Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 09:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I would agree with itzzme here. Get yourself any alloys with the correct PCD & if you're fitting 175/70 on them there should be no problems.
Thanks Ishaan,

If i go for 175/70/13 with correct PCD alloys,do i have any chance of fouling with the suspensions?

Here is what am looking for after an tyre upgrade:

1. Comfort & Less Noise
2. Steering should not become heavier.
3. Better grip & Handling.

What are the tyres that i can look out for?

Thanks,
Raajiv Sai
Old 20th March 2008, 10:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Yesterday saw some new Bridgestone tyres with exactly same thread pattern as Potenza GIII but Sports Touring was the model name.....
The tyre seen by you must be MY01.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:16   #18
BHPian

Hi This is a little old thread but still...
I had got B250 as standard on civic and after 26000KM I am not happy with them they are very good on high speed and normal conditions but wearing out very fast 2 of the tyres initially in front are almost gone .......
can anyone suggest me some better tyres for civic which are good on high speed and lasts long at least 50000 Km
Old 7th March 2010, 18:35   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Lalit, have you been doing a regular rotation & alignment of your tyres ? Seems odd that only the front tyres are wearing out faster than the rear tyres

Check out the options - Yoko's, Michelins, Turanza's..
Old 8th March 2010, 22:07   #20
BHPian

Between 5-10K there was alignment problem which i got to know only after some uneven wear out but then quickly I got it corrected and then rotated only 4 at 10K and since then things were good but the tyres placed in back kept wearing out pretty fast so i used 5th tyre at 22K and it is kept in front since then.
It is a bit messed up rotation but still i think tyres are wearing out faster.
One of the dealer said all luxury and fast speed cars do have this kind of problem and no tyre last longer than 35-40K ..... i was just wondering if this is true?
Old 29th June 2011, 00:02   #21
BHPian

Re: Bridgestone launches B250 series-To replace S322, S248, B800

This is old thread but thought would be useful for anybody looking for info on B250...

I am extremely happy with the performance of B250.

I have a Santro AT 2008 model, and had got B250 (tubeless) from the market with in the first week. I have driven 50K.

I have not really taken care by wheel rotation or wheel alignments nor have I been regular at keping the tyre pressure at 30psi. And I drive both in cities and high way, and I dont slow down for small potholes...

Now at 50k I am considering chaning the two of the tyres which has considerable wear (can go on coupld of more thousand except for water surface). Other two can easily go on for another 10K. Spare wheel almost never used.

On one of the trips I had hit the concrete of a bridge, nothing happened to the tyres though the rims (left side) had some bend. There was uneven wear due to rim bend, but after about 100km drive after the fixing the rim bend the wear seems to have evened out.

I have had two punchers till date and with the second one I drove around easily 600km just filling air every alternate day...
Old 1st July 2011, 10:54   #22
BHPian

B250 in the 165 size has been discontinued - its yet available in other size (dont know the rational behiend thats what it is!)

All the dealers here (BLR) are promoting the ER60 (Turanza) in the place of B250.
Old 7th April 2013, 20:52   #23
BHPian

Just did PDI of Sunny XVD today. Though I had informed the Sales Executive about my preference for MRF over BRIDGESTONE, the car finally came in with the latter.
Not losing my sleep over it, nor am I planning a swap once the car is delivered. I will see how the tires behave under variable conditions and then take a call based on the experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks