Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 17:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Apollo rolls out its 5th tyre factory in India

Apollo Tyres has opened its fifth manufacturing unit in India and the seventh in the world. The new factory is located in Chinnapanduru village in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.

Apollo rolls out its 5th tyre factory in India-outside-view-plant.jpg

Apollo Tyres' new factory is spread over 256 acres and has a modular layout. The company plans to invest close to Rs. 3,800 crore in the first phase of this facility. The plant capacity will be gradually increased in the next 12-18 months. By 2022, the plant is expected to produce 15,000 passenger car tyres and 3,000 truck-bus radials per day.

Apollo rolls out its 5th tyre factory in India-first-tyre-produced.jpg

The factory has a spine like central utility corridor that services both passenger car and truck radial units. 35,000 tones of steel and 1.23 lakh cubic meter of concrete was used to build this facility. It is said to have taken 12 million man hours to complete the construction work. The built-up area of the plant is 2,16,000 sq. mt. and it employs 850 people.

According to Apollo Tyres, the new factory has been designed to accommodate roof-top solar panels. Besides this, it is a zero water discharge facility with an in-built effluent treatment plant. The company claims to have installed energy efficient utilities and process equipment as well as environment friendly coolants.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 23:31   #2
IMP
BHPian

Re: Apollo rolls out its 5th tyre factory in India

I now am preferring to buy Indian products wherever possible, especially due to recent events that have occurred. I take pride in the fact that an Indian industry like apollo being one of the leading players in the global tyre market.

But with a UTQG traction rating of B for most of the high volume tyre sizes sold by apollo in India, it becomes difficult to opt for apollo tyres when other options are available.

This news is no doubt fantastic, but would really appreciate better and competitive tyres from apollo.
IMP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 03:50   #3
BHPian

I like the idea of promoting our own brands but when it comes to choosing shoes for my ride, I prefer Michelin for their superiority, there’s no two ways.
alikidwhy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 11:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
I now am preferring to buy Indian products wherever possible, especially due to recent events that have occurred. I take pride in the fact that an Indian industry like apollo being one of the leading players in the global tyre market.

But with a UTQG traction rating of B for most of the high volume tyre sizes sold by apollo in India, it becomes difficult to opt for apollo tyres when other options are available.

This news is no doubt fantastic, but would really appreciate better and competitive tyres from apollo.
Here is a thread which may help you decide on good Indian tyres in the future.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...improving.html (Is the tyre quality of Indian brands improving?)
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks