Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 13:55   #1
BHPian

Bad experience with Anand Tyres @ Nandanam, Chennai

Penning down my experience with Anand Tyres.

Address : Old no.280 & new no.393 Ganesh Complex ground floor, Teynampet, Subbarayan Nagar, Teynampet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600018, India

Purpose of visit : Buy new tyres for my Fiesta

Price : Competitive

Service : Pathetic

Decided to get the tyres changed on my car, a quick google search showed me this place. Usually, I go further down to Royapettah for tyres. I decided this time, I'd try this shop. So called this guy, got the quote (he confirmed that fitment, balancing etc would be free of charge) and then fixed an appointment for Saturday morning.

Visited the place @ the fixed time (1st customer in the shop) and he started pushing me to buy another brand (Michelin & and upsized one) - told him a no straight away. He said, tyres needs to be taken from warehouse and gave an estimate of 1 hour for completion. I waited.

Two hours later, no sign of tyres yet. I signalled him that it is getting too late for me. He made some frantic calls and yet no sign of tyres. Finally after 3 hours of sitting idle, tyres arrived. While I sensed some relief, a BMW rolled in for tyre change.

Guess what, BMW was attended before my car (after waiting for 3 hours) - I was annoyed. When I approached him, he made himself unavailable. After the BMW, when they started changing the tires, a guy there made a remark - Saar, steel wheels are bent and in bad condition - you should get an alloy wheel.

I declined this politely (My car never had an air loss plus there was no physical sign of damage) - Clearly they are up selling/overselling.

Would I go there ever again? Probably no.

P.S I'm no way related to the shop. I was a one time customer.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2019 at 08:24. Reason: Poorly typed post
vaasscit is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 24th April 2019, 14:11   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ANAND TYRES - Tyres & Wheel shop in Nandanam, Chennai

^^ There must have been some basis for you to choose to go to this place.
While in Chennai, I would go 4km away to my trusted tyre store even though there was an apparently good place just 100m away from my residence.

Anyways, this is good feedback for other potential visitors.
Old 25th April 2019, 08:29   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad experience with Anand Tyres @ Nandanam, Chennai

Sucks to hear about your experience, but thanks for sharing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Visited the place @ the fixed time (1st customer in the shop) and he started pushing me to buy another brand (Michelin & and upsized one) - told him a no straight away. He said, tyres needs to be taken from warehouse and gave an estimate of 1 hour for completion. I waited.
"Warehouse" is dealer speak for "I don't have it in stock, but can source it from another dealer". I've worked in retail so know this gimmick well . That's why he first tried to push his own stock on you.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2019 at 09:39.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 08:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Penning down my experience with Anand Tyres.
For any such specific replacements, I always shortlist a couple of shops and then call them up beforehand that stock with right MFG date is available before I head down there. Saves time and gets you right treatment when you inform that you spoke to them a couple of hours ago and that materialised in this visit.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 08:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

I happened to Anand tyres teynampet for Rogerab fitment on my nexon. I happened to have a very delightful experience and the owner himself was supervising the work.

He also mentioned he stocks more than 100 tyres for the fast moving ones and even has BMW/Rolls royce tyres.

He apparently even stocks E+ size Rogerab which suits Porsche/Maserati

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks