Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 16:26   #1
BHPian

GoPro mounted inside the tyre - See what a tyre goes through

An interesting perspective which no one would have thought of doing it. Thanks to GoPro for making it happen.

GoPro mounted inside the tyre - See what a tyre goes through-gopromountedinsidetyre.jpg

Image source: Rushlane

Warped Perception on YouTube has found a pointless yet totally interesting use of a GoPro Hero 7, by placing it inside the wheel of W211 Mercedes-AMG E55 mid-size V8 sedan.

Description from the video,
"I mount a GoPro camera inside of a car tire and drive the car around to see what it looks like inside of a wheel when we drive around every day.

I remove the tire from the rim then I mount the GoPro to the inside of the wheel and mount the tire back on the rim, mount the tire back on and re-install the wheel on the car.

Then I drive around and take a look at what it looks like the inside of the tire to see inside what the tire is going through as I drive through a bumpy road a smooth road and take turns at a higher speed.

it was a really interesting an awesome perspective to see what the tire is going through as we're driving our car.

and at the end of this video, I deflate the tire and the air pressure inside the tire does something really cool so you have to watch to the end."
jeganatu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:06   #2
BHPian

Re: GoPro mounted inside the tyre - See what a tyre goes through

I've been following his videos and here's an update, he put the GoPro now in the rear tyre and looks like the tyre exploded. Looks like he attempted a burnout and the GoPro battery got damaged. Waiting for the video to know what exactly caused the tyre to burst. I enjoyed the first video though. That's why I believe, the bigger the side wall, the better it is!

GoPro mounted inside the tyre - See what a tyre goes through-screenshot_20200810125325950_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

I was also reading a lot about different types of tyres and their qualities, Apparantly low profile tyres and runflats have more stronger reinforcements than a regular tyre.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks