was planning on buying for my car . Dumped the idea later and went for GIII's any way I Praise the Lord ! for having myself steered away from trouble .
Old 2nd January 2007, 09:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
I had read lot of praises about the tyre from 2 or 3 mags at the time of launch . Infact I was planning on buying for my car . Dumped the idea later and went for GIII's any way I Praise the Lord ! for having myself steered away from trouble .

Welcome to the Grippin world of GIII.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks